The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Everything Else

Notices

Old 10-15-2013, 12:20 PM   #1061
Leo656
The Franchise

Amen to that.

People who don't put their weights away. Seriously, a gym is a communal area, not your personal f*cking toybox. If you're strong enough to pick up a bunch of weight plates and leave them all over the machines and the floor, you can damn well put them back.

At my gym, we have people sign an agreement stating they accept that as part of the rules. AND we post signs *everywhere*. And yet, how do you think some f*ckers react when they get a $20 fine for blatantly breaking the rules?

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 12:48 PM   #1062
The Stryker
Stupid Rich

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
I don't have a lot of patience. My parents didn't have a lot of patience. My father, in particular, was a man of few words and cut right to the point. If something you say or do is stupid or flat-out retarded, I am GOING to say you're being stupid or retarded. If you act like a spoiled brat, I'm going to call you a spoiled brat. And if, like tonight, you've let the house turn to complete sh*t just because you "haven't felt like" cleaning it, despite several polite reminders, I'm going to call it like it is and say you're both "lazy" and "an embarrassment". So now I'm an assh*le again, for telling the f*cking truth. F*ck her and her f*cking feelings.
Whoa what?

If it bothered you that much that you would yell and call her names over it, why didn't YOU clean the house?

And you seriously wonder why your relationship is falling apart? "F*ck her and her feelings" I'm sure that's a stellar way to think about a person you 'love'.
Admitting you're wrong and not perfect is a two way street.

@~<3 Mom~@
The Stryker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 01:33 PM   #1063
Leo656
The Franchise

Oh believe me, if it were up to me I would. Every offer to do so is met with "NO, damn it I'LL do it when I'm ready." I'm not "allowed" to touch her mess. Somewhere in The Pile is allegedly one or two documents that would destroy all mankind if they were accidentally thrown out. That's part of the fight; I'd just as soon chuck the whole pile in a dumpster, or at the very least try and mutually go through it. But no, it's "on her time" which never, ever comes, and that's why I'm fed up with it. It's just one of several things.

As far as me being inconsiderate goes, I admit it. I'll also remind you that repeating the same things for years makes a person lose patience. Sometimes it's more like a parent trying to raise an unruly child. How many times does a parent, in the same day or even the same hour, go from politely asking for something to be done, to impatiently reminding, to flat-out yelling? Always. Because WHY should someone, child or adult, have to be asked more than ONCE to do something simple like put a dish in the sink or take out the garbage? Because here's the thing: Unlike her, I work for a living, 7 days a week, often until midnight or so, and in addition to all that I'm expected to cook every meal and keep the house clean on top of that. Why, exactly, when all she's responsible for is staying home and occasionally giving me a ride to work? Most of our friends think it's downright insulting that not only will she never offer to help by cooking or cleaning, she'll refuse when asked. So sometimes I get mad about it. I don't know anyone who wouldn't. I'm a strictly reactionary type of person. I *will* get very angry sometimes, but nowadays it takes a lot, over a long time, to get me there. I've worked *very* hard at being different than when I was younger.

If I'm inconsiderate with her feelings, which I absolutely can be at times, it's because years and years of repeating the same things and having the same arguments is TIRED, and I'm allowed to be out of patience. I also apologize once things have calmed down, which she never does, and frankly, words are just words and getting angry with someone because they yelled at you for being needlessly obstinate and disagreeable is childish. One thing men have all over women is the ability to let an argument go and move one. For me, no matter how bad things get, by the next day things should be forgotten. Women always bring up something you said five years ago just to stay mad until they get their way. It's silly. And yes, that's a generalization and not true for everyone, but it does seem to be a recurring theme that men are less willing to dwell on the past, at least the negative stuff.

Hell, I've had *bosses* scream at me and call me names. It's not a big deal. I was taught that if people are coming down on you THAT harshly, it's up to YOU to figure out what you did wrong and fix it, not cry that "everyone's a big meanie". And if someone does something blatantly stupid, you're allowed to say so or they'll never learn. I don't sugar-coat things for people, especially grown-ups, and I don't have patience for excuses. I know *I'm* not perfect, but I *try* to do better. I have zero sympathy for anyone who'd rather pout and make excuses rather than fix a simple problem. Especially when the entire reason why they don't is, "I don't like people telling me what to do."

Seriously, live with someone for 14 years or so before you try and judge, m'kay? Anyone else in my life would tell you, I'm insanely mellow. Which is what I point out to her: that I'm easy to get along with, most people go out of their way NOT to talk to or deal with her, not because they don't like her but because she acts like a punk sometimes. That's not trying to put her down, it's me trying to explain to her that maybe *she's* the one who needs to consider other people's feelings, and that maybe I and everyone else *would* be a little nicer to her if she was willing to change her behavior and her attitude just a little bit. It'd be easy enough to do, and that's part of why it's so frustrating. It's not that she has some overwhelming thing wrong with her, she's just stubborn and selfish and acts like the whole world treats her rotten, when in fact her life is pathetically simple and easy. Her idea of "mistreatment" is when I or her parents yell at her for being bratty, and I'm sorry, when the people who deal with you the most insist you have an attitude problem, you have an attitude problem.

