The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > General TMNT Discussion

Notices

Old 03-31-2024, 11:29 AM   #1
Leofan26
Mad Scientist

Which character has evolved for the better over the years?

Hello folks, it’s been a while a random question popped into my head as of late and thought this was the best place for it.

Example, Leo from the original was considered the boring one fast forward to the 2003 version to 2012 to Rise to now, I feel his character has. Guess I’ll where his character goes in this new up coming series so far I’ve liked it. What about you guys?
Leofan26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2024, 07:45 AM   #2
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Overlord

Casey Jones. He used to be insane until the 4 Kids cartoon gave him a reason, and better explained why he became a crimefighter.

Last edited by Original TMNT Cartoon Fan; 04-02-2024 at 07:59 AM.
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2024, 03:28 PM   #3
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

*cough* Same answer on Reddit, but you'd have to know which was me. lol Guess I can give it more thought though.

Guess I can agree with Casey, since he was such a nut in the first cartoon, though granted he wasn't that madman in his original Mirage version, so he kind of went south before getting better again.

Far as Turtles go... I dunno, no one? After 40 years there was good evolution of personalities and then in some cases where (imo) went off in crummy directions (such as making Mikey progressively stupid or Rise turning Leo into such an asshat, among others) and then back again, sorta. At least Mikey isn't currently stupid, but that he was for so long doesn't make for great evolution.

My boy Leo... dear, dear Leo. What have they done to/with you. Have they forgotten who you are? You can't be the serious, noble, upstanding, honorable (and all that good stuff) guy you are because it's "too boring" now? MM does seem to mostly get him, because the characterization, while it seemed younger, was still largely in a way that was recognizable, which I appreciated, but I'm so burned out on Nick's determination to take younger tones with them... The kind of vibe this sort of fanart conjures up is what I really really really really really (times infinity) want back for him. Not necessarily that exactly (though that would be cool), but the kind of characterization and personality it suggests. I don't give a flying frick if he's boring to some people, they have THREE other Turtles (and a whole slew of supporting cast) they can gravitate towards.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2024, 04:13 PM   #4
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
*cough* Guess I can agree with Casey, since he was such a nut in the first cartoon, though granted he wasn't that madman in his original Mirage version, so he kind of went south before getting better again.
So, killing people for stealing tape decks doesn't qualify as insane?

https://www.miragelicensing.com/comi...h/raphael.html
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2024, 04:17 PM   #5
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Okay maybe there was a bit of it there. It's been a long time since it looked at those issues. Though still pretty sure that he still isn't the would-be escaped insane asylum patient 1987 is though.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote