Tmnt 1990
Turtles Forever
Batman vs Tmnt
Tmnt 2014
Tmnt 2007
Out of the Shadows
Tmnt 3
Secret of the Ooze
Wow...you really didn't like Secret of the Ooze...any particular reasons?
primetime34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2020, 10:17 PM   #23
Shark_Blade
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by primetime34 View Post
Wow...you really didn't like Secret of the Ooze...any particular reasons?
Maybe I?m nitpicking but

- They didn?t fight using weapons. At all. Mikey was using sausages ugh. They mostly joked around a lot and no serious fights. Even TMNT 3 got better fights using weapons. I think I read they removed all weapons because concerned parents pressured them? Well that ruined the movie a lot for me tbh.

- Too goofy compared to the more serious tone in the first movie. I mean in the first film when April?s store got attacked & Raph got injured after being thrown from the roof unconscious, I was concerned for their safety. Here when Raph was abducted in the car dump alley the tone was so silly and playlike.

- Tokka & Rahzar? Not Bebop & Rocksteady? Isn’t that a missed opportunity for well established and loveable characters? And they got defeated with fire extinguisher? Yall... where?s the ninja fight action? But we got jelly doughnut scam really?

- I rather more turtles screen time than Keno. The actor seems like a nice guy but seems not integral and redundant in this movie

- Shredder was a downgrade compared to first movie. It felt like a cartoon ?FIRST THEM THEN YOU...?. And he mostly stand around trying hard to be intimidating barking loudly whereas first movie Shredder is intimidating without even trying (like he could just walk in a room without saying a word and everyone would be silent)

- No disrespect to the April actress but I feel her acting is rather bland compared to other Aprils

- Super Shredder was too brief and easily beaten. Again comparing the climax fight in the first movie... very bad

Overall yeah it did affect my enjoyment as a whole. Neca announced Super Shredder figure and I would like to get it but all those bad memories and cringe just came flooding in and I ended up not getting him at all. Pity. Oh well.

But if other people enjoy it, it?s fine. Just my take on it.
Shark_Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2020, 11:36 PM   #24
Wildcat
Foot Elite

I have not seen the 1990 movie or part 3 in quite sometime and growing up I watched Soto more often so off the top of my head I would rank them as they were released. Maybe Id put 2007 after Soto.

I have not seen the Batman one and as much as I like Forever I consider it part of 4kids and an overall TMNT crossover special. Not a typical movie. If you have not seen 4kids the plot will make no sense.

I honestly cannot remember how well 1990 Shredder was portrayed at the moment. I think I always just viewed him as wanting to form an army to do his bidding. Theres probably more depth implied but I need to rewatch it.
Old 08-12-2020, 04:26 AM   #25
Wesley
Mad Scientist

Not seen Batman vs TMNT (I’ll have to check it out sometime), but here?s my ranking list from best to worst.

1. 1990
2. Turtles Forever
3. 2007
4. III
5. Secret of the Ooze
6. Out of the Shadows
7. 2014

Last edited by Wesley; 08-12-2020 at 07:28 AM. Reason: Changed my mind about the Batman vs trailer.
Wesley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2020, 05:17 AM   #26
bgb1018
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shark_Blade View Post

- Tokka & Rahzar? Not Bebop & Rocksteady? Isn?t that a missed opportunity for well established and loveable characters? And they got defeated with fire extinguisher? Yall... where?s the ninja fight action? But we got jelly doughnut scam really?
I'm pretty sure Eastman and Laird always hated Bebop and Rocksteady as characters and said no to them being included in the movie. Personally, Tokka and Rahzar are better simply for them being an actual threat (although, how they were beat could have been better).
bgb1018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2020, 05:26 AM   #27
bgb1018
Foot Soldier

1. TMNT 1990
2. Secret of the Ooze
3. TMNT 2007
4. TMNT vs Batman
5. Turtles Forever
5. TMNT 3
7. Out of the Shadows
8. TMNT 2014

