The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Old 08-01-2017, 02:54 PM   #21
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
That second page isn't loading for me, is it for anyone else?
Yep. It's the big guy versus Hakkr.
Old 08-01-2017, 02:56 PM   #22
CyberCubed
Overlord

Weird, I can only see the top half of it with Dusk defending the Neutrino leaders then it cuts off. Oh well, doesn't matter since the issue will be out soon anyway.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2017, 03:13 PM   #23
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Weird, I can only see the top half of it with Dusk defending the Neutrino leaders then it cuts off. Oh well, doesn't matter since the issue will be out soon anyway.
Dask.

But now I want "From Dask to Dawn", an epic vampire/Neutrino crossover.
Old 08-01-2017, 03:20 PM   #24
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

Well, that was a quick capture !

Like grabbin a mole or prairie dog...or something...?
Old 08-01-2017, 10:54 PM   #25
DestronMirage22
Yukipedia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utrommaniac View Post
Well, that was a quick capture !

Like grabbin a mole or prairie dog...or something...?
Like catchin' a cat fish by hand in the 'ol bayou.
(As a certain someone might put it )
DestronMirage22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2017, 10:56 PM   #26
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

...That...ended up being very meta and very appropriate, all things considered.
Old 08-01-2017, 10:59 PM   #27
DestronMirage22
Yukipedia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utrommaniac View Post
...That...ended up being very meta and very appropriate, all things considered.
Haha...yup!
DestronMirage22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2017, 01:14 AM   #28
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

Spoiler:
Well, I read it.

Ma'riell's decision to help the prosecution is probably going to cause a lot of problems, especially with her brother. She's already said he'd be angry enough to learn he's in prison, but now she has to deal with the fact that she's helping to keep him there. I feel a Burnow Island shakeup...Kleve and Montuoro likely aren't going to stand for it either, nor would a big part of other remaining soldiers. I'd imagine Ma'riell probably would be trying to keep things low and is preparing for a huge tear in her relationship with Ch'rell, but still...things are going to get nasty. "What is rotten in the state of Burnow Island?" levels of nasty.

It seems like there are constant void fillings in Dimension X.
The Utroms picking up from the D'Hoonibs (who, let's face it, started that war and then surrendered, with no indication of being wiped out), then the Malignoid Swarm seems to be picking up from the Utroms. There's a key difference between the Utroms from the D'Hoonibs and the Malignoids from the Utroms. The Utroms were picking up directly from the D'Hoonibs as some kind of post-war responsibility, and the Malignoids are more...vulture-y in filling the gaps. And clearly more terrifying in force.

It's almost like the Rebellion should have realized there'd be a massive hole to be filled, more appropriately by the Neutrinos. No wonder Dimension X always seems to be at war, the supposed good guys don't know how to fill power vacuums and not focusing on the imminent invasion. And hey, maybe even making their most powerful prisoner useful against this massive threat!?

There's a lot of problems with the way the Neutrinos handle things in Dimension X...it doesn't seem like they think a lot of stuff through. Come on guys, Krang killing off the prosecution and his key witnesses should be more than enough to put him on trial, even if it's on a separate set of crimes. And why are you surprised Krang would be destroying civilian lives when you did the same on his? Granted, he was doing it on every planet, but you're the good guys! I'd expect higher standards from you by just taking down the government and leaving those uninvolved alone; make yourselves better than your enemies.
Quanin was already proving to be a danger to his planet and people anyway, so taking him out alone would have been doing a huge favor to everyone.

I'm a little bothered by how narrow Leatherhead's face is...getting too close to a crocodile there.

Killing that councilor in front of everyone probably wasn't Hakk-R's brightest idea either.

Honeycutt yelling "Hakk-R!" brought out a very instinctive "THE Hacker, to you!" from me.

Last edited by Utrommaniac; 08-02-2017 at 01:29 AM.
Utrommaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2017, 10:34 AM   #29
martinitolove
Foot Soldier

Wasn't expecting much from the trial (I find the Neutrinos boring since the 80-ies). But today I must say that my mind was blown away and I'm looking forward to all the new issues! Thank you guys and chapeau!!!
martinitolove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2017, 10:46 AM   #30
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

I'm siding on the Neutrinos not being the most exciting. Just not buying the "pointy eared goody two shoes" thing. There's gotta be some kind of skeletons in their closets. The Utroms are rife with issues, which is one of the reasons why I like them...and aren't basically SciFi Elves. Elves in fantasy are boring enough as it is.

