The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-23-2016, 02:29 PM   #481
Bobby Curnow
Official TMNT Staff/Cast
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 1,368
I honestly can't remember-- some time around late summer last year?
Bobby Curnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2016, 04:02 PM   #482
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 34,971
Is there any chance of a character profile or "encyclopedia" book for IDW's TMNT characters, locations, and history?

Something similar to those Star Wars books that has every major character and location listed, along with character biographies and profiles? The Archie TMNT comic did something similar with their series.

Now that IDW TMNT has grown a rather large cast of characters, it would be interesting to see one of those character biographies-type graphic novels that other series have.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2016, 05:34 PM   #483
old_hob88
Foot Soldier
 
old_hob88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Baltimore, Marlyand
Posts: 249
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Is there any chance of a character profile or "encyclopedia" book for IDW's TMNT characters, locations, and history?

Something similar to those Star Wars books that has every major character and location listed, along with character biographies and profiles? The Archie TMNT comic did something similar with their series.

Now that IDW TMNT has grown a rather large cast of characters, it would be interesting to see one of those character biographies-type graphic novels that other series have.
I'd buy that in a heartbeat!!
old_hob88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2016, 07:17 PM   #484
DrSpengler
TMNT Entity guy
 
DrSpengler's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 4,780
Here's a quickie for you, Bobby!

Spoiler:
Ch'rell got name-dropped in TMNT #56, so we now we know he exists in the IDW-verse (awesome!). My question is whether that Utrom who looked like Ch'rell in the Krang micro-series was actually meant to be Ch'rell, now. I'd always figured it was just an Easter egg until now.
__________________
TMNT Entity
Ninja Turtle comic reviews, essays, articles and more!


-Mark Pellegrini

Last edited by DrSpengler; 03-23-2016 at 07:46 PM.
DrSpengler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2016, 07:40 PM   #485
Zage
Foot Soldier
 
Zage's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Abbotsford, BC, Canada
Posts: 245
Which version of Pizza Face do you like the best, the original human version, from the toy series, or the modern version, that's an actual pizza, with a face?
__________________
My top 10 "never been made" figures that I wanna see are:

Dreadmon
Ninjara
Jagwar
Roadkill Rodney
Lt. Granitor
generic Stone Warrior/ Rock Soldier {preferably a 2-pack, one orangy brown, the other bluish grey}
Kid Terra
Bookwurm /w/ Innardo
Tora
Shogun


Do you ever wonder, if Baxter, as the fly, ever had the urge to eat poop?
Zage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2016, 07:45 PM   #486
Powder
Salami Origami
 
Powder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Shell Ri La
Posts: 25,858
Spoiler that, Spengs!
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2016, 07:46 PM   #487
DrSpengler
TMNT Entity guy
 
DrSpengler's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 4,780
Aw jeez, sorry bout that.
__________________
TMNT Entity
Ninja Turtle comic reviews, essays, articles and more!


-Mark Pellegrini
DrSpengler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2016, 09:08 PM   #488
Bobby Curnow
Official TMNT Staff/Cast
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 1,368
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Is there any chance of a character profile or "encyclopedia" book for IDW's TMNT characters, locations, and history?

Something similar to those Star Wars books that has every major character and location listed, along with character biographies and profiles? The Archie TMNT comic did something similar with their series.

Now that IDW TMNT has grown a rather large cast of characters, it would be interesting to see one of those character biographies-type graphic novels that other series have.
I'd love to see something like that, but those things are a lot of work, and there's not really a budget to pay someone else to do it. Marvel can pull it off occasionally, but they are always relatively poor selling books and they have a much larger fan base.

I've been toying with doing something like that as back up material, but again... just seems like too much work! So, to answer your question... maybe one day, but it's not a high priority.
Bobby Curnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2016, 09:10 PM   #489
Bobby Curnow
Official TMNT Staff/Cast
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 1,368
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrSpengler View Post
Here's a quickie for you, Bobby!

Spoiler:
Ch'rell got name-dropped in TMNT #56, so we now we know he exists in the IDW-verse (awesome!). My question is whether that Utrom who looked like Ch'rell in the Krang micro-series was actually meant to be Ch'rell, now. I'd always figured it was just an Easter egg until now.
I don't have that issue in front of me, so I'd need to take a look to see if it's possible to retcon it to be so. But it definitely wasn't intended as such, that name wasn't anywhere in the script or in anyone's mind.
Bobby Curnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2016, 09:13 PM   #490
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master
 
MikeandRaph87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: JLA Satellite Headquarters
Posts: 8,530
I bet a collection of 'dromers would be happy to do all the dirty work on collecting bios and appearance list and all you would to do would supply stock art and edit our work. Also, if you wished to include trivia. All credit goes to you and the IDW gang.

