The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 08-18-2017, 11:56 AM   #1
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Boba Fett Yoda and Jabba The Hutt movies being considered

From The Hollywood Reporter:

“The Obi-Wan Kenobi stand-alone is one of several projects being developed by Lucasfilm and Disney that fall outside the trilogies telling the saga of the Skywalker family. A Han Solo movie is now in the final stages of shooting under new director Ron Howard, and Lucasfilm is also considering movies centering on Yoda and bounty hunter Boba Fett, among other characters.”

From Variety:

“Disney has been developing several standalone pics with the goal of keeping fans buying tickets while they wait for the next episodes in the main new trilogy. “Rogue One” was the first of the standalones, and Disney is currently shooting an untitled origin tale of beloved smuggler Han Solo. Some of the other standalones in development include a Jabba the Hutt story and a Boba Fett movie.”
Old 08-18-2017, 12:02 PM   #2
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autbot_Benz View Post
a Jabba the Hutt story
To quote the Adam and Joe Show:

"You come from the farthest star, you're a fat alien, ha ha ha"
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2017, 12:09 PM   #3
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autbot_Benz View Post
Some of the other standalones in development include a Jabba the Hutt story and a Boba Fett movie.”
Wouldn't this just technically be... resuming production on a Boba Fett movie? That's what Trank was developing for like 2 years for them.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2017, 12:17 PM   #4
NinjaPug
Foot Elite

A Jabba the Hutt movie? I can see a movie revolving around the criminal underworld part of the universe that included the Hutts but a movie with Jabba as the lead? Terrible.

Boba Fett is the most overrated character in SW.
NinjaPug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2017, 12:23 PM   #5
TheSkeletonMan939
A New Day, A New Headache

Boba Fett was kind of interesting in ESB when he had the audacity to hash out a deal with Vader, and he was all mysterious and elusive and stuff. That's it. He sucked in RotJ and sucked in AotC. I cannot understand what people see in him. Even Jango was cooler.
TheSkeletonMan939 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2017, 12:30 PM   #6
ToTheNines
[sic]

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaPug View Post

Boba Fett is the most overrated character in SW.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSkeletonMan939 View Post
Boba Fett was kind of interesting in ESB when he had the audacity to hash out a deal with Vader, and he was all mysterious and elusive and stuff. That's it. He sucked in RotJ and sucked in AotC. I cannot understand what people see in him. Even Jango was cooler.
Agreed. Even as a little kid, I didn't buy the hype.

Although, I would be into a revenge-Western style story about Boba hunting down an old, one armed Mace Windu.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2017, 12:34 PM   #7
TheSkeletonMan939
A New Day, A New Headache

Very early plans for RotS involved Fett tracking down Windu and blowing a hole through his chest.

TheSkeletonMan939 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2017, 01:35 PM   #8
CyberCubed
Overlord

Boba Fett is just one of the coolest characters in Star Wars history. I saw the original trilogy for the first time when I was like 10 or so, and from the moment I saw him I thought he was one of the best characters I had ever seen.

I don't know what it is, everyone who saw Boba Fett almost instantly became a huge fan of him despite his little screentime. It's like some sort of hypnotic hold he has.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2017, 01:52 PM   #9
ToTheNines
[sic]

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Boba Fett is just one of the coolest characters in Star Wars history. I saw the original trilogy for the first time when I was like 10 or so, and from the moment I saw him I thought he was one of the best characters I had ever seen.
I was only 5. Sad!
Old 08-18-2017, 01:54 PM   #10
snake
Disgusting

Jabba is gonna be in the Han movie, so I doubt he's getting a whole movie to himself.
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2017, 01:55 PM   #11
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToTheNines View Post
Although, I would be into a revenge-Western style story about Boba hunting down an old, one armed Mace Windu.
That'd be great. Though I'm sure he'd have gotten some kind of robotic prosthesis for his forearm/hand at some point.

