The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Old 03-21-2018, 09:06 PM   #21
ChosenOne
Banned

Maybe "Incoming" is for "All of the above"!
ChosenOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2018, 11:54 PM   #22
Mutant Ninja Anole
Stone Warrior

She’s calling Maligna.

And the Triceratrons.

And a dozen other invading alien species.

When they all show up she’ll hop in a space ship and high tail it with all the space dollars.

Null: It was all an intergalactic real estate scam.
Old 03-22-2018, 05:45 AM   #23
Technogeek29
Mad Scientist

Aliens destroy half the planet Null gets everyone to pay her to not only solve the problem, but pay her to rebuild. Profit/control the world.
Old 03-22-2018, 08:49 AM   #24
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Krisa's loyalties felt way too plot driven, but I suppose it's a sacrifice that had to be made to accommodate a 2-issue story arc.

Really glad to see Null's story getting advanced.

And no, I don't think she's working for the Triceratons. They didn't even know about Earth until King Zenter told them.
Old 03-22-2018, 09:14 AM   #25
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
Krisa's loyalties felt way too plot driven, but I suppose it's a sacrifice that had to be made to accommodate a 2-issue story arc.

Really glad to see Null's story getting advanced.

And no, I don't think she's working for the Triceratons. They didn't even know about Earth until King Zenter told them.
It very well could be Malinga like in the Archie Comics. Its just odd having two consecutive invaders.
Old 03-22-2018, 09:30 AM   #26
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeandRaph87 View Post
It very well could be Malinga like in the Archie Comics. Its just odd having two consecutive invaders.
Eh, I guess. But who's to say the Malignoid swarm makes it to Earth in the first place?

Maybe the Turtles, Utroms, and Triceratons stop the swarm before it gets to Earth, say at the moon or something. Or as far out as Dimension X.

It is interesting to see what this means for Null. Originally we assumed she was just an evil corporate villain building her empire off cheap no-rights-mutant slave labor. And now she's a front for an alien invasion with an as-of-yet unidentified alien backer?

Hmmm.
Old 03-22-2018, 09:32 AM   #27
ChosenOne
Banned

Well, at least there's precedent for a Null/Maligna alliance, they had a deal going on in Archie too. Hopefully this means we get to see IDW Scull and Bean!
Old 03-22-2018, 02:10 PM   #28
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

That being said...it does make perfect sense for Null to be allied with the Malignoids.

Except for the fact that they probably stick around the territory they've invaded after eliminating the native life, leaving nothing Null would want or need for her mutants.

But, it would be interesting for the turtles to have to not be enemies with Ch'rell for a day, especially with the level of antagonism he'd have against them.
Old 03-22-2018, 02:17 PM   #29
ChosenOne
Banned

Hell yeah, I live for the day when we get an arc where the Turtles have to team up with one or more of their enemy factions to save the world! And I mean a legit team up, no tricks or double crosses. I used to think the Triceratons would be it, but they're too sympathetic.

And they now have Earth as their home too... Hmm...
Old 03-22-2018, 02:44 PM   #30
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

Yeah, the Turtles were pretty much on the Triceratons side from the word "go".

The EPF would probably be involved in a Malignoid invasion too, but probably independently.

Otherwise, invasion would probably force the Utroms and Triceratons to make nice and unite again, but on more equal terms than the first time.
Old 03-24-2018, 02:30 PM   #31
DrSpengler
Foot Elite

Here's my full summary and review of TMNT Universe #20 at TMNT Entity.

Gotta say, I dug this two-parter much more than I anticipated I would. It was light on plot and the Null arc is still progressing at a snail's pace in molasses, but it was excellent for its depictions of Alopex and her dynamic with Raph.

Alopex hasn't been... the best character in the IDW canon and her personality and characterization have been all over the place for years. Her "romance" with Raph has been pretty underdeveloped, too. Flynn handled her very well, striking a nice balance between her completely polarizing previous appearances, and her duo with Raph was played more like their being really close friends, which I think sells the idea that like each other MUCH better than having the characters turn and tell the audience that they like each other.

Good stuff (but I really think that back-up was an unused script from Amazing Adventures).
DrSpengler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2018, 03:45 PM   #32
CyberCubed
Overlord

Yeah, Null sold the Earth to Maligna in the Archie series and given she was just recently introduced in this series it wouldn't be surprised to see the two of them team up again. Team up the two Archie-exclusive villains again.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2018, 09:53 AM   #33
funatic
Mad Scientist

Has it still not been revealed what Null's origin is? Or did I space it? Any theories out there? I've admittedly also forgotten the origin of Archie's Null as well.
funatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2018, 10:14 AM   #34
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by funatic View Post
Has it still not been revealed what Null's origin is? Or did I space it? Any theories out there? I've admittedly also forgotten the origin of Archie's Null as well.
Archie Null was the devil, plain and simple.

IDW Null is an intergalactic businesswoman... or mercenary... but she has admitted that's intergalactic. That's about all we know for sure.
Old 03-28-2018, 10:21 AM   #35
TurtleWA
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
IDW Null is an intergalactic businesswoman... or mercenary... but she has admitted that's intergalactic. That's about all we know for sure.
It would be cool to find out if IDW’s Null has always had the same appearance or if she was once more human looking. And it will also be interesting to see if her appearance changes as the series progresses. I think Archie Null ended up changing more in looks.
TurtleWA is offline   Reply With Quote