The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Old 01-12-2024, 10:12 PM   #61
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumac View Post
Maybe it will be like Volume 1 to Volume 2?
But maybe not right away. Vol. 1 => a few minis => Vol. 2.
Andrew NDB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2024, 10:51 PM   #62
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowabung-Gal View Post
#150 is advertised as the must-read conclusion of the ongoing series

https://tmnt-ninjaturtles.com/tmnt-vol-v-150-idw/

So…what, the entire series will be rebooted or something? Like DC’s New 52?
We know it can't be. The first "Untold History of the Foot Clan" mini comes out before issue 149. Since it's a 4 or 5 parter (I forget which), the next 3 or so issues will be coming out AFTER issue 150. This is about Karai and her mutants, Casey Jones who joined her, Null's mutants who joined her, having their own story arc.

Sophie also showed us the design of IDW's Ninjara who will be introduced in the series after issue 150. I'm also pretty sure the next annual and Free comic book day issues come out after issue 150 with stories in the universe.

They are probably just starting with a new #1 to attract new readers but the IDW universe isn't ending.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2024, 05:37 AM   #63
Sumac
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
They are probably just starting with a new #1 to attract new readers but the IDW universe isn't ending.
Given that a lot of people were soured with Mutant Town nonsense, it is justified.

Now the question is, will the writing become better...
Sumac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2024, 01:09 PM   #64
Jeff
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowabung-Gal View Post
If Jennika is still on board post-150, you guys at IDW can just forget about me giving you a second chance.
Bye. I'm sure the people who weren't reading before who buy-into a new #1 will make up for the missing $3.99 from your pocket.
Jeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2024, 01:45 PM   #65
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Im all for a new spinoff comic with Jennika, I enjoyed reading her miniseries.
Old 01-13-2024, 03:34 PM   #66
CyberCubed
Overlord

For the last time, Sophie confirmed it already on twitter, read these two posts:

https://twitter.com/mooncalfe1/statu...71076964323553

Quote:
Despite what some people are saying, IDW TMNT is NOT ending at #150!! The announcement article even says it's not ending! Come on, guys. It's getting a new writer and some new spin-offs, that's all.
https://twitter.com/mooncalfe1/statu...34362519302579

She just doesn't know if the next issue will be called #151 or a new #1.
Old 01-13-2024, 05:12 PM   #67
Sumac
Banned

I would consider it a pretty big change.
At the very least, from the point of view of logistics.
Sumac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2024, 06:29 PM   #68
GameCobra
Random Punk

I am intrigued, but what i'm really not liking about this is it appears that from the look of panel 150, it looks like from the ripples in the pond, Jennika is indeed staying with the turtles and Alopex is going to do her own thing. I do think Alopex can hold her own, but to me it just doesn't make too much sense for Alopex to go off and do her own thing after she got her green bandana. It feels... forced.

I do like Jennika. She is a simple foot soldier that worked her way up to the turtles and became a turtle. but I don't like how they are pushing Jennika with the turtles without Alopex. Alopex is just as important to the turtles as Jennika. It still makes no sense to me why Alopex isn't sticking around with Jennika. The two of them are basically adopted from the Foot Clan to the Splinter clan and giving them some great tools to work with: Jennika being street-wise and a former human while Alopex is a trained hunter, originaly Shredder's first fully trained mutant and likes the turtles in general.

This year does look pretty promising, so i'm just hoping my frustration with the way the story is going is answered this year.
GameCobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2024, 07:18 PM   #69
Cowabung-Gal
The Party Dudette

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff View Post
Bye. I'm sure the people who weren't reading before who buy-into a new #1 will make up for the missing $3.99 from your pocket.
It will soon be $4.99 thanks to inflation. Need to save as much as I can for more important stuff in this abysmal economy anyway.

Hardly anyone is buying Campbell’s run at our local comic store. Meanwhile, Usagi Yojimbo: Snow and Ice #4 sold like hotcakes this week
Old 01-13-2024, 08:20 PM   #70
TheLabRat
Hench Mutant

The series may still be partially rebooted after Armaggon arc. Maybe Jennika will become Yoshi's biological daughter and four turtle's elder sister in her past life. To think of this worst possibility makes me creepy.
TheLabRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2024, 09:10 PM   #71
CyberCubed
Overlord

Well it depends what the new writer wants to do, but I think as a whole they'll just move away from mutant town (granted Sophie's run has already done that), and maybe write out Jennika like Alopex was. Venus will probably stick around.

Also depends if Armaggon is fully defeated at issue 150 or they intend to keep it around, the way its written Armaggon is not really a "character" in this series so I think it'll just be short-lived.
Old 01-13-2024, 09:40 PM   #72
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Well it depends what the new writer wants to do, but I think as a whole they'll just move away from mutant town (granted Sophie's run has already done that), and maybe write out Jennika like Alopex was. Venus will probably stick around.

Also depends if Armaggon is fully defeated at issue 150 or they intend to keep it around, the way its written Armaggon is not really a "character" in this series so I think it'll just be short-lived.
Nah, I think they can do a spinoff set in Mutant Town.
Old 01-13-2024, 10:19 PM   #73
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Hope Alopex comes back into the fold at some point, but the distance could also simply be convenient for Raph to move on later if he and Ninjara are a thing again?
IndigoErth is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2024, 07:55 AM   #74
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
Hope Alopex comes back into the fold at some point, but the distance could also simply be convenient for Raph to move on later if he and Ninjara are a thing again?
The most recent issue hinted at Raph and Umeko aka Ninjara, So its possible that a future issue we'll see those two hook up at some point.
Old 01-19-2024, 12:13 AM   #75
Wednesday's Serial
Thug

Jason Aaron? Ick
Wednesday's Serial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2024, 07:46 PM   #76
TheLabRat
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeandRaph87 View Post
Exactly! I thought it would be interesting to see him live for two reasons. As you state, to serve as the master to a new generation, but also even though he succeeded in killing Hiroto him dying as well keeps Hamato from getting the ultimate victory in the end. No one wins if everyone is dead. True a new Turtle generation exists and presumably it's the end of the Oroku line and Foot Clan, but it takes away from Mike's victory with his death. Michaelangelo learned at the beginning of issue #2 the value of his life and need to carry on, that seppuku is a waste. In a sense it's like by killing Michaelangelo off then the book commits seppuku. I don't care about a replacement generation with a couple of females. I am there for Michaelangelo!
The idea of Marie being a mutant is kind of silly, and it make me feel bad for Casey because he got cucked.
TheLabRat is offline   Reply With Quote