The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 01-18-2020, 11:01 PM   #1
PApagreg
Mad Scientist

Anyone watched Kipo and the Age of Wonderbeasts

The show is a post-apocalyptic story that takes place 200 years into the future where man has burrowed underground and the surface has been taken over by intelligent bipedal animals with bizarre themes. You got Modfrogs, Joan Jett Snakes(yes she actually does play as a giant snake), Timber Cats, Fitness Raccoons, Newton Wolves and on top of that giant animals that act like their savage counterparts. We follow Kipo a purple skinned girl from the Burrow who from unfortunate circumstances got separated from her colony and has to find them through the surface, she is allied by Wolf a girl who is pretty much the team muscle, Benson another surface kid who survives based on his guile, Dave a mutate who goes through a life cycle eveyday and Mandu a mutate pig who is pretty much the team's pet.

The show is pretty much what you get if you combine the light hearted episodes of Avatar and Teen Titans with Adventure Time in that despite it being somewhat mostly comedic and goofy it does have some serious aspects as well I'm not going to go into spoiler but Wolf's backstory was especially heavy.

The Art and Animation is what really carries this series for me imo, I like the character designs and the backgrounds are great in the day time and beautiful at night and I especially loved the use of purple in these scenes.

The show is outsourced to Studio Mir and as expected they do good work, the character movements are good, fight scenes are good but aren't that memorable but the chase scenes are some of the best I seen in recent memory.

https://twitter.com/mayhem_crimson/s...97794695712769

The soundtrack also slaps too, some of the composures who worked on Spider-verse are also working on this and it shows especially when it comes to the licensed music so I hope you enjoy rap because there is a lot of it(GZA also plays one of the mentioned Newton Wolves)

All in all pretty good show a decent 7.5/10 for me.