The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Old 09-23-2017, 06:10 PM   #201
Ashwolf
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabacooza View Post
Ciro said fugitive not Fugitoid. Am I missing something?
Nope, think the 1s saying it was fugitoid misread it...
Old 09-23-2017, 06:12 PM   #202
Allio
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by BubblyShell22 View Post
I'm going to say the crossover is the finale and not this one. Just seems more fitting to me.
Honestly rit's stupid to me, especially with what happens to B and R
Allio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2017, 06:23 PM   #203
Sabacooza
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashwolf View Post
Nope, think the 1s saying it was fugitoid misread it...
The question still remains though. What is this story about?

I wonder if additional stories could be done maybe in 2D animated form to add to the story and fill in the gaps. Maybe a web series but that would compete against the new show so it probably wouldn't happen. However, that didn't stop them from releasing all those weird animated shorts over the summer. If they did do more of those, I'd rather see them based on the currently finished show.

Probably a dumb idea but this arc just seemed so jarring as if they skipped over some major stuff that I'm sure lots of us would've wanted to see.
Sabacooza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2017, 06:26 PM   #204
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allio View Post
Honestly rit's stupid to me, especially with what happens to B and R
You mean Nick's Bebop and Rocksteady? Them turning over a new leaf and becoming good guys fits them fine. It was the perfect end to them.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2017, 06:56 PM   #205
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

Its time to finally tackle this, the series finale of the Nick tmnt series! I can't believe it was all over yesterday night when I got around to watching all 3 episodes, the series that began almost 5 years ago has finally come to an end.

On my thoughts regarding the actual episodes themselves, I thought they were good, great even but not the all out finale of perfection that I was building it up to be. That was a slight dissapointment, but I honestly can't complain as I thought the very last scene of all the brothers re-uniting was perfect. The world may be in peril, no one may have survived, but the spirit that kept all 4 turtles together was strong as ever.

It certainly helps that I am a big fan of the Mad Max series, especially Fury Road, so I'm a bit biased towards this episode emotionally, but lets start with what was legitimately good about it:

1. The implication that the Turtles may have had a final battle with the Kraang, something that I hoped for since this season began.
2. Chompy, though I was not especially big on Ice Cream Kitty's re-appearance, considering she could not only not survive in a desert and didn't visibly age at all, but had a musical to herself not too long ago.
3. The fact that the special set aside time for the turtles to just have fun and enjoy themselves, even as the world around them was grim.
4. Raphs, Dons and Mike's new look.
5. I liked Meera's character. I was initially hoping for Alopex instead, but I'm content with what we got.
6. The lack of April, Casey, Karai, Shinigami. Alot of people may have not liked these episodes for this reason but I think having just the turtles was a smart choice for this one final story.
7. The action/chase scenes.

As for the cons:
1. Leo's new look, I didn't like it that much
2. I didn't care much for Verminator Rex, but I thought the Lizard people were cool. Still think the Kraang should've been chasing the turtles instead.
3. The ending was a bit rushed in my opinion, they could've explored the past a bit more and elaborated on how the apolcalyptic wasteland exactly came into being, and clarified what the turtles decide to do after they reach Oasis, try and rebuild the world with trees maybe?

8/10.
FredWolfLeonardo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2017, 07:02 PM   #206
Ninturtle
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabacooza View Post
Ciro said fugitive not Fugitoid. Am I missing something?
Fugitoid usually auto corrects to Fugitive when I type it, so that's a possibility too. And by the way am I the only bothered by Mikey having hair? Especially Raph at least shaved , but Mikey looked ridiculous . I don't mind Mikey's design except for that ( and the underwear he's wearing), and like the concept of an old senile Mikey but that decision to give him hair baffled me.
Ninturtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2017, 07:07 PM   #207
matteso586
Stone Warrior

Took me a day after to realize. Meera is the same voice actress as Lucy Loud and Flame Princess. Come to think of it, I wonder if Peter DiCicco and Jessica DiCicco are related. Or am I just getting confused and misspelled their last names?
matteso586 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2017, 07:07 PM   #208
Sabacooza
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninturtle View Post
Fugitoid usually auto corrects to Fugitive when I type it, so that's a possibility too. And by the way am I the only bothered by Mikey having hair? Especially Raph at least shaved , but Mikey looked ridiculous . I don't mind Mikey's design except for that ( and the underwear he's wearing), and like the concept of an old senile Mikey but that decision to give him hair baffled me.
Oh, that's a good point about the auto correct. Maybe he did mean Fugitoid. Hopefully this story comes to light.

