The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > General TMNT Discussion

Notices

Old 07-21-2018, 08:31 PM   #21
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
Ofc it was most likely lame plot convenience but I was hoping someone would play along. Damn you!

And yes, I agree with what you said. All we know about April's personal lfie in the FW series is that her aunt is an Agatha Christie Miss Marple style detective and that she(April, not her aunt) had an ex-bf that was mentioned in one of the Red Sky episodes... which I assume was also a lame plot convenience as well.

Oh and she and Irma were friends and apparently neighbours at some point? Or it sure seemed so in season 2.
Yeah, I'd like to think they lived in the same apartment, but we never saw Irma suffer like April did all the times her apartment destroyed. Though I do recall in one episode Bebop and Rocksteady kidnapped Irma because they were looking for April but she wasn't there and Irma just happened to be there, so there ya go.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2018, 05:42 AM   #22
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
Though I do recall in one episode Bebop and Rocksteady kidnapped Irma because they were looking for April but she wasn't there and Irma just happened to be there, so there ya go.
What episode was that? And was it in Irma's apartment?
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2018, 09:26 AM   #23
Casey
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProphetofGanja View Post
Of all the things the Fed Wolf show did, this is what you question?
Hahaha. So true.
Old 07-22-2018, 10:35 AM   #24
sdp
Megan Fox = April

This topic is intersting because believe it or not the OT took many references from the comic even in the final seasons. The other day someone posted on the drome discord a comparison and how the Mirage Utrom transporting device was the same one used by Lord Dregg in the Red Sky seasons. I think a Northampton arc could've been somewhat adapted OT style during the Red Sky seasons, it's not so out of the question even if it had been very different. I mean after all we DID get a triceraton invasion in the OT even if it was used as a set up for a crazy donatello episode and done with after 2 minutes.

I've posted this before but I think the biggest miss the OT had was not having Fugitoid. We had so many generic robot episodes, even space robot episodes. I mean when watching the OT there was even one episode that could've been a perfect Fugitoid episode all they had ot do was change the name of the robot to Fugitoid and it would've worked, no script changes, just the name of the robot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
And speaking of April, she and Casey never hook up in the FW series nor do they ever come close to it, so her spending time at his place also would have been unrealistic.

Probably, but it was a subtle homage, so to speak. I definitely didn't see any atrraciton among them. Although in Night of the Rogues, when Splinter asked April if she could contact Casey Jones she said something like "Well I have his phone number, but...". That one was rather surprising. Casey had never interacted with April on screen at least before that episode. He had only interacted with the Turtles, so how did she have his phone number and Casey didn't get a Turtle com from the Turtles?
Well, I know it's a cheap way to say it happened "off screen" but a few things in the OT happened off screen including some mutants origins (I forgot their names) and it's implied the turtles fought them before when in the show it's the first time we see them. Also, now that the OT is getting a continuation of sorts through all the crossovers that may very well change. In 2012 we saw in one episode through a portal the turtles walking with April and Casey which never happened in the original show, so maybe that's the first time they met since it likely took place before the Red Sky seasons. And maybe in a future crossover who knows we may just see OT Casey/April as a couple
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2018, 12:50 PM   #25
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
Well, I know it's a cheap way to say it happened "off screen" but a few things in the OT happened off screen including some mutants origins (I forgot their names)
Razhar, Tokka and Scumbug.

The turtles also recognized Big Louie (gangster) and Antrax (extraterrestrial).
Old 07-22-2018, 01:21 PM   #26
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
This topic is intersting because believe it or not the OT took many references from the comic even in the final seasons. The other day someone posted on the drome discord a comparison and how the Mirage Utrom transporting device was the same one used by Lord Dregg in the Red Sky seasons. I think a Northampton arc could've been somewhat adapted OT style during the Red Sky seasons, it's not so out of the question even if it had been very different. I mean after all we DID get a triceraton invasion in the OT even if it was used as a set up for a crazy donatello episode and done with after 2 minutes.

I've posted this before but I think the biggest miss the OT had was not having Fugitoid. We had so many generic robot episodes, even space robot episodes. I mean when watching the OT there was even one episode that could've been a perfect Fugitoid episode all they had ot do was change the name of the robot to Fugitoid and it would've worked, no script changes, just the name of the robot.

Well, I know it's a cheap way to say it happened "off screen" but a few things in the OT happened off screen including some mutants origins (I forgot their names) and it's implied the turtles fought them before when in the show it's the first time we see them. Also, now that the OT is getting a continuation of sorts through all the crossovers that may very well change. In 2012 we saw in one episode through a portal the turtles walking with April and Casey which never happened in the original show, so maybe that's the first time they met since it likely took place before the Red Sky seasons. And maybe in a future crossover who knows we may just see OT Casey/April as a couple
Yeah I'm not a fan of re-writing history. The OT should be left dead as it is. Making more changes to it in the vein of "oh guys, actually this character actually did this 20 years ago even if it was never shown on screen!" by people who never even worked in the OT in the first place is silly.

And I can't imagine April and Casey ever hooking up in the FW series. Unless it was done for comical purposes considering how different they were from each other. People like to say April lowered herself to Casey in the 2k3 series, but holy hell would it be quite a step down if FW April ever got together with Casey Jones .
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2018, 01:35 PM   #27
Overlord

If the turtles, April O'Neil and Casey Jones walked together in the Fred Wolf series, they were probably just investigating something.
Old 07-22-2018, 03:30 PM   #28
sdp
Megan Fox = April

I don't like the retcons either, I'm just saying it isn't impossible to see that happen anymore. I mean having a crossover and a quick scene that lasts 3 seconds of OT April is hanging out with OT Casey implying they're together is not that out there. They already retconned Krang and gave him all this unnecessary backstory in the OT.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2018, 06:52 AM   #29
Overlord

Couldn't Fred Wolf Studios also have gone the O'Neil Farm route instead of Jones Farm?
Old 07-24-2018, 04:20 PM   #30
Garfield
Hench Mutant

Why would they have needed to? It was an episodic comedic children's cartoon very. VERY! loosely based off of a comic book. Ninja Turtles was still new and most of the fans were kids who weren't scrutinizing it as deeply as they do now. I'm sure the folks working on the show weren't thinking. "We have to pay homage to this arc in the comics because its going to be a big to do with the fans of the comics as the years go by." Why would they think that?
Garfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2018, 04:32 PM   #31
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Putting the Northampton house in the Fred Wolf cartoon? Why on earth would anyone want one more thing bastardized by that awful show?
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2018, 05:17 PM   #32
neatoman
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Putting the Northampton house in the Fred Wolf cartoon? Why on earth would anyone want one more thing bastardized by that awful show?
Because some people still have minds like five year olds when they're pushing forty.
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2018, 07:57 PM   #33
DarkFell
A Crusty Bob Fan

Perhaps it was a decision made to keep the FW Turtles distinctive (in terms of living places either temporary or permanent), different from their Mirage counterpart 'selves' in order to avoid some confusion between the younger & older fans of both sections of the franchise.

The Mirage Turtles were able to live in the sewers, an apartment above ground on the streets of New York, and in an old farmhouse in North Hampton.

The Fred Wolf Turtles were comfortable staying within the sewers of New York City.

** Feel free to correct me if I am wrong on the info concerning the Mirage Turtles, as I only have the Challenges book.

Last edited by DarkFell; 07-24-2018 at 08:03 PM.
DarkFell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2018, 01:03 AM   #34
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

After barely drawing upon -- and doing so immeasurably loosely -- the first few issues of Mirage and beginning the cartoon... no regard was paid to any issues that came out after that. Ever. At any point. But nor should they have. They were doing their own thing for little kids.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2018, 09:52 AM   #35
pferreira
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Original TMNT Cartoon Fan View Post
Does anyone hav an idea why the Fred Wolf series never had a storyarc with the farmhouse in Northampton, Massachusetts? It's one of the most iconic TMNT environments.

What do you think such a storyarc could include? And at what point of the series would it be set? I would personally enjoy some New England autumn scenes.
Northampton, New England, New Manchester, New frickin Liverpool, oh boy...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Not sure. Why would anyone want Mirage to bastardise the excellent FW series?

Quote:
Originally Posted by neatoman View Post
Because some people still have minds like five year olds when they're pushing forty.
Not all of us are 15 year old snobbish Swedes who all look up to Bobby Curnow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Original TMNT Cartoon Fan View Post
Why not let Burne Thompson start another anti-turtle campaign, and the TMNT have to escape.
Thank you! Now that's a better contribution than the last two people I quoted.
pferreira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2018, 06:55 AM   #36
Overlord

The closes we maye have been probably was:

http://www.tmnttoys.com/93vehicles/farmers/index.html

http://www.tmnttoys.com/94vehicles/farmers/index.html

Even if there usually hasn't been any agricultural activities near the Northampton, Massachusetts for years.