The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Video Games

Notices

Old 08-09-2018, 03:05 AM   #81
Ninjinister
無問題

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shark_Blade View Post
So stil no Waluigi huh?

That “Everyone is here!” slogan sounds so ironic lol.
Well I mean that's just to refer to everyone who'd been playable in previous games. Obviously they couldn't mean everyone in video games of all time, or even everyone in an Nintendo game.

Although Waluigi is another one who has been oft-requested, like Bomberman he's been shown to be relegated to be an Assist Trophy.
Old 08-09-2018, 11:24 PM   #82
PApagreg
Mad Scientist

Kinda disappointed that Zero is an assist trophy but Im happy the Castlevania people are getting some love
PApagreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2018, 02:44 PM   #83
sdp
-

Even though it still feels like an expansion pack of the Wii U version it's at least looking to be a significant expansion, I'm pretty hyped and don't feel at all like I'm double dipping like I did with Mario Kart 8 DX. Even if it were released as it is now and i'm guessing they're still saving a big surprise or two as well.

I've realized the only character I'd love to have that isn't in is Captain N himself but he has never been in a game, was an american creation, not many people want him so It's basically impossible.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2018, 01:50 PM   #84
Spike Spiegel
See You Next Mission

feelsgoodman.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryomancer View Post
Mirage [is]...a comic about life and how life and the people closest to you just absolutely suck sometimes. It's "adult" in a very real sense, in that it deals with heavy themes that resonate more with adults, not that it's full of blood and titties or whatever.
Quote:
Originally Posted by d_osborn View Post
[TMNT 1990 director Steve] Barron recognized the early Mirage issues as perfect storyboards. It's a shame no other filmmaker has.
Spike Spiegel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2018, 08:06 PM   #85
Allio
Foot Elite

Almost Guranteed Leak

So a leak happened yesterday and so far everyone is causing an uproar about either confirming it or disprove it.

So long story short it seemed some guy that worked in a company (if this is real he can kiss his job goodbye) that does promotional material and he was showing one of his friends on snap chat. and one of those materials was stuff in regards to Smash Bros (and The Grinch movie) and it was the completed mural of smash characters. Apparently his friend captured the images and shared them online.

And well the "The Grinch Leak" as it is called has only spiraled out since. Either this is some mad man that is playing some 6D chest or simply some guy made a mistake

Characters shown are

Spoiler:

Geno
Ken
Shadow
Isaac
Chorus Kids
Mach Rider
Banjo-Kazooie

and recently Nintendo uploaded a video that may have confirmed one of these characters with one of the items on screen

Spoiler:
It's an item from Golden Sun (Ie. Isaac)
Old 10-25-2018, 08:12 PM   #86
sdp
-

I'm happy with the final roster and while sad that it got leaked without fun CG videos but still the whole Grinch leak makes up for it as it's so damn memorable, so many great memes out of it.
Old 10-25-2018, 09:21 PM   #87
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
I'm happy with the final roster and while sad that it got leaked without fun CG videos but still the whole Grinch leak makes up for it as it's so damn memorable, so many great memes out of it.
I don't believe it is real just yet (primarily due to Sakurai's statement of not expecting too many newcomers), but if does turn out to be, I'd be happy overall.

Incineroar is my most wanted and he's not in the leak, but the other newcomers are all solid options.

Shredder could've done more than blow up the Channel Six building. I don't mean as far as murdering Splinter, but think of the possibilities if censors were not an issue.

Shredder and Krang combined had the biggest arsenal of any villains in all of the cartoons.
FredWolfLeonardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2018, 09:52 PM   #88
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
I don't believe it is real just yet (primarily due to Sakurai's statement of not expecting too many newcomers), but if does turn out to be, I'd be happy overall.

Incineroar is my most wanted and he's not in the leak, but the other newcomers are all solid options who are so good that I wouldn't mind.

Shredder could've done more than blow up the Channel Six building. I don't mean as far as murdering Splinter, but think of the possibilities if censors were not an issue.

Shredder and Krang combined had the biggest arsenal of any villains in all of the cartoons.
FredWolfLeonardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2018, 09:58 AM   #89
Turo602
The King of Kings

Putting my thoughts on the leak in spoilers just in case.

Spoiler:
I know Shadow, Ken, and the Chorus Kids have been rumored for a while now, and considering Shadow and Ken would be echo fighters, I think it's pretty plausible. Especially since Simon Belmont has an echo. Geno seems like fan service in the same vein as Ridley and K. Rool. Banjo is the only real oddity here, though given Microsoft's relationship with Nintendo, and their recent collaboration with cross play, i don't think it's too farfetched.
Old 10-26-2018, 10:08 AM   #90
Ninjinister
無問題

I'd say "potential leak" until it pans out.

Spoiler:
I'm okay with these characters, although I have no frame of reference for Chorus Kids.