This is my list based of quality of movie. I'll admit that the list would be a little different if I made it based off which ones I enjoy more than the others.
bgb1018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2020, 07:20 AM   #28
Filespit
Hench Mutant

By quality;

1. TMNT 1990
2. Batman vs TMNT
3. TMNT 2007
4. Turtles Forever
5. TMNT 2
6. TMNT 3
7. TMNT OOTS
8. TMNT 2014

By favorite;

1. TMNT 2
2. Batman vs TMNT
3. TMNT 1990
4. TMNT 3
5. TMNT 2007
6. Turtles Forever
7. TMNT OOTS
8. TMNT 2014

TMNT 1990 is undeniably the best TMNT movie quality wise, but TMNT 2 is my favorite movie of all time so I had to make a list based on that as well. I think TMNT 2007 and Turtles Forever are better crafted movies than TMNT 2, but I enjoy TMNT 2 way more than any other. Batman vs TMNT is the best on-screen adaptation of the Turtles we've got since the original movie, I cannot believe how perfectly they nailed that one. TMNT 3 is what it is, but its still way more enjoyable and has more heart than any of those abominations that Paramount gave us.
Filespit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2020, 07:24 AM   #29
Whatswiththeheadbands?
The Weed of Crime

TMNT 1990
Turtles Forever
TMNT 2007

Then the rest
Old 08-12-2020, 08:02 AM   #30
Shark_Blade
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgb1018 View Post
I'm pretty sure Eastman and Laird always hated Bebop and Rocksteady as characters and said no to them being included in the movie. Personally, Tokka and Rahzar are better simply for them being an actual threat (although, how they were beat could have been better).
I don?t understand why they would hate B&R since the public love those two together even more than Tokka and Rahzar... And B&R can be a threat from what we read in IDW comics, the 2012 and OT (first season I think, I don’t really watch the other seasons) toons and movie.

Imagine if Bob Kane (creator of Batman) hated Harley Quinn because he didn?t create her; but he did no such thing. And the public loves HQ.
Old 08-12-2020, 10:14 AM   #31
primetime34
Random Punk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filespit View Post
By quality;

1. TMNT 1990
2. Batman vs TMNT
3. TMNT 2007
4. Turtles Forever
5. TMNT 2
6. TMNT 3
7. TMNT OOTS
8. TMNT 2014

By favorite;

1. TMNT 2
2. Batman vs TMNT
3. TMNT 1990
4. TMNT 3
5. TMNT 2007
6. Turtles Forever
7. TMNT OOTS
8. TMNT 2014

TMNT 1990 is undeniably the best TMNT movie quality wise, but TMNT 2 is my favorite movie of all time so I had to make a list based on that as well. I think TMNT 2007 and Turtles Forever are better crafted movies than TMNT 2, but I enjoy TMNT 2 way more than any other. Batman vs TMNT is the best on-screen adaptation of the Turtles we've got since the original movie, I cannot believe how perfectly they nailed that one. TMNT 3 is what it is, but its still way more enjoyable and has more heart than any of those abominations that Paramount gave us.
Just curious...what is it about TMNT 2 that you enjoy so much? I think most of us feel the same about the Michael Bay Turtles though.
Old 08-12-2020, 11:46 PM   #32
Shark_Blade
Emperor

I’m curious to know too. It it nostalgia? Vanilla Ice? (I had to google as not to mistake him as an ice cream flavour).

I can understand if people don’t like Bayturtles, the story is a hit/miss but they kinda make it up with superior modern visuals for me.
Old 08-13-2020, 02:03 AM   #33
Wildcat
Foot Elite

Well for me, like I said I watched Soto more often growing up, I just thought it was a more fun movie. Its not my favorite of all time I mean in terms of the turtles.