Thanks for the printed letter. I have tried to get one in since I was five.
__________________
Michelangelo: This looks like a job for the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles!
Raphael: Sheesh, Mikey this ain't a cartoon!

Check out the best DC Comics site on the net:
http://new.dcuwiki.net/forums/index.php
Now featuring Ethan Van Sciver!

MikeandRaph87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2016, 09:32 PM   #491
Bobby Curnow
Official TMNT Staff/Cast
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 1,368
Awesome, thanks for writing.
Bobby Curnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2016, 10:16 PM   #492
Ninjinister
無問題
 
Ninjinister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Moesko Island, WA
Posts: 13,851
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby Curnow View Post
I'd love to see something like that, but those things are a lot of work, and there's not really a budget to pay someone else to do it. Marvel can pull it off occasionally, but they are always relatively poor selling books and they have a much larger fan base.

I've been toying with doing something like that as back up material, but again... just seems like too much work! So, to answer your question... maybe one day, but it's not a high priority.
I love the hell outta me some sourcebooks (which is partially why the Wiki is so important to me), so I'd definitely buy one. I buy all of Marvel's and the few DC puts out.
__________________
LOOKING FOR Japanese TMNT video game manuals (specifically TMNT2/3 NES, all on Game Boy, TMNT4/RoS), or just scans

Admin of Turtlepedia. If you have any questions or problems, let me know!

Ninjinister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2016, 12:19 AM   #493
martinitolove
Foot Soldier
 
martinitolove's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 191
Don't really see the need on that since we've got http://turtlepedia.wikia.com/. Everything is updated and not a printed book, that's too old the moment it comes out...
martinitolove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2016, 03:37 AM   #494
Ninjinister
無問題
 
Ninjinister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Moesko Island, WA
Posts: 13,851
Quote:
Originally Posted by martinitolove View Post
Don't really see the need on that since we've got http://turtlepedia.wikia.com/. Everything is updated and not a printed book, that's too old the moment it comes out...
Did you really need to link that? lol

I 'unno. There's just something super nice about having this sort of thing in book form.
__________________
LOOKING FOR Japanese TMNT video game manuals (specifically TMNT2/3 NES, all on Game Boy, TMNT4/RoS), or just scans

Admin of Turtlepedia. If you have any questions or problems, let me know!

Ninjinister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2016, 06:30 AM   #495
DrSpengler
TMNT Entity guy
 
DrSpengler's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 4,780
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby Curnow View Post
I don't have that issue in front of me, so I'd need to take a look to see if it's possible to retcon it to be so. But it definitely wasn't intended as such, that name wasn't anywhere in the script or in anyone's mind.
Aw, it's "the Foot Soldier from the Raph micro isn't the Shredder incognito" all over again.

But thanks!
__________________
TMNT Entity
Ninja Turtle comic reviews, essays, articles and more!


-Mark Pellegrini
DrSpengler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2016, 03:07 PM   #496
pferreira
Mad Scientist
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 2,243
Hi Bobby, I love The Works collections and wondered how many more are you going to bring out?
pferreira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2016, 05:55 PM   #497
Bobby Curnow
Official TMNT Staff/Cast
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 1,368
Enough to cover through City at War (how far we went with the Color Classics reprints). Not sure how many volumes that is. I'd guess 5.
Bobby Curnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2016, 06:41 PM   #498
Zage
Foot Soldier
 
Zage's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Abbotsford, BC, Canada
Posts: 245
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zage View Post
Which version of Pizza Face do you like the best, the original human version, from the toy series, or the modern version, that's an actual pizza, with a face?
I heard that Tatsu made an appearance, in the Foot Clan mini, a few years back. But I just read it, and don't recall seeing him, or having him mentioned. Was he actually in it?
__________________
My top 10 "never been made" figures that I wanna see are:

Dreadmon
Ninjara
Jagwar
Roadkill Rodney
Lt. Granitor
generic Stone Warrior/ Rock Soldier {preferably a 2-pack, one orangy brown, the other bluish grey}
Kid Terra
Bookwurm /w/ Innardo
Tora
Shogun


Do you ever wonder, if Baxter, as the fly, ever had the urge to eat poop?
Zage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2016, 07:16 PM   #499
Powder
Salami Origami
 
Powder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Shell Ri La
Posts: 25,858
He didn't, there's a character with a similar name, that's all.
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2016, 12:18 AM   #500
Chabrendeki
Hench Mutant
 
Chabrendeki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Budapest, Hungary
Posts: 265
For 2 years the series "TMNT Legends" was started - will a vol. 2 follow? And if yes: what will be the content?
__________________
Chabrendeki is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
bobby curnow, idw, idw's tmnt, questions, tom waltz

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:00 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.