The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > General TMNT Discussion

Notices

Old 01-05-2021, 10:38 PM   #1
T-U-R-T-L-E POWA!
Stone Warrior

SECOND Favorite Turtle

My favorite Turtle is and has always been since the 80's Raph. So the other day I was talking to a buddy and his favorite is Leo but his second favorite is Raph and he said Donnie was his least favorite and I couldn't believe that because he's my second favorite easily and I told him that I always figured Donnie was everyone's second favorite Turtle because I've always assumed Raph was the most popular Turtle but maybe I'm wrong. So what say you guys? Who is your SECOND favorite Turtle?
Old 01-05-2021, 11:19 PM   #2
Leo656
The Franchise

Hmm, tough call. Leo's my easy favorite and Donnie's in Fourth - nothing personal against him but for me he's the least-interesting insofar as personality, although obviously he's useful. I just wouldn't wanna spend an inordinate amount of time watching or reading about him specifically, compared to the others who are all a bit more dynamic.

That leaves Raph and Mikey to vie for second place, and I admit that's not as clear-cut as it might seem at a glance. Although the tendency to write Mikey as insufferably annoying MOST of the time definitely adds points against him, but I still think he's a good character in the right hands.

I guess I'd say that Raph is technically my second favorite just because he and Leo have kind of a "Superman/Batman" thing going on between them a lot of the time and I find that kind of thing interesting. Although I'd probably rather "hang out" with Mikey than Raph, if that makes any sense. I'unno.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2021, 11:36 PM   #3
Zog The Magnificent
Stone Warrior

Man, I don't even know who my first favorite turtle is. It's been years, and I've never been able to decide.
Zog The Magnificent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2021, 01:02 AM   #4
newfan
Mad Scientist

Another version of my favourite just kidding, honestly not sure, could change up with the version. I often find qualities in all of them (with the odd version excluded from that)

I get what Leo means with the reasoning of why you might go for a character based on how they fit into the dynamic or work with another turtle over them having a personality you would rather chill with.

Last edited by newfan; 01-06-2021 at 02:37 AM.
newfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2021, 07:25 AM   #5
superstaff
Mad Scientist

Raph is my second favorite, hands down.

My favorite is Leo.

Mikey and Don alternate between 3rd and 4th, depending on the incarnation.
superstaff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2021, 08:35 AM   #6
Wesley
Mad Scientist

Raph is my favourite, though Leo is a close second. Personality wise, I’m a cross between Raph and Leo.

Mikey’s my third fav. See bits of my past self in him (reading comics, playing videogames, etc.)

Don is my least fav, as he’s the turtle I don’t have much in common with interests wise. I’m not a science or technology person.

I really like them all, though.
Wesley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2021, 01:54 PM   #7
srmff
Foot Soldier

My favourite is Leo. Raph is probably my second favourite. I think a part of it, as some have alluded to, is because the dynamic between Leo and Raph is my favourite among the turtles. I find them interesting since they're the two that are most likely to clash but, at least in some versions, they seem to have the closest bond among the brothers. Despite the clashes and competitiveness, they seem to be the first to confide in each other rather than the others.
srmff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2021, 04:10 PM   #8
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

For me, the other three have always pretty much been tied for 2nd place.

IF I really HAD to choose, like a spur of the moment team up with one of them aside from my fave, then Donnie may have a slight edge in that he is the brother most similar to Leo and I've always appreciated they are sort of each other's right hand guy. Not sure that makes him necessarily 2nd fave over the other two, but he's probably the next one I'd gravitate to if Leo was not in the picture for some reason.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2021, 04:27 PM   #9
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

1.Mike
2. Raph
3. Leo
4. Don

I prefer the 1987 cartoon overall and when it comes to Raphael as my #2 I mean specifically voiced by Rob Paulsen. This sarcastic punster is the root of my preferred humor and why I need Raphael to be such for me to fully enjoying instead of being a rebellious hothead. Sure he can be that too, but I like the way the 1987 cartoon portrayed him overall and it also hurt my appreciation for both Raph and Don in the 2012 cartoon because Donatello sounded like Raphael.