They were living in Aprils apartment which I thought was cool. Then they found the abandoned subway. We got to see TGRI. Tokka and Rahzar were actual mutant henchmen instead of just a foot gang. I guess it felt more like they were on an adventure

I highly doubt Vanilla Ice has much to do with it. People remember the song because it was catchy but thats not why people liked the movie.
Old 08-13-2020, 03:09 AM   #34
Technogeek29
Mad Scientist

1. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
2. Turtles in Time
3. Batman vs TMNT
4. SOTO
5. TMNT
6. Turtles Forever
9. Ninja Turtles 2016
10. Out of the Shadows
Old 08-13-2020, 07:55 AM   #35
primetime34
Random Punk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technogeek29 View Post
1. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
2. Turtles in Time
3. Batman vs TMNT
4. SOTO
5. TMNT
6. Turtles Forever
9. Ninja Turtles 2016
10. Out of the Shadows
Interesting...I haven't seen anybody rate Turtles in Time so high...what about that movie makes it rate so high?
Old 08-13-2020, 08:16 AM   #36
Shark_Blade
Emperor

The Feudal Japanese aesthetic is pretty nice tbh, feels very authentic. Kinda sad when they had to leave that era.

I suddenly remembered Mikey tried to make pizza and it turned into a black coal thing which he threw away and it hit a guy.
Old 08-13-2020, 09:58 AM   #37
Technogeek29
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by primetime34 View Post
Interesting...I haven't seen anybody rate Turtles in Time so high...what about that movie makes it rate so high?
More focus on Michelangelo not being a one off goofball. Dealt with him wanting to socially fit into a society and being hurt by same society when he is being used as a means to an ends in a war rubbing him wrong and the only reason he even goes back to help them is because he has a crush on Mitsu.

Liked the focus not being Raph for once like 3 out of 6 TMNT movies are. The movie is by no means as serious as the first movie but takes its concepts less silly than SOTO.
Old 08-13-2020, 10:19 AM   #38
Shark_Blade
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technogeek29 View Post
More focus on Michelangelo not being a one off goofball. Dealt with him wanting to socially fit into a society and being hurt by same society when he is being used as a means to an ends in a war rubbing him wrong and the only reason he even goes back to help them is because he has a crush on Mitsu.

Liked the focus not being Raph for once like 3 out of 6 TMNT movies are. The movie is by no means as serious as the first movie but takes its concepts less silly than SOTO.
Yeah that was different. Mikey actually had depth which is very rare.

Screw it I'm watching TMNT3. Wonder if we're getting NECA figures for this movie.... we're already getting the first 2 films figures and also the Coming Out of their Shells figures so it is possible...
Old 08-13-2020, 06:12 PM   #39
shuriken
Second City Shinobi

1- 1990 (TMNT)
2- 1991 (SOTO)
3- 1992 (Turtles 3)
4- 2016(Out of the Shadows)
5- 2014(ReBoot)
6- tmnt2k7 is a mess from start to finish that doesn't know what it wants to be and ends up feeling both really slow moving and unnecessarily rushed. The Foot are absolutely useless and unnecessary. Max Winters, the Stone Generals and 13 monsters being worse characters than Walker and Lord Norinaga (er whatever his name was in the 3rd movie, at least Walker had a smarmy sharm to him damnit, Patrick Stewart sounds bored out of his mind). The best thing about this one IMO was the Leo vs Raph fight and the animation and voice work. Everything else was really bad. It's the shortest of the movies but feels like the biggest chore. I hate this movie
Old 08-13-2020, 11:14 PM   #40
primetime34
Random Punk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shark_Blade View Post
Yeah that was different. Mikey actually had depth which is very rare.

Screw it I'm watching TMNT3. Wonder if we're getting NECA figures for this movie.... we're already getting the first 2 films figures and also the Coming Out of their Shells figures so it is possible...
I had never considered the depth of Mikey in that movie....now I feel like I want to go back and re-watch it to see what I'm missing. I've always had a hard time getting past the bad animatronic work