The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > General TMNT Discussion

Notices

Old 11-26-2020, 05:50 PM   #1
sdp
Megan Fox = April

Triceratons in FW

Since everyone is going crazy over the NECA zarax and zork figures (I mean the names are new to me). Why do you think the Triceratons were never really used in the FW cartoon? Dinosaurs are always cool, the triceraton figure was a very popular figure with kids and as enemies they basically sold themselves. The show was always sci-fi heavy so it's not like their origin was anything weird.

Yeah, I know they made an appearance in one episode, but even then it was a cameo at best since the episode was actually a Donatello one. The writers didn't even see them relevant enough to be featured in a single episode. I don't understand.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2020, 06:29 PM   #2
Galactus
Foot Elite

They definitely would have fitted in with the more sci fi nature of the show. I'm also surprised Fugitoid was never used at all. For a Mirage character he's very family friendly and would have fitted in perfectly.
Galactus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2020, 06:33 PM   #3
mikey0
Foot Elite

Many of the 1990 to 1993 characters were not featured in the CBS Saturday morning cartoon. I know there were restrictions made for the 1990 to 1996 episodes since the turtles moved to Saturday mornings. Nonetheless, Groundchuck, Dirtbag, and Tattoo were the last non-variant characters to be in an episode during the time the toys came to shelves.

I have no idea why the writers of the CBS episodes waited so long to introduce Merdude, Anthrax, Scumbug, Chromedome, Tokka, Rahzar, and the Triceratons. In their defense, Merdude and Anthrax were still recent action figures when “Atlantis Awakens” and “Night of the Rogues” were typed.

I bet that the Triceratons would have appeared in a 1990 or 1991 episode if TMNT were still a little known syndicated series.

Last edited by mikey0; 11-26-2020 at 09:08 PM.
mikey0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2020, 04:09 AM   #4
neatoman
Emperor

I really hated the Triceraton episode. It would have been really easy to adapt the Fugitoid story, the fact that two other cartoons did it proves it. "Aliens want a weapon that would let them dominate over their enemies, which an unwilling scientist on the run knows how to make" is not a poor set-up, it's easy to understand and offers a lot of potential for plot development.

What did this crappy show do? A random invasion brought to an end thanks to holograms fooling them into think Donatello already ruled the planet, because they don't want to invade planets ruled by reptiles. So stupid.
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote