The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Old 05-29-2013, 01:10 PM   #21
Tazi
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by shredder orokusaki View Post
It was an amazing issue! I almost killed Casey and beat the turtles very hard!!! AHAAHAHAH!! That issue realy shows how badass i am!!!!!
And I'm guessing you didn't put this in a spoiler tag, because you're the Shredder, and thus makes you evil. Sigh...
Tazi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 02:25 PM   #22
***First of Two Latin Kings***
Will not be censored

Who at IDW doesn't know how to spell "material?" I'm drunker than Casey's dad right now, and I still caught that error...

Great preview though. I'm behind you guys on City Fall 100%.
I can hear it now: "I'm sorry little April, I told you that if you didn't take good care of them I'd be taking them away. Now they are going to the lab to be abused for experimentation" (You could almost rewrite this as April caused the fire to get back at her father over it...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCanadiandrome View Post
Powder I'd not defend him, that's just how he gets

International shipping assistance: DARTHCJJ@GMAIL.COM
***First of Two Latin Kings*** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 03:04 PM   #23
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Referencing the letter column,More Weird Bobby Stories? Sounds like a good thread!

Just a cameo of Bebop and Rocksteady? More than that,come on!

Angel visits her father who is off pannel...I bet the fan theory is about to be proven correct!

Possible spoiler.....
I thought the cover to 23 was Raphael since he was ambushed with Casey it appears its Leonardo as he was separated and Casey's stomache being scratched prevented him from being rounded up.
Old 05-29-2013, 03:16 PM   #24
shredder orokusaki
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tazi View Post
And I'm guessing you didn't put this in a spoiler tag, because you're the Shredder, and thus makes you evil. Sigh...
Exactly! That why i didnt puit in spoiler tag! Because i wanted to show to evryone how much evil i am!!!
Old 05-29-2013, 03:48 PM   #25
TomWaltz
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

Quote:
Originally Posted by ***The One True Shredder*** View Post
Who at IDW doesn't know how to spell "material?" I'm drunker than Casey's dad right now, and I still caught that error...

Great preview though. I'm behind you guys on City Fall 100%.
Umm... Materiel (from the French matériel for equipment or hardware, related to the word material, and sometimes so spelled in English) is a term used in English for equipment and supplies in military and commercial supply chain management.

TomWaltz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 05:47 PM   #26
Weapons@theready
Hench Mutant

In one word-Greatness

To expand I am totally in love with this arc already, I can't wait to see how the story progresses

couple of things

Spoiler:

1.loved seeing Raph and Leo go at in when it comes to saving Casey
2.Raph going bat **** crazy - so glad we finally got to see that hyper-agressive side of him
3. Shredder is ruthless, I actually wasn't sure based on the art if he had stabbed Casey, but even though I like Casey it was good to see Shredder actually be a bad ass

On a negative note, I feel like Splinter training with Leo is foreshadowing the "surprise attack" or katsugi men if you will of Leo joining the Foot just to sneak attack Shredder
Weapons@theready is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 06:13 PM   #27
Martin
Stone Warrior

I'm sure there'll be a discussion thread where we will rant at length about why this issue was so awesome, but I just need to get this out of my system:

Spoiler:

Bravo, just bravo.
Martin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 06:19 PM   #28
DrSpengler
Foot Elite

Here's my review for TMNT #22 at TMNT Entity.

Alright, wow. That was a hell of a way to begin a story arc.

The multitude of plot threads coming to fruition or otherwise being referenced is a bit overwhelming, but even the uninitiated can get by on just the spectacular art and action alone. Seriously, you guys have to hold onto Santolouco; he's the best.

What gets me about the issue is that there's basically one conflict: Big trouble and not a lot of time to react. They need to save Casey, but they have to come up with a plan first, but they don't have enough time to do it. When Splinter tries to stall for time, that has a horrible consequence for Casey. And at the end, they're back where they started only in WORSE shape: They have to save Leo, but they have to save Casey, too, and time is running out.

It builds and builds and builds at a steady pace and finally leaves your adrenaline hanging at the end there. Really well paced.

What was even better was that Splinter's apprehension at Shredder's threat backfired and may have gotten Casey killed. It shows a great vulnerability not just to the heroes, but to their master. He messed up and it may cost them a member of their family. For some reason, I really like stories where Splinter screws up.

And hey, they answered my letter in Ninja Notes! Another "Bebop" and "Rocksteady" cameo in the future, huh? Well, now I know I'm living in The Truman Show.
DrSpengler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 06:54 PM   #29
ToTheNines
[sic]

Wow! Too amazing. I thought #21 was awful, but this kicked the book right back into gear.

I love Mateus-san's art in the ongoing even more than I did in the Foot Mini. A little less stylized. And boy, ain't Ronda and him great together?

The story was awesome though... very intense. I can tell this is going to be great arc.

Only problem with it was Mikey being a chicken sh*t about Slash coming back. First of all, I hate when Mike is portrayed like that. Also, don't they all think Slash is dead?

Anyways, this was just great and I don't know if I've ever been more excited for this book. The Shredder/Casey thing literally made me say "what the fu*k". MS is killing it. The micros rock. Thank you IDW.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 07:26 PM   #30
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Just remembered...all the artist thus far have a hand in #23? How will that work out? Flashbacks?
Old 05-29-2013, 07:31 PM   #31
Redeemer
Technodrome Technician

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToTheNines View Post
The Shredder/Casey thing literally made me say "what the fu*k". MS is killing it. The micros rock. Thank you IDW.
I about crapped myself when I saw that panal!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
This is definately one of the best issues of the series!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
THis totally makes up for issue 21,
Good job IDW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Redeemer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 07:44 PM   #32
Martin
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeandRaph87 View Post
Just remembered...all the artist thus far have a hand in #23? How will that work out? Flashbacks?
*WARNING* Wild speculation ahead, proceed with caution:
Spoiler:
For some reason I'm lead to believe that it might have something to do with Kitsune brainwashing Leo. I picture her either going through his memories, plucking them out one by one, or maybe she'll make him focus on the different conflicts he had with his brothers, planting hate seeds all over the place (all of this would be done via flashbacks). She might even go as far as pointing out, in a really subversive way, that the one responsible their mother's death was Splinter. I remember a moment in Leo's micro where he remembered his mother's demise and he just lost it. I've been waiting for this to pop up for a while now and this might just be it.
Martin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 07:48 PM   #33
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martinf View Post
Spoiler:
For some reason I'm lead to believe that it might have something to do with Kitsune brainwashing Leo. I picture her either going through his memories, plucking them out one by one, or maybe she'll make him focus on the different conflicts he had with his brothers, planting hate seeds all over the place (all of this would be done via flashbacks). She might even go as far as pointing out, in a really subversive way, that the one responsible their mother's death was Splinter. I remember a moment in Leo's micro where he remembered his mother's demise and he just lost it. I've been waiting for this to pop up for a while now and this might just be it.
Old 05-29-2013, 08:00 PM   #34
Matches Malone
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrSpengler View Post
[url=http://tmntentity.blogspot.com/2013/05/tmnt-idw-22.html]
What gets me about the issue is that there's basically one conflict
I just realized that this is the first issue of the ongoing without jumping between perspectives and narratives. #21 was almost, but then it jumps to the Shredder at the end. Just thought that was interesting and am wondering if the rest of the arc will follow suit.

Quote:
Spoiler:
That's a pretty good theory, I think you might be on to something there.
Old 05-29-2013, 08:03 PM   #35
corvus
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
I was thinking she could also put the idea that his family valued Caseys' life over his own.
Old 05-29-2013, 08:41 PM   #36
ToxicRevolution
Thug

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToTheNines View Post
Only problem with it was Mikey being a chicken sh*t about Slash coming back. First of all, I hate when Mike is portrayed like that. Also, don't they all think Slash is dead?
Hmm, I didn't interpret that scene as Michelangelo being afraid that Slash was coming back, I thought he was excited since they were all pretty upset at his apparent death. I could be wrong, but none of the turtles has ever shown fear when faced with a fight and towards the end of the Slash run they started to see him as sort of a tragic, misguided relative.

Anyway, it was a great issue. Got my hands on the A, B, and RIA covers. Already can't wait for the next issue!
ToxicRevolution is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 09:14 PM   #37
oldmanwinters
Overlord

Maybe the best issue yet!
(in the ongoing series, anyway)

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 10:45 PM   #38
Redeemer
Technodrome Technician

Quote:
Spoiler:
damn't this is what I thought I put in my last post apparently not, I think someone brainwashed me and stole my idea
But this was my first thought as well when I saw
Spoiler:
Kitsune and Leo just get knocked the hell out
Redeemer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 06:28 AM   #39
Cipher
Foot Elite

Really enjoyed this issue. See me in six months for thoughts on the arc as a whole.
Cipher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 06:34 AM   #40
Weapons@theready
Hench Mutant

One more thing, I loved the irony in Karai's line "Foolishly loyal unto death"
Weapons@theready is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
city fall, comic discussion, tom waltz