The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

View Poll Results: Uh... dumb that down a notch?
The heart is a soft muscle... squish. 43 46.24%
That is so adorable, and sad. It's... sadorable. 22 23.66%
Kraang is that which is called Idiotic. 22 23.66%
Listen to the silence... find a giant pearly ball thing. :\ 2 2.15%
....did Raph fart on Don in the opening scene? 4 4.30%
Voters: 93. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-27-2013, 11:02 AM   #21
snake
Noided
 
snake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 11,704
Quote:
Originally Posted by redsai4lex View Post
Maybe since he is "The Newtralizer"

then maybe he is a "neutral" character...

just a thought.
Yeah, the neutralizer.
Maybe he is neutral.
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 11:04 AM   #22
Luckyday
Mad Scientist
 
Luckyday's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 2,244
Didn't Kandy Kappa predict that April is a female Utrom?

http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/sho...t=40715&page=6
__________________
Quote:
Its time we stop trying to be perfect and be who we really are.
Were crazed, angry, sweaty animals!
Were not unicorns!
WERE WOMEN AND WE TAKE WHAT WE WANT!
-Wendy Corduroy, Gravity Falls
Luckyday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 11:06 AM   #23
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic
 
BubblyShell22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Indiana
Posts: 16,913
Whoa. What an episode! I loved the whole thing. Donnie going solo to rescue Kirby, the Turtles fighting Newtralizer, and even April and Splinter training. Yeah, I'm guessing April is probably part Kraang herself and definitely not human. Too bad this Kirby is an imposter though. Really liked some of Mikey's lines in this one as well as Raph trying to make it up to Donnie.

Fave quotes:

Leo: Why would Donnie try and rescue April's dad on his own?
Raph: Because I told him he doesn't have a shot with April.
Leo: Why would you tell him that?
Raph: Because he doesn't have a shot with April.
Leo: Well, yeah, but you don't tell him that.
Mikey: The heart is a soft muscle, man. Squish.

Kraang: Kraang is that which is known as idiotic.

Leo and Raph: Mikey!
Mikey: Don't worry, I wore my seatbelt.

Leo: Either Donnie was here, or the owner tried to pick his own lock.
Mikey: To break into his own shop? Come on, Leo. Think on this for a second. Let's move.
Leo: *glares at Mikey*
Mikey: Oh, you already knew that. You say it.
Leo: Let's move.

Mikey: You named something without me?

Overall, an awesome episode. Definitely can't wait for the season finale on August eighth.
__________________
"A warrior who never fails, never learns."-The Ancient One.

"Embrace your inner a**holiness."-Mr. Anderson.
BubblyShell22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 11:06 AM   #24
snake
Noided
 
snake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 11,704
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luckyday View Post
Didn't Kandy Kappa predict that April is a female Utrom?

http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/sho...t=40715&page=6
I hope she isn't. I just hope she's a human with powers, possibly a mutant.
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 11:08 AM   #25
Luckyday
Mad Scientist
 
Luckyday's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 2,244
Quote:
Originally Posted by snakeweed101 View Post
I hope she isn't. I just hope she's a human with powers, possibly a mutant.

But what kind of mutant? A neutrino mutant?
__________________
Quote:
Its time we stop trying to be perfect and be who we really are.
Were crazed, angry, sweaty animals!
Were not unicorns!
WERE WOMEN AND WE TAKE WHAT WE WANT!
-Wendy Corduroy, Gravity Falls
Luckyday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 11:10 AM   #26
VaughnMichael
I'm Baaaaaaccck!
 
VaughnMichael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 11,752
ooooooo I want to speculate too!!!
What if Newtralizer is a mutated Neutrino!
VaughnMichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 11:11 AM   #27
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic
 
BubblyShell22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Indiana
Posts: 16,913
Well, the more I think about it, the more I suspect she's some sort of Kraang/human hybrid judging by the fact that she could hear the Kraang communication device. It makes sense in a way as to why the Kraang want her.
__________________
"A warrior who never fails, never learns."-The Ancient One.

"Embrace your inner a**holiness."-Mr. Anderson.
BubblyShell22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 11:15 AM   #28
Luckyday
Mad Scientist
 
Luckyday's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 2,244
Quote:
Originally Posted by BubblyShell22 View Post
Well, the more I think about it, the more I suspect she's some sort of Kraang/human hybrid judging by the fact that she could hear the Kraang communication device. It makes sense in a way as to why the Kraang want her.
But what could be so important about a Kraang/human hybrid?
__________________
Quote:
Its time we stop trying to be perfect and be who we really are.
Were crazed, angry, sweaty animals!
Were not unicorns!
WERE WOMEN AND WE TAKE WHAT WE WANT!
-Wendy Corduroy, Gravity Falls
Luckyday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 11:16 AM   #29
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic
 
BubblyShell22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Indiana
Posts: 16,913
Because she's the key to the mutagen, maybe? I don't know. It's just a guess. She's either part Kraang, or she's a Neutrino.
__________________
"A warrior who never fails, never learns."-The Ancient One.

"Embrace your inner a**holiness."-Mr. Anderson.
BubblyShell22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 11:20 AM   #30
Gin Rummy
Stone Warrior
 
Gin Rummy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Boston, Massachusetts
Posts: 648
I'm surprised that Nick allowed Newtralizer to eat and Kill the Kraang. They usually make it a point to show that the Kraang scurry off after their bodies are dropped.
__________________
Maybe, just once, someone will call me 'Sir' without adding, 'You're making a scene.'
Gin Rummy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 11:21 AM   #31
Luckyday
Mad Scientist
 
Luckyday's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 2,244
Well I know saying this will seem a bit "out there" but maybe the Neutrinos are a synthetic slave race created by the Kraang. And maybe April having part Neutrino in her is proof that are neutrinos hiding somewhere on planet earth.
__________________
Quote:
Its time we stop trying to be perfect and be who we really are.
Were crazed, angry, sweaty animals!
Were not unicorns!
WERE WOMEN AND WE TAKE WHAT WE WANT!
-Wendy Corduroy, Gravity Falls
Luckyday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 11:22 AM   #32
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic
 
BubblyShell22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Indiana
Posts: 16,913
That was one of my favorite parts.
__________________
"A warrior who never fails, never learns."-The Ancient One.

