The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-09-2017, 06:46 AM   #31
theassassin
Foot Soldier

Yeh with Tamashii Nations now planning a toon-accurate Shredder for their Figuarts line, I've completely lost interest in the First Gokin Shredder. Plus I've already upgraded all my Classic Collection Turtles to the more toon-accurate Figuarts ones. So the scale of First Gokin Shredder is now even more ridiculously oversized than it was with the Classic Collection Turtles. The biggest problem is that it's just not compatible with ANY existing Turtles figures. Even before the Figuarts TMNT came out, I was pretty disappointed with First Gokin's Shredder though, and their apparent disinterest in taking any suggestions from the fans.

The thing is, the First Gokin Krang was nowhere near as far away from the toon in style, or as far away from the Classic Collection Turtles in scale. That's why people loved it. They can't make Shredder really far away from the toon in style and completely out of scale with the Turtles and then get frustrated with the fans for not buying it. As has been said, what people want is a toon-accurate (or close to it) Shredder, that's to scale with toon-accurate (or close to it) Turtles. But with Figuarts coming along, honestly I think the ship has sailed, even if First Gokin did shrink their Shredder or make it closer to the toon style, it's gonna be too little too late. Though I will certainly look out for their future products, as Cerebral is certainly a top quality figure.
theassassin is offline   Reply With Quote