There's no reason in the world to believe a Jedi can "fall to his death." That can't even be possible. If they can't levitate themselves, surely they could, like, levitate the belt they're wearing, or their boots to the same result.
Old 08-18-2017, 03:43 PM   #12
sdp
Megan Fox = April

Jabba makes sense as a supporting character, even in a boba fett movie not in his own. I want a Bobba movie though, always foudn him as a cool character before I even knew he was a huge fan favorite which now makes me like him less. I also like Jango.

I was reading the press-releases of when Disney acquired Lucas Film and it's so sad about what could've been. Three things that stood out to me:
1. They mention continuing Lucas' Episodes VII-IX which he had been working on. We now know they ignored them.
2. They mention that what they especially loved about Star Wars was the huge cast of worlds and characters it has created in all the Expanded Universe and saw it as potential to explore all of that. We now know it's only the OT that matters.
3. They want to be able to release a film every 2-3 years. We now know it's 1 or two per year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSkeletonMan939 View Post
Very early plans for RotS involved Fett tracking down Windu and blowing a hole through his chest.

http://i.imgur.com/8vHym3p.jpg
I remember that, Lucas mentioned it a few times and how he would get his revenge. It made sense too and made Boba cooler if we saw him take down a Jedi, especially Windu. The problem is they made Boba too young in Episode II and it wouldn't have made sense for a teenage Boba to be this badass.

Lucas also mentioned that Episode III would have Han and Chewbacca with the Millenium Flacon. Also glad that didn't happen, they would've been kids.
sdp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2017, 03:50 PM   #13
ToTheNines
[sic]

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
Lucas also mentioned that Episode III would have Han and Chewbacca with the Millenium Flacon. Also glad that didn't happen, they would've been kids.
Chewbacca was in III. on Kashyyyk.

But yeah, Han would have been like 10 at the time. Good call nixing that.
Old 08-18-2017, 03:51 PM   #14
snake
Disgusting

Ensemble Bounty Hunters movie > Boba movie.
Old 08-18-2017, 03:53 PM   #15
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
1. They mention continuing Lucas' Episodes VII-IX which he had been working on. We now know they ignored them.
Important thing to note: Disney REQUIRED Lucas to give them outlines/treatments for VII-IX as part of the deal. People act as though, "Scummy old George Lucas! He tried to force his ideas for 7-9 on Disney but they IGNORED them! Hah! In your face Mean Old George! Serves you right for denying us the older, sh***ier versions of the holy OT on Blu-ray!!" which is simply not the case. It's true, they ignored them... but they were solicited.

"Too much like the prequels," was the word. Which is probably Disney code (we know now) for: "Tried to do things other than just recreate the OT."
Old 08-18-2017, 04:20 PM   #16
snake
Disgusting

I highly recommend the "Art of TFA" book, which chronicles the production from it's earliest stages. You see what we COULD'VE gotten, and watch it degenerate as Abrams and Kasdan are latched onto the project. The concept arc up until then is truly inspiring, creative, and extremely Star Wars.

The book pissed me off because it would've been the perfect aesthetic for the sequel trilogy.
Old 08-18-2017, 06:52 PM   #17
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by snake View Post
I highly recommend the "Art of TFA" book, which chronicles the production from it's earliest stages. You see what we COULD'VE gotten, and watch it degenerate as Abrams and Kasdan are latched onto the project. The concept arc up until then is truly inspiring, creative, and extremely Star Wars.

The book pissed me off because it would've been the perfect aesthetic for the sequel trilogy.
That sounds FASCINATING!
Old 08-18-2017, 06:54 PM   #18
snake
Disgusting

Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
That sounds FASCINATING!
Buy it. It's worth every penny.

https://www.amazon.com/Art-Star-Wars.../dp/1419717804
Old 08-18-2017, 07:07 PM   #19
NinjaPug
Foot Elite

I'll second that. The Art of TFA book is great. It's disappointing seeing everything we could've gotten over the ANH rehash though.

Fingers crossed TLJ doesn't make the same mistake.
NinjaPug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2017, 07:30 PM   #20
Shark_Blade
Emperor

Jango is better than lame Boba Fett.

We already have Jabba the Hutt in the White House.
Shark_Blade is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cybercucked, jabba_the_cuck_movie