The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Old 02-13-2014, 10:42 AM   #21
Bossa Nova
Stone Warrior

I'm so relieved those are fake. Even if it was real all it does is prove April just likes to tease Don in the worst way possible and would make me like her even less than I already do.

I've been "over" this pairing since it began because I just plain don't like it. As a Don fan, I've never found him in "need" of more character or personality, and adding in this whole crush has really thrown off the entire concept of his character for me. Plus, the fact that it's been dragged out for so long is REALLY annoying and I'd like for it to just come to an end so Don can focus on more important things and every scene involving April might actually include one of the other turtles instead of just him.
Old 02-13-2014, 11:12 AM   #22
BabyTurtles
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by jth View Post
I can see your thought there, but there's a point to what's being done with Donnie, the point is he's trying to be as obvious to her as possible that he likes her without telling her straight out. Because from what we are to believe, with everything that has happened to April, telling April he had feelings for her now during everything that has happened to her is Donnie feeling like he is taking advantage of her when she's most vulnerable, and since the show started there's been one thing that makes that stand out and keeps him from telling her, whether it was April's dad being kidnapped, mutated, or now April finding out she's not human.

Casey doesn't have those issues because he doesn't know any of those things, so he's able to just swoop in and April can't hold that against him. Donnie on the other hand knows all of that stuff and is responsible for almost all that stuff, including breaking the news she's not human.

That's just been my mindset on this and why I get why this is done this way, because if April is down and upset about all this. If Donnie did tell her, he a way, he is taking advantage of a terrible situation, which you and I know he would never want to do.

Sorry it's so long, I thought I could explain a little more brief.
it's fine.

but he's been creepy waaaay before this season.

If Donnie was just a little more subtle like in 2003 maybe shy...and dorky

then I wouldn't mind Apriltello that much.

but it just looks like Donnie is taking any opportunity he can get
and it looks like April is just leading him on.

and that doesn't seem right to me.

April and Casey seem like they are just being themselves around each other and I think that's more appealing.
Old 02-13-2014, 11:30 AM   #23
Aaronardo
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerClaw View Post
I noticed how Donnie tries to get closer to her, as if he is trying to put his arms around her in the elevator. hah

http://31.media.tumblr.com/c4cbb83ed...nuq2o1_250.gif
Haha! I thought I was seeing things when I saw that, but I guess I'm not the only one.

Bestiality shouldn't be a problem, guys. We're talking about a cartoon. It's not supposed to be realistic. And, have we forgotten Crisler's Law? But seriously, this would actually be welcome in my eyes. I'm a little sick of Donnie showing off and being a little creepy towards April. Whether he or Casey get her, it's alright with me. Just no more creeptastic stuff, alright?
"The Biosites have almost finished healing my flesh." - Shredder
"Because we're takin' the heart and you're goin' to jail!" - Donatello
Aaronardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 11:36 AM   #24
T-U-R-T-L-E POWA!
Stone Warrior

I really hope this doesn't happen. It's just..... weird.... Even though April technically isn't a human all the way she still LOOKS like a human and to think that she would have a relationship with an anthromorphic turtle is just....just odd.... Maybe I'm just thinking of the show a little TOO realistically or something.
Old 02-13-2014, 11:38 AM   #25
JTH
"ME"

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-U-R-T-L-E POWA! View Post
I really hope this doesn't happen. It's just..... weird.... Even though April technically isn't a human all the way she still LOOKS like a human and to think that she would have a relationship with an anthromorphic turtle is just....just odd.... Maybe I'm just thinking of the show a little TOO realistically or something.
As opposed to having a April/Casey connection now and getting a Superman vibe of Human/Alien action right?
JTH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 11:40 AM   #26
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Quote:
As opposed to having a April/Casey connection now and getting a Superman vibe of Human/Alien action right?
Well, If April and Casey hook up, There union is what created Cody Jones in that TMNT: Fast Forward series.
Old 02-13-2014, 11:43 AM   #27
T-U-R-T-L-E POWA!
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Yeah but I don't mind aliens that LOOK like humans being with humans! LOL! I just don't want aliens that look like humans being with TURTLES that look like ninjas! HA!
Old 02-13-2014, 12:09 PM   #28
The Cheese Phone
Thug

wouldn't that be considered beastiality?
The Cheese Phone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 12:20 PM   #29
DarkLightDragon
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Suit Raph View Post

No. Bestiality is just a fancy term people use to describe their dislike for an interspecies romance without knowing what it actually means. Without delving into details on what it's about, let's just say it involves a human being and a non-sapient animal.

That's all I'll be telling you...
DarkLightDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 12:27 PM   #30
BabyTurtles
Foot Elite

okay here's what Ciro said about the storyboards.

Old 02-13-2014, 12:28 PM   #31
JTH
"ME"

Sean Connery's opinion on Bestiality

"Well your mother was a big old beast last night..."
JTH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 12:34 PM   #32
DarkLightDragon
Mad Scientist

^Haha

I'll admit that was funny.

But yeah, apologies for my mini-tangent, don't want to get off-topic especially for something like this so...