Just let them fall out, guys...

They also didn't really make a good logical move in taking back everything that was left by Krang before Maligna could. And frankly it seems really, really, REALLY dumb to focus on the trial instead of Maligna??? I mean, they could even get Krang to help with that, he's probably the smartest military tactician in the entire prison. And if he knows Maligna means serious sh*t, he'll probably be willing to help if only because they have bad blood.
Old 08-02-2017, 11:28 AM   #31
myconius
Abby Normal

Location: the grave marked "Unknown" right beside Arch Stanton.
i really enjoy what IDW has done with the Neutrinos.
they've actually made me care about them.

Spoiler:
i didn't even really mind when Zak called Raph "Daddy-O"

the Turtles dialog was also a lot of fun in this issue!
it's good to see them getting some much deserved spotlight!
Old 08-02-2017, 11:41 AM   #32
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

I will give them points for doing the Neutrinos better than the originals did, at least with Dask, Zak, and Kala...and especially Trib! But Zenter and Gizzla feel like they had a little bit of a downgrade in willingness to put up with Krang's antagonism. They were actually able to save themselves from Krang in the FW version and were much more vocal against him as well. In IDW, they seem more dependant on protection from their military. They're kinda..."eh".
Gizzla is basically just a lamp.

I really, really want to find something in the Neutrinos to like, some kind of actual flaw that's in the text to give them a boost in roundness, but I'm not seeing much? I'm just seeing them as people with good intentions making really bad decisions (focus on the bugs, THEN the trial! Then you won't have to say "boo" should the bugs arrive in the middle of the trial, as is being suggested in the summaries of the next issues!)
Old 08-02-2017, 12:30 PM   #33
CyberCubed
Overlord

Wow, I'm surprised how much I enjoyed this issue. For what was essentially an exposition issue to get this arc started, I really liked it. It's great to see the Fugitoid and Neutrinos in an arc again and see some resolution to the Krang war arc from all the way back in 2013 or whenever it was when we left them, that arc was a long time ago. The Turtles receiving medals was something that should have happened back then, I'm glad it was touched on.

Leatherhead returning was good and unexpected, although I'm a bit disappointed nothing was mentioned of how he killed three or so Utroms back on Burnow Island in his debut. Shouldn't he also be tried for killing innocent Utroms? I'm interested to see where they take him. Also will the remaining Utroms on Earth finally leave Burnow Island to a new home in Dimension X somewhere? I guess we'll see.

Hakk-R is really cool. He feels like a character made for an action figure or a cartoon show, fun to see this type of character in a comic. I'd love a toy of this guy, lol.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2017, 12:37 PM   #34
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

Yeah, they pretty much only talk about how he attacked Honeycutt, but leave out the triple revenge murder - one of which was on an official who could have been extremely helpful in the trial.
Old 08-02-2017, 12:45 PM   #35
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

I really feel like bringing Leatherhead to the trial is going to backfire for somebody. Spectacularly backfire.
Old 08-02-2017, 12:47 PM   #36
myconius
Abby Normal

Location: the grave marked "Unknown" right beside Arch Stanton.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
I really feel like bringing Leatherhead to the trial is going to backfire for somebody. Spectacularly backfire.
most likely. but it'll be oh so fun to watch if it does!
Old 08-02-2017, 12:56 PM   #37
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

Krang is probably going to be up there. Maybe there will be a proper Hakk-R fight with Leatherhead. Maybe a few Utroms going to the trial will get in his way?
Old 08-02-2017, 02:00 PM   #38
neatoman
Emperor

Come to think of it, wouldn't Baxter make for a somewhat decent witness?
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2017, 02:01 PM   #39
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by neatoman View Post
Come to think of it, wouldn't Baxter make for a somewhat decent witness?
He absolutely would.
Old 08-02-2017, 02:02 PM   #40
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

That he would. Weren't there Neutrino scientists too or would they have died? Surely there's gotta be some retired guys that used to work for Krang?

(And on that matter, how did Burnow Island get cleared of its Ninja/Soldier corpses?)