I guess it's most frustrating that she's just a small step away from being the person I want her to be, and that ultimately the one she wants to be, too, but she's hung up on the whole "nobody tells me what to do" thing and it's preventing her growth as a human being. There's more to all of it, and I get why what I said seems entirely dickish, but really, it's hard to judge unless you've been there. I also made the mistake of being online trying to ignore her *while* we were arguing, so I vented more than I probably should have about it. So today I tried to move the thread in a different direction, and hopefully someone else will move things back in another direction.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 01:58 PM   #1064
blindturtle02
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by BubblyShell22 View Post
Yeah, I hear you about politics. I hate them and really want nothing to do with them because it's all a big waste of time when they only care about themselves. I've heard of Rick Perry, and I don't like him at all because he tried to run for President, and his ads were just so grating to me. I think he's supposed to retire though, isn't he?

Sorry about your family doing that to you, Headbands. So not cool.

I'm ranting about family, too, namely my dad and how he just doesn't know what he's doing. Plus he bought a house to rent out behind my mom's and my back and lied to me about saying he'd tell them no when he already signed the deal. Gah, he just ticks me off with what he does. Such a jerk. But what can you expect from an alcoholic?
Oo, Perry is retiring? I hadn't heard that but yay! I hope so. And as for alcoholics, I've got one on my mom's side of the fam-- an aunt, and my fiancé's uncle is also one. So we def know all about those types of jerks. I hope things get better on your end. My fiancé's dad is having to take care of this uncle who is on her mom's side. Her mom passed away about a year ago so Bec's dad is doing this out of charity but I think he's about ready to contact his wife's fam and say,"Hey, he's your blood so you're going to have to pitch in." Alcies seriously love using the heck out of nice people. I think there comes a time when you've just got to let them help themselves.
Old 10-15-2013, 02:44 PM   #1065
snake
Disgusting

I hate when your taking a dump and the poop hits the water so hard that it splashes up.
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 03:59 PM   #1066
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy

Getting one side of a story. I'm a firm believer in hearing both sides of an argument and looking for the truth that's usually somewhere in the middle.

It's why I was a terrible debtor in speech class. The other person would state their opinion, and I'd think to myself, "Well that sounds reasonable..."

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 05:00 PM   #1067
AT-Man
I SEEN IT

Quote:
Originally Posted by snakeweed101 View Post
I hate when your taking a dump and the poop hits the water so hard that it splashes up.
I've got a solution for your problem. Just send me 399,99$ in my paypal account and I'll mail you the genius device that prevents the water from splashing.

Through the Golden Door
AT-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 02:26 AM   #1068
Luke795
Hench Mutant

When people use Internet Lingo and I don't know what they are saying.
Luke795 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 12:36 PM   #1069
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic

Quote:
Originally Posted by blindturtle02 View Post
Oo, Perry is retiring? I hadn't heard that but yay! I hope so. And as for alcoholics, I've got one on my mom's side of the fam-- an aunt, and my fiancé's uncle is also one. So we def know all about those types of jerks. I hope things get better on your end. My fiancé's dad is having to take care of this uncle who is on her mom's side. Her mom passed away about a year ago so Bec's dad is doing this out of charity but I think he's about ready to contact his wife's fam and say,"Hey, he's your blood so you're going to have to pitch in." Alcies seriously love using the heck out of nice people. I think there comes a time when you've just got to let them help themselves.
Yeah, I heard that a while ago that after his next term as governor he was done or something, but I don't know if that's changed. All I know is, I don't like him and never have. Then again, our former governor Mitch Daniels was no better with his stint on education. And then after he left being governor, they ended up making him president of Purdue University. How's that for a dumb decision. I got an e-mail for the Purdue Alumi Association (I didn't graduate from the main campus, but I did graduate at a Purdue campus north of there) saying that I had a chance to meet the guy, but I would never do that in my life with the way he screwed the education system.

I feel you about the alcoholic thing. Thing is, you can't change them, so there's nothing you can really do. They have to want to change themselves, and if they don't, then that's that. Sucks, but that's the way it is.

"Embrace your inner a**holiness."-Mr. Anderson.
BubblyShell22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 02:32 AM   #1070
Powder
So tired of this place

Folks who ramble on about the idiocy of others when they themselves can't even form a proper sentence.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 07:32 AM   #1071
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic

People who use chatspeak not only when they talk but in their fan fiction as well. I don't mind if there's an actual chat conversation in said fic, but if there isn't, that just grates on my nerves.