Raph with a beard was weird and yes, Mikey with hair was also weird. Makes you wonder why the need for hair. At first I was annoyed but I quickly shrugged it off.
Sabacooza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2017, 07:09 PM   #209
CyberCubed
Overlord

Fugitoid's VA is from Doctor Who, isn't he? He was probably too famous or busy to get back again in real life to come back for an episode.
Old 09-23-2017, 07:15 PM   #210
Ninjinister
無問題

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Fugitoid's VA is from Doctor Who, isn't he? He was probably too famous or busy to get back again in real life to come back for an episode.
Or maybe it's because he's the main character in another cartoon right now? That might fit the "too busy" thing. But they could also voice match if they couldn't get him back. Tom Taylorson from Battle Match sounds close enough to work. It's not like they've never replaced a voice on here before.
Old 09-23-2017, 07:16 PM   #211
CyberCubed
Overlord

Come to think of it I wonder if the original plan was for Donnie to be put into Fugitoid's body instead of Metalhead. It would have been more fitting than Don just put into a rebuilt Metalhead. If he was put into Fugitoid's body we probably would have still heard Fugitoid speak too and they'd both co-exist in the same robot frame.
Old 09-23-2017, 07:51 PM   #212
Allio
Foot Elite

Quote:
You mean Nick's Bebop and Rocksteady? Them turning over a new leaf and becoming good guys fits them fine. It was the perfect end to them.
Hardly, it's more in character that when they say it they have their fingers crossed. Honestly them trying to redeem these "closure" to characters like them and Tigerclaw has done badly.

Heck there ain't no going back, Rocksteady was a weapons dealer
Old 09-23-2017, 08:00 PM   #213
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allio View Post
Hardly, it's more in character that when they say it they have their fingers crossed. Honestly them trying to redeem these "closure" to characters like them and Tigerclaw has done badly.

Heck there ain't no going back, Rocksteady was a weapons dealer
Rocksteady being a weapons dealer doesn't mean evil, there are weapons dealers in real life, and Bebop was a thief. Even then them realizing Shredder/Krang were going to take over or destroy the world wasn't what they wanted, so they helped the Turtles defeat them and thought about turning over a new leaf.
Old 09-23-2017, 08:12 PM   #214
Allio
Foot Elite

Saving the world doesn't equate to being a hero. There is such thing as choosing the lesser of two evils.

Honestly the most probable is that the two of them are on an adrenaline high and they will be back to their old selves
Old 09-23-2017, 08:15 PM   #215
CyberCubed
Overlord

Or maybe they try the hero thing for a little while and it doesn't work out. Either way it was a proper ending for them, even ignoring this timeskip.
Old 09-23-2017, 10:01 PM   #216
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

I wonder if the Show's creators borrow this from the TMNT and Other Strangeness RPG.
http://turtlepedia.wikia.com/wiki/After_the_Bomb

There was a supplement called "After The Bomb" which is set in the near future.

Quote:
In the near future, gene modifying technology has become widespread and inexpensive, allowing for consumer-level gene modifying kits. People began experimenting with transgenic hybrids, creating their own mutant animals. Creating human hybrids was technically illegal, but was impossible to enforce (since everyone has a full set of human genes).

Some kids decided to make a homebrew virus, based on the human genome, and release it into the wild. Roughly three-quarters of humanity died, and the virus also began to infect other animals, modifying their genetic code. The remaining governments decided this must have been an act of bio-terrorism, and waged nuclear war. Collectively, this fall of human civilization was known as The Crash.

After a few generations, animals with human looks or other mutations became common, leading to the world of After the Bomb.
Old 09-23-2017, 10:37 PM   #217
PApagreg
Mad Scientist

You know I been thinking and based on the ending are they going to use the Oasis to jumpstart the planet or are they just going to keep it to themselves, also how come Donnie didn't try to communicate with any of the alien species the turtles encountered I mean there has to be some letover Kraang tech he could use to communicate with extra terrestrials allies or find some sort of new Dimension.
Old 09-23-2017, 11:06 PM   #218
newhire13
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by PApagreg View Post
You know I been thinking and based on the ending are they going to use the Oasis to jumpstart the planet or are they just going to keep it to themselves, also how come Donnie didn't try to communicate with any of the alien species the turtles encountered I mean there has to be some letover Kraang tech he could use to communicate with extra terrestrials allies or find some sort of new Dimension.
Well its been 50 years, I'm sure at one point he tried. You gotta remember, they've had 50 years worth of adventures from the time the bomb went off until we caught up with them.
newhire13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2017, 12:24 AM   #219
Storm Eagle
Saved by

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicky82 View Post
Ciro answering some questions.

(in spoiler due to size)

Apparently Timothy did appear in the final, In the fight arena. So Timothy/Mutagen Man got his closure.
Quote:
Originally Posted by evan2000 View Post
I found what looked like Mutagen Man's canister at the seafloor right below the fight arena (when Raph briefly fell into the water):

https://i.imgur.com/Mlzzl4C.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/7TWXrBr.jpg
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicky82 View Post
That's it guys, the fate of Mutagen Man is solved.

He's dead
Quote:
Ah, so that's the Mutagen Man cameo? So Timmy died, or stayed dead. All 2 fans of his character can now be satisfied.
Quote:
Originally Posted by newfan View Post
It's f*cked up that people find that funny.
Storm Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2017, 12:43 AM   #220
Ninturtle
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storm Eagle View Post
It's f*cked up that people find that funny.
How so? Timothy is a fictional character.
Ninturtle is offline   Reply With Quote