The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Old 04-08-2024, 01:32 PM   #1
Lordmylar06
Stone Warrior

TMNT Adventures (Archie) Omnibus from IDW

I saw this post from Chris Allan and it's the first I've heard of an Adventures Omnibus from IDW.

https://www.instagram.com/p/C5elqdwOrlZ/

I hope they clean up the pages instead of using comic direct scans like they did for the trade paperbacks.
Lordmylar06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2024, 01:54 PM   #2
neatoman
Emperor

Yeah, the what they used for the paperbacks is trash. The fact that there is a blatant misprint in every copy of volume 12 I've come across is just embarrassing.
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2024, 02:04 PM   #3
Barkworm
Super Moderator

When is this going to be released though?
Barkworm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2024, 02:06 PM   #4
DrSpengler
Foot Elite

Hope they include the World Tour issues they skipped, as well as the Specials and miniseries. There's so much material that's still never been reprinted.
DrSpengler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2024, 02:33 PM   #5
IMJ
Emperor

About time. Now they just have to execute properly. Hardcover with good color and most importantly, NO GUTTER LOSS. If they execute this correctly the sales could save their company, and if they clown-world it up it could be a disaster for them
IMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2024, 03:14 PM   #6
CyberCubed
Overlord

Are they going to skip the muslim/saudi arabian arc again?
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2024, 03:17 PM   #7
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

I don't know why anyone would have even the slightest bit of faith in IDW reprint team at this point.
Andrew NDB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2024, 04:02 PM   #8
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Are they going to skip the muslim/saudi arabian arc again?
Last time, the IDW reprint team not only skipped that, but everything between Turning Japanese and 1492.
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2024, 04:28 PM   #9
Roseangelo
Emperor

They are just going to hit reprint on what has already been reprinted. Anyone expecting anything else is a fool.
Roseangelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2024, 04:31 PM   #10
Drose18
The Catalina Wine Mixer

Cool cover art but the colors are all wrong
Drose18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2024, 04:41 PM   #11
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lordmylar06 View Post
I saw this post from Chris Allan and it's the first I've heard of an Adventures Omnibus from IDW.

https://www.instagram.com/p/C5elqdwOrlZ/

I hope they clean up the pages instead of using comic direct scans like they did for the trade paperbacks.
Here's the image
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 435833777_809703614411768_4720684257352400062_n.jpg (91.3 KB, 38 views)
Old 04-08-2024, 05:57 PM   #12
CyberCubed
Overlord

The thing is this might be a higher quality than the previous trades. So maybe they won't skip anything this time.
Old 04-08-2024, 06:08 PM   #13
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

If it's like a FULL collection then they'll have my money. But it won't be.
Old 04-08-2024, 06:24 PM   #14
Zog The Magnificent
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
I don't know why anyone would have even the slightest bit of faith in IDW reprint team at this point.
Well, the old Mirage reprints were good, when they weren't coloring them in. The only time they did a good job with coloring was the Image reprints.
Zog The Magnificent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2024, 07:01 PM   #15
CyberCubed
Overlord

IDW has a pattern of putting out lower quality trades first and then "fixing" them with better quality trades later. It's probably done purposely to get fans to double-dip and buy the same thing twice because at first we didn't know they were going to be reprinted again.

IDW has reprinted the early Mirage issues like what....5-6 different ways now? They're literally putting out prestige collections of Vol. 1 out again in black and white (only they skipped issue 8 this time, which is weird since its in the original Ultimate collections and then the colored collections too).

Like I don't know what the hell goes on in IDW's department. The only stuff we know they can never collect is Rick Veitch's Vol. 1 stories (Sky Highway and The River 3-parter), so that's 4 issues they never collected anywhere. I'm pretty sure every other Vol. 1 issue got reprinted by now somewhere, even ones skipped originally.
Old 04-08-2024, 07:13 PM   #16
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zog The Magnificent View Post
Well, the old Mirage reprints were good, when they weren't coloring them in. The only time they did a good job with coloring was the Image reprints.
Like the whole issues worth of City at War issues with no duotones?
Old 04-08-2024, 07:16 PM   #17
Chaotix12345
Stone Warrior

Great to see that these are still coming. The listing popping up briefly last year and then quietly getting delayed to 2025 was a bit worrying. Definitely gonna be picking these up. Awesome that they got Chris Allan to do the first cover, though the coloring's a bit odd on this one. I didn't think it was possible to make his Splinter look even funkier, but miscoloring him gray does it. Kinda like that Adventures trade cover where the Turtles all have red masks. It's just off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkworm View Post
When is this going to be released though?
Going by the Amazon listing, March 25th, 2025.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roseangelo View Post
They are just going to hit reprint on what has already been reprinted. Anyone expecting anything else is a fool.
If the listing's item description is still accurate, they're actually going to try to reprint everything in reading order this time, including specials, minis, and short stories:

Relive the animated adventures of the TMNT in these classic stories from the Archie Comics series presented in this oversized hardcover!

The original animated TMNT series debuted in December 1987 and began airing full-time in October 1988 by which time the comic series had already been on sale for two months. The first three-issue series proved so popular that it turned into an ongoing series that would run for 72 issues, multiple specials, and various mini-series. This omnibus aims to collect all of the issues in recommended reading order giving fans of the series a reading experience like never before!

Volume 1 collects the original three-issue mini-series, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Adventures issues #1–17, plus the short stories “Zen Million Year to Birth,” “The Night of Monsterex,” “Metamorphosis,” “A Forgotten TMNT Adventure,” “Yo-Ho-Ho! And a Bottle of Mutagen!,” and “Doomsday Hassle in Banshee Castle.”
Chaotix12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2024, 07:53 PM   #18
IMJ
Emperor

So lets get this straight -

IDW has released Archie TPB's, but they are just page scans - not recolored art or anything like that, and they have skipped issues of the run by virtue of some kind of "cultural sensibility" as in typical liberal-revisionist-history.

And now in an "Omnibus" the prevailing theory is that they will just take what they did in these poor TBP efforts and just print it in a larger volume called an "omnibus"?

If that is all true then everyone should bankrupt the Omnibus project completely and let IDW take another step towards death. And on the other hand if they churn out a worthwhile project worthy of an Omnibus then support it. Just don't support these half measures at all, man.
IMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2024, 08:15 PM   #19
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

And basically, buy Omnibus Book One and hope that when Omnibus Book Two comes out it's not missing all the issues again. No thanks.
Old 04-08-2024, 08:26 PM   #20
CyberCubed
Overlord

If this really is a complete set and they don't skip the Arabian adventures this time, I will actually buy this. I still have all my single issues but they're literally disintegrating (they were printed on cheap 90's paper to begin with), so it'd be nice to sell those off on ebay or something and get them in a collection.