Old 10-20-2013, 07:33 AM   #1072
ObiWanFan4life
Mad Scientist

When people hate on a movie,game,etc without giving legitimate reasons to do so.
Old 10-20-2013, 07:58 AM   #1073
Whatswiththeheadbands?
The Weed of Crime

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObiWanFan4life View Post
When people hate on a movie,game,etc without giving legitimate reasons to do so.
Oh man that REALLY aggravates me. My brother doesn't like the legend of Zelda. I ask him why not. He says 'Cause it's rubbish'. I then ask him 'Why'. And all he can say is 'I don't need a reason alright, can't you just accept i don't like Zelda?'

Errr, no i can't

Last edited by Whatswiththeheadbands?; 10-22-2013 at 02:04 PM.
Whatswiththeheadbands? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 08:02 AM   #1074
blindturtle02
Foot Elite

Yeah, that does suck. Or they'll hate something because they say everyone else does. That's one of the reasons I don't like reading movie reviews online before I go see something. I mean, if it sucks, I want to find out why or why not I think it does and have a pretty good reason for either/or. Goes for games too. And for the record, Zelda's awesome.
Old 10-20-2013, 08:12 AM   #1075
ObiWanFan4life
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Yeah, that does suck. Or they'll hate something because they say everyone else does. That's one of the reasons I don't like reading movie reviews online before I go see something. I mean, if it sucks, I want to find out why or why not I think it does and have a pretty good reason for either/or. Goes for games too. And for the record, Zelda's awesome.
Or how about when Friedberg/Seltzer "spoofs" make money at the box office. Now THAT pisses me off. Fortunately, The Starving Games gets a limited release and will lose to Thor: The Dark World at the box office. Yes!
Old 10-22-2013, 12:54 PM   #1076
blindturtle02
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObiWanFan4life View Post
Or how about when Friedberg/Seltzer "spoofs" make money at the box office. Now THAT pisses me off. Fortunately, The Starving Games gets a limited release and will lose to Thor: The Dark World at the box office. Yes!
Aaah! These guys! So they're the ones who created Scary Movie. Seriously? The Starving Games? I can't believe this stuff still sells. It's something you'd expect to see people spoofing on youtube. I can't imagine paying money to see this stuff in the theater.
Old 10-22-2013, 01:51 PM   #1077
Whatswiththeheadbands?
The Weed of Crime

Quote:
Aaah! These guys! So they're the ones who created Scary Movie. Seriously? The Starving Games? I can't believe this stuff still sells. It's something you'd expect to see people spoofing on youtube. I can't imagine paying money to see this stuff in the theater.
When he said the starving games, i thought he was just having a play on words of the name 'The Hunger Games'
Old 10-22-2013, 03:18 PM   #1078
blindturtle02
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by whatswiththeheadbands? View Post
When he said the starving games, i thought he was just having a play on words of the name 'The Hunger Games'
So did I! I had to look up the film and yep, it's real alright. I mean if people are into that kinda thing, that's cool I guess. But I would never pay to watch a spoof. haha Now if the guys from Mystery Science Theater/Rifftrax were doing a live riffing of some really bad movie, I'd pay to see that. But not another parody. I got suckered into going to see Scary Movie II I think. I can't really remember which one it was. Simon Cowell made a cameo and that's about all I recall. I was told we were going to see The Two Towers. But the guy decided to goof around in a Walmart and everyone opted for Scary Movie because we arrived too late. I just remember being mad during the whole film and wanting to see LOTR. I honestly think some youtube parodies out there are allot funnier than Seltzer's and Friedberg's movies and they're free to watch.
Old 10-24-2013, 03:42 PM   #1079
blindturtle02
Foot Elite

This one will probably make you laugh

You know how certain networks love to show 2 hour season premiers or finales? I hate it when certain DVD producers don't split the episodes up into individual parts upon release. I know I know, it sounds really OCD but it really bugs me haha! Don't ask me why because I don't know myself. I really like recaps for some reason. One of my fav shows is Supernatural. I think it's an awesome series for one thing. You can't beat good ol boys hunting monsters and demons. But they have some terrific recaps as well. If any of these were excluded from the DVD releases, I think I'd cry! An example would be... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tSiB0YKbL9Y Yeah, multi part episodes and recaps are cool. DVD producers who don't give you the option to watch an episode in separate parts as well as it's original edited together airing are uncool. Pretty weird gear grinder, huh?
Old 10-24-2013, 04:21 PM   #1080
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic

Nah, not really.

My gear grinder: The constantly changing weather. We had snow today, but luckily it didn't stick to the ground. Doesn't help my sinuses though when we get stuff like that as I get a lot of pain in my head when snow hits.