The previous game added my two most wanted (Little Mac and Pac-Man) but the remainders on my list are so low-key that they'll never get in, so I'm fine.
Old 10-26-2018, 04:45 PM   #91
Allio
Foot Elite

I would love a game with either Agumon or Metabee, but I know it ain’t happening
Allio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2018, 07:08 PM   #92
Ninjinister
無問題

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allio View Post
I would love a game with either Agumon or Metabee, but I know it ain’t happening
I still think Agumon should replace Gon's fighting style in Tekken since they already have the rights and Digimon and Tekken have crossed over before.

Medarot is still pretty popular in Japan so there's a chance I guess eventually, but I think it wouldn't be before folks like Bomberman.
Old 10-26-2018, 07:54 PM   #93
sdp
-

Bomberman got gypped out of Ultimate, pretty much every other fan favorite is in there except him if the leak is real (which the level of details in it to be fake would be insane).

Only character left I'd want in Smash is Captain N but I know his chances are literally 0%.
Old 10-26-2018, 10:02 PM   #94
Turo602
The King of Kings

I still think Captain Toad got snubbed. Poor guy has been putting in the work since the Galaxy games.
Old 10-26-2018, 10:35 PM   #95
CyberCubed
Overlord

The only real glaringly omitted character is Dixie Kong, she's more important than half the characters on the roster. The DK franchise has always been treated poorly in Smash till now anyway, maybe she'll get in via DLC.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2018, 10:39 PM   #96
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
The only real glaringly omitted character is Dixie Kong, she's more important than half the characters on the roster. The DK franchise has always been treated poorly in Smash till now anyway, maybe she'll get in via DLC.
If she got a cool moveset then I'd be ok with her getting in. The more the merrier, I guess.

Meanwhile Fire Emblem has several characters in the series. How many again... 6?
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2018, 10:43 PM   #97
CyberCubed
Overlord

Fire Emblem has 7 now. 3 of them are Marth clones, lol.

Dixie gets screwed over every time when she's the last big Nintendo character not on the roster and part of a top selling franchise.
Old 10-26-2018, 11:10 PM   #98
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
Fire Emblem has 7 now. 3 of them are Marth clones, lol.

Dixie gets screwed over every time when she's the last big Nintendo character not on the roster and part of a top selling franchise.
Maybe whoever is responsible for picking characters in Smash really likes the Fire Emblem series? Who are the two Marth clones, again? Roy and... Lucina?

Dunno man. Dixie was in how many DK games? Donkey Kong 2 Country and what else? And that game came out over 20 years ago, already. Donkey Kong and Diddy are clearly much more recognisable characters as is King K.Rool, since he's the main villain.

I wonder why Dixie wasn't in DK64 and they created a whole new female character(Tiny Kong) instead.
Old 10-26-2018, 11:54 PM   #99
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post

Dunno man. Dixie was in how many DK games? Donkey Kong 2 Country and what else? And that game came out over 20 years ago, already. Donkey Kong and Diddy are clearly much more recognisable characters as is King K.Rool, since he's the main villain..
Dixie is playable in 2 out of 3 of the original DKC trilogy games, more than Donkey Kong is. She's a starring character in her franchise and continued to appear in spinoffs in the 2000's, then returned in Tropical Freeze in 2014. She's a lead character in the games and the most iconic Nintendo character not playable on the roster (besides Toad).

I don't understand what "20 years ago" has to do with anything when she has a continue presence in the series and they add other characters from "20 years ago" that haven't been relevant in years. If the leak is real and you have Geno, Isaac, etc. on the roster...I have no idea why you're downplaying Dixie.

The Donkey Kong franchise sold more than half the franchises on the roster, Dixie should have been added a long time ago.
Old 10-27-2018, 12:01 AM   #100
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
Dixie is playable in 2 out of 3 of the original DKC trilogy games, more than Donkey Kong is. She's a starring character in her franchise and continued to appear in spinoffs in the 2000's, then returned in Tropical Freeze in 2014. She's a lead character in the games and the most iconic Nintendo character not playable on the roster (besides Toad).

I don't understand what "20 years ago" has to do with anything when she has a continue presence in the series and they add other characters from "20 years ago" that haven't been relevant in years. If the leak is real and you have Geno, Isaac, etc. on the roster...I have no idea why you're downplaying Dixie.

The Donkey Kong franchise sold more than half the franchises on the roster, Dixie should have been added a long time ago.
Well i didn't know that. I forgot she was also in DKC3, but had no clue she was in Tropical Freeze. Spinoffs? Like that game with the drums for the GC?

Isaac? The one from Golden Sun? is indeed a surprise but the GS games were kinda popular at the time.

No idea why Dixie isn't in it, but tbh I can live without her. For all we know she could have just ended up as being another clone.