If we are talking specific portrayals I like both Leonardo and Donatello as portrayed in the 2003 cartoon. They are still my #3 and #4 turtles however I like them as they are portrayed in the 2003 cartoon more. Personality wise I am the perfect meld of my #1 and #3 turtles and prefer my #3 turtle's weapon, but I don't act like Raphael and prefer to hear his brand of humor oppose to utilize it myself.

Putting Donatello in last place does not me I dislike him at all, I just find him to be the least interesting and the one who can be a plot device out of situations no matter the iteration. I understand what Nickelodeon was doing as it recognized Don is the least interesting of the four of the turtles when it made him geeky and injected Rob Paulsen into him along with the crush on April. However, I feel it missed the mark as I mentioned above as he comes off as another turtle and the April crush thing beyond being a gag for Michelangelo in the first film, it just does not work.
Old 01-06-2021, 04:36 PM   #10
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy

As a kid, I remember the ranking being:
1. Raph (because of Paulsen's portrayal)
2. Mikey (because come on, he's the party dude)
3. Fluctuated between Leo and Donnie depending on my mood.

As an adult it's still Raph. Then Donnie, mainly because Sam Riegel was so great in the 4Kids series and of course Paulsen in the Nick show. 3 and 4 are probably again a tie between Leo and Mikey depending on how I feel.

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2021, 08:34 PM   #11
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
Well, it's no secret that Mikey is my fave, but as for second fave, I'd have to go with Donnie. I have always loved their easy comradery in the 90 film, and how they kind of have a close friendship in mist versions, even though they "seem" so different in personality and intellect (ie, Donnie super smart and introverted?, Mikey usually shown as borderline "dumb" and an extrovert). But the fact that they CAN get along so well, hang out together as friends, and even their easy banter in the movie, combined with how Donnie is the most intelligent and "useful" brother outside of fighting, makes him my easy second favorite.

"Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

My various stories and fan-fics are now here-

https://m.fanfiction.net/u/4770494/#end
MsMarvelDuckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2021, 10:20 PM   #12
Shark_Blade
Emperor

It's either Mikey or Leo I guess.
Shark_Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2021, 11:05 PM   #13
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

My second favorite turtle is Raphael, mostly due to the 1987 cartoon.

I've always preferred Raphael as a sarcastic and witty cynic as opposed to the rough hothead in other incarnation, although hothead Raph has been extremely relatable on some occasions.
FredWolfLeonardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2021, 11:52 PM   #14
Powder
So tired of this place

Donnie is my second favorite turtle. Leo's been #1 for life, but Donnie's really never been far behind, & I even enjoy him most of all in the 2012 series.

I don't like when Donnie is played purely as Mr. Brains & Tech Nerd, but when he's got a sarcastic temper (2012), smug bravado (Rise), or grey morality & need to self isolate (Mirage) he really hits some entertaining notes.

& purple's always cool!

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2021, 08:04 PM   #15
Sage Ninja
Band of the Hawk

Michelangelo is my favorite turtle but Leonardo has always been my second favorite turtle in pretty every incarnation.

Cassandra: You won't fight me, but will you fight...for HIM?

~Cassandra's Revenge

~Tangled the Series
Sage Ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2021, 04:23 AM   #16
LeotheLateBloomer
Foot Elite

I'd probably say Raph. He may give my boy Leo a hard time but he's still always got his brother's back. Always liked his Wolverine personality. I like his Mirage, 90s movie trilogy, and 2k3 versions of him the most.
LeotheLateBloomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2021, 09:01 PM   #17
Rooish
Devil's Advocate

Mike's my favourite. I've struggled with depression for years and he represents the way through to me. *shrug*

As for second favourite, usually Leo because I have a bit of an honour or doing the right thing myself.

But sometimes it's Raph when he's not written as a complete a-hole.

Nothing against Donny. He's a bit of a Mary Sue sometimes.
Rooish is offline   Reply With Quote