"Embrace your inner a**holiness."-Mr. Anderson.
BubblyShell22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 11:22 AM   #33
Captain PunchYouHard
Hench Mutant
 
Captain PunchYouHard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Texas
Posts: 334
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gin Rummy View Post
I'm surprised that Nick allowed Newtralizer to eat and Kill the Kraang. They usually make it a point to show that the Kraang scurry off after their bodies are dropped.
Me too. Maybe this is supposed to be a clue that the Newtralizer is extra-hardcore, or something.
__________________

(GIF by Martinf)
Captain PunchYouHard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 11:23 AM   #34
JTH
"ME"
 
JTH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 1,660
Or maybe she has Kraang Technology implanted within her to keep something vital from them and that the Kraang need to take over Earth.

Cool side note *If it's the case*: Cybernetic implants resulting in hearing communication
Spoiler:
Captain Picard with The Borg (More STAR TREK)
JTH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 11:23 AM   #35
drgon78
Mad Scientist
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 1,467
Great episode

Wish the Neutralizer talked but we have to wait till next time.

Kirby is not the real Kirby or he is brainwashed.

Though I hope April is not an Android or a Krang.

I like the theory that the Neutralizer attacked them because of Kirby being a fake/krang side.

Loved that Raph was actually trying to make it up to Donnie at the end of the episode.

Mikey being mad at Donnie for naming something was funny.

I liked those lines about the heart and sadorable.
drgon78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 11:25 AM   #36
Zany Orange Dude
The Little Nerdy Teacher
 
Zany Orange Dude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: At my desk reading comics and writing lesson plans
Posts: 2,277
What a terrific episode! Seriously loved it!
__________________
Zany Orange Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 11:25 AM   #37
WhitefinDolphin
Foot Soldier
 
WhitefinDolphin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by BubblyShell22 View Post
Because she's the key to the mutagen, maybe? I don't know. It's just a guess. She's either part Kraang, or she's a Neutrino.
Maybe April's the key answer to stabilizing the Mutagen with earth-life?
WhitefinDolphin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 11:31 AM   #38
drgon78
Mad Scientist
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 1,467
I hope April is...
A half alien half human hybrid.
A Mutant that looks human.
A Human with special powers.

I hope April is not...
An Android/artificial being.
A Krang that was mutated into a human.
Part Krang.
A Drawing.
drgon78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 12:15 PM   #39
Donatello19
Merchandise Maniac
 
Donatello19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: New York
Posts: 5,906
This was a really great Donnie episode, and one of the best overall episodes in a while! Raph was really mean to Donnie in the beginning, and I loved how Leo and Mikey understand that Donnie doesn't have a chance with April, but don't say anything about it to him like Raph did. I felt really bad for Donnie at the beginning because of what Raph said, but I think it was really cute what Raph did for him in the end Why did Donnie get so worked up over a hug? He's hugged April a few times in the series before this and never fainted Anyway, let's get to my thoughts about the main plot:

Newtrailzer: I don't understand what the hype about him is. He just looks like another freak of the week to me, and the fact that he can't even talk and is just a mindless beast doesn't help matters either. Although him eating the Kraang was very cool, I'm surprised they got away with that. I would like to see why the Newt was attacking the turtles and Kirby though...the fact that he was just trying to kill everyone in sight, including the Kraang, just makes me see him more as a mindless beast.

April: April hearing that noise to the Kraang device was very weird...I assume they'll use that device in the finale somehow. I liked how Splinter was surprised that she could hear something he couldn't, and she said it might be why the Kraang are after her. I'm very curious about April...I like that she's unique and has mysterious powers, but I don't want her to be like a full on alien, you know? As long as she's PART human, which I think she is, then it will be fine with me. I'm happy she's back with her father, which is my next topic...

Kirby: Kirby is obviously not Kirby...if that makes any sense. I knew from the start with his weird way of speaking and calm nature when Donnie saved him that something was up. And that look of hatred after he hugged his daughter...very weird. MY guess is that it's either a brain washed Kirby or a robot in disguise (no transformer reference intended)...it's obviously not the real Kirby for the Kraang to WANT the turtles to save him..after all they said it was going just as planned after Donnie got him out of the cell.

Shredder: I'm very excited that Shredder and the foot are now working directly with the Kraang...but my only question is where the heck is Karai, Dogpound and Fishface? We haven't heard from them in a while and it's weird to see Shredder and the Foot without their top soldiers with them.

Mikey moments: I was happy to see Mikey pick up the Kraang to scan it's eyes (I thought he would finally do something productive) but no, of course not Atleast we saw him do some damage with those parked cars! And no, don't say he meant to do that

All in all this was a great episode, and I will be watching it again for sure. Now to just wait for the finale, which I can't wait for! BOOYAKASHA!
Donatello19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 12:19 PM   #40
redsai4lex
Stone Warrior
 
redsai4lex's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: by the TMNT's side
Posts: 546
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gin Rummy View Post
I'm surprised that Nick allowed Newtralizer to eat and Kill the Kraang. They usually make it a point to show that the Kraang scurry off after their bodies are dropped.
They had Leatherhead eat some Kraang, but they didn't physically show it like they did with Newtralizer.
__________________
redsai4lex is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:39 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.