Kinda glad this one was fake more than the other one. Just another scene of April leading Don on with another kiss. Also slightly amused and confuzzled by the image of April of all people chopping wood. Makes no sense, to me at least.
Old 02-13-2014, 01:40 PM   #33
Ursalink
Foot Soldier

These storyboards seem too worked out to be fake. Besides, the producers, writers and other tv guys usually lie about spoilers to make them more impacting. So I'm going to stay with the benefict of the doubt.
Ursalink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 01:43 PM   #34
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Suit Raph View Post
No. And it's spelled bestiality not "beastiality"

Anyway, bestiality is rape against animals. The proper term is Zoophilia, which is... "consensual bestiality". And that's just about "cross-species sexual activity between human and non-human animals", Donnie isn't a non-human animal. He might have been a regular petstore red-eared slider at one point, but in mutated form he is a intellectual humanoid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BabyTurtles View Post
okay here's what Ciro said about the storyboards.

http://i615.photobucket.com/albums/t...ps47fdad06.png
I love his "Oh crap" response Oh no, Tumblr at it again!
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 01:45 PM   #35
Ursalink
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkLightDragon View Post
^Haha

I'll admit that was funny.

But yeah, apologies for my mini-tangent, don't want to get off-topic especially for something like this so...

Kinda glad this one was fake more than the other one. Just another scene of April leading Don on with another kiss. Also slightly amused and confuzzled by the image of April of all people chopping wood. Makes no sense, to me at least.
Excuse me? After seeing her killing her own clones in the last episode and some time training with Master Splinter, don't you think April must have learnt that she needs to increase her physical strength? After all, she's chased by evil aliens, ninja robots and viciouses mutants. She needs some strength.
Ursalink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 01:59 PM   #36
DarkLightDragon
Mad Scientist

That's what I get from not watching the episode, then.
Old 02-13-2014, 02:15 PM   #37
blindturtle02
Foot Elite

Did someone mention April chopping wood? Why am I thinking of her singing this old Paul Bunyan song from some Disney cartoon in a basso profundo while doing it? haha
Old 02-13-2014, 03:05 PM   #38
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic

Well, if they are fake, that person is one damn good artist and can really make storyboards. And although I don't want to doubt Ciro on this, he could be misleading people and saying that they're fake to throw us off. These may be the initial storyboards for those scenes, but things could have been changed around. Either way, I don't care because those storyboards are pretty damn good, and I commend whoever drew them.

"Embrace your inner a**holiness."-Mr. Anderson.
BubblyShell22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 06:15 PM   #39
Refractive Reflections
Mad Scientist

Quote:
I've stated that I'm fine with all the Donnie/April stuff that's happened in the show because it's given Donatello more character development than in nearly every other show combined and it helped April's character along too.

But I've got to ask this to all the people on here that have had an issue with this D/A relationship and are "tired" of it or "over it", because I am curious on what people's actual takes are.

If this is true and this is what the show is actually going to do, what is the issue that the critics of this Donnie/April relationship arc have? Because I didn't see nearly the amount of people slamming this way back when back when the show started as I do now. Is it the arc itself you have a problem with, or is it the stalling out period they've done that you have a problem with?

Because being "tired of it" or "over it" means to me that most people didn't have an issue with it at first. So who here don't like the arc just hate the arc itself, or rather just want them to just put it out there that they both know about each other and finally have the answer, and then go from there and what happens, happens?

Just curious.
First of all, thank goodness this pairing is confirmed fake. Well at least for now that is...

The reason I don't like the April/Donatello shipping is not because of the romance itself, it's because this show has mishandled character development especially with April, Karai, Mikey, and Donnie; plus, the selective subplot/arc amnesia trend this show has, detriments it even further.

If I say... Nick Donnie, what's the first thing that pops in your mind? Probably the crush on April.
If I say... Nick April, what's the first thing that pops in your mind? A teen girl who's life we barely know about outside of the Turtles, that has a lot of Mary Sue traits.

If this crush wasn't always in the forefront of almost every scene whenever April and Donnie are together, maybe I could tolerate the shipping better, but the way how Nick is approaching this relationship, it's contracting and compressing the character depth of Donatello and April by making them more or less, fanfic/fanart romance fodder. In addition, this show (and most of TMNT) is meant to highlight the drama between family and friends, not necessarily between lovers.

Pushing aside the crush aspect, I mean... how exactly are April and Donnie bonding together? What kind of close friendship do they have that would allow this crush/romance to blossom? I'd venture that Leonardo and April would have a better chance together, considering he felt comfortable enough to tell Nick April about his crush on Karai. Anyways, the crush is basically superficial infatuation that has been dragged out, over and over and over and over again... for about one and a half season's amount of episodes.

Last edited by Refractive Reflections; 02-13-2014 at 07:10 PM.
Refractive Reflections is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 06:23 PM   #40
Luckyday
Mad Scientist

I remember a while back that there use to be storyboards of Shredder holding a knockout Splinter by a building and I still have yet to see that.
We’re not unicorns!
WE’RE WOMEN AND WE TAKE WHAT WE WANT!
-Wendy Corduroy, Gravity Falls
Luckyday is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
april o'neil, donatello