The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > General TMNT Discussion

Notices

Old 09-17-2016, 11:10 AM   #21
oldmanwinters
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleGuy View Post
- April has a daughter who is based on Nick April(minus the Kraang powers.) named May who has an internship in Stocktronics. She has no friends and is kind of lonely since her mother is always working to get that "big story" until she meets the turtles.
I really like that twist! More than likely, I expect we'll see single-parent April in a future incarnation of franchise.

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2016, 01:39 AM   #22
BH Daimaouji
Thug

I don't really understand the topic but:

A TMNT 1987 remake with emotional moments (no, not drama, hugging each other and stuff like that)

I roleplay as Leonardo

Owned TMNT episode DVDs:

German DVD box 1-3

Polish DVD

Owned TMNT games

Famiclone

Geki Kame ninja den
TMNT2
TMNT TF
BH Daimaouji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2016, 09:06 AM   #23
pferreira
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeandRaph87 View Post
A solid mix of the best elements of seasons 7 and 8 of the 1987 cartoon with a stronger continuity and emphasis on characterization.
I would say just reboot the Fred Wolf series but keep it in the style you suggested.
pferreira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2016, 10:26 AM   #24
ninja-zero
Hench Mutant

Seeing the 2003 of TMNT, I'd like an anime TMNT....

- Oroku Saki as a disciple of Kraang the original Shredder.

- Miwa as Alopex

- Shredder's mutant minions comprised of a spider, a skunk, a chameleon & a hyena named Rahzar as his mutant elite guard trained in the ways of the Foot. Later on Bebop & Rocksteady appear.

- Splinter as Yoshi's pet.

Last edited by ninja-zero; 09-22-2016 at 10:33 AM.
ninja-zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2016, 12:34 PM   #25
Vegita-San
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utrommaniac View Post
The Mighty Mutanimals, consisting of Slash, Leatherhead, Pigeon Pete, Scumbag, Mondo Gecko, and two cats: Old Hob and Hamato Miwa, both of whom were mutated together in the TCRI fire. Hamato Shen is the honorary human, as Miwa's mother, and gives lodging to them in Northhampton, coincidentally not far from where the turtles would have to flee to eventually, but they never manage to cross paths.

The Mutant Misfits: the mutants that don't fit in with the others because they have neither human nor animal traits. Snakeweed, Mutagen Man/Seymour Gutz, Muckman, and Joe Eyeball

"The Swampers" (can never decide on their name). Leatherhead joins this group in as an farther-away-from-home family order to acclimate to being the Earthling that he is rather than cling to his alien foster family. The Punk Frogs are part of the group, joined by SpiderBites, maybe Scumbag, Ace Duck, a raccoon, and a possum and her eight children.
I like the idea of different mutant groups with different agendas.

One thing that I think was a misued opportunity was Titanus and his group. would have been better villains than dregg.
Vegita-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2016, 01:24 PM   #26
Zak The Neutrino
Stone Warrior

Either IDW or Mirage as an animated series.
Old 09-23-2016, 05:20 AM   #27
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by pferreira View Post
I would say just reboot the Fred Wolf series but keep it in the style you suggested.
2012 is as close to that it can bee.
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2016, 05:48 AM   #28
myconius
Abby Normal

Location: the grave marked "Unknown" right beside Arch Stanton.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zak The Neutrino View Post
Either IDW or Mirage as an animated series.
i still REALLY want both of these!!!

i don't see it ever happening, but it'd still be pretty awesome!
Old 09-23-2016, 05:49 AM   #29
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Overlord

Archie

Quote:
Originally Posted by myconius View Post
i still REALLY want both of these!!!

i don't see it ever happening, but it'd still be pretty awesome!
Or maybe Archie?
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2016, 01:50 PM   #30
Jephael
That whack job behind you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Original TMNT Cartoon Fan View Post
Or maybe Archie?
See my idea on the first page, dude.

www.jephael.com
Jephael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2016, 02:58 PM   #31
Ninjinister
無問題

The Turtles are no longer taught by a mutant rat named Splinter, but instead a mutant gorilla.

Called Harambe.
Old 09-23-2016, 03:06 PM   #32
ToTheNines
[sic]

Hilarious. So edgy and topical.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2016, 03:17 PM   #33
Powder
So tired of this place

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjinister View Post
The Turtles are no longer taught by a mutant rat named Splinter, but instead a mutant gorilla.

Called Harambe.
Aaaaaand there goes my respect for you.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2016, 03:38 PM   #34
Ninjinister
無問題

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToTheNines View Post
Hilarious. So edgy and topical.
Harambe is all of us, man.

Nobody knew who he was until someone thought he was doing the wrong thing. And then they killed him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
Aaaaaand there goes my respect for you.
Well good. I wasn't aware anyone still held onto any of that.
Old 09-29-2016, 03:45 PM   #35
shredder orokusaki
Mad Scientist

A show where i will kill the turtles in first epidoses and then it will be about me fighting other bad guys and conquering the world! I will have mutant henchmen like Tiger Claw Rocksteady and Bebop. Krang will be a utrom that came to earth after his planet got destroyed and now he allies with me o take over the world! No turtles no Splinter no April and Casey or Karai! Just me and my foot ninja army! A series about the Foot Clan! That will be the best show!
Old 09-29-2016, 04:02 PM   #36
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by shredder orokusaki View Post
A show where i will kill the turtles in first epidoses and then it will be about me fighting other bad guys and conquering the world! I will have mutant henchmen like Tiger Claw Rocksteady and Bebop. Krang will be a utrom that came to earth after his planet got destroyed and now he allies with me o take over the world! No turtles no Splinter no April and Casey or Karai! Just me and my foot ninja army! A series about the Foot Clan! That will be the best show!
Old 10-01-2016, 11:47 AM   #37
Tetsu Deinonychus
The Iron Dinosaur

For me it would be an animated mixture of Mirage and Archie.

It would be mostly based on Mirage, but with some of the more memorable Archie elements (Turnstone saga, Stump Wrestling, Future Shark Trilogy, Null, etc.) that always deserved to be animated, shoehorned into the storyline as well.

The animation would be 2D with well used cel-shaded 3D elements blended in. The art style would be similar to 4Kids, but with more shading and detail.
Tetsu Deinonychus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2016, 09:54 AM   #38
2K3
Foot Soldier

My Ideal TMNT show would have:
  • The maturity of Mirage and IDW Comics
  • The story arc structure of the 2K3 series

The number "4" would play a major occurrence, not just as the number of Turtles, but:
  1. The main antagonists (Shredder, Krang, Bishop and Null)
  2. The Mutant Foot Henchmen (Bebop, Rocksteady, Koya and Bludgeon)
  3. The Turtles main allies (April, Casey, Angel/ Nobody and Vernon)
  4. The main alien nations of Dimension X (The Utroms, Neutrinos, Triceratons and Malignoids)

Major arcs would include (though tweaked a bit);
  • Mirage's "Turtles in Space", "Northampton", "Return to New York" and "City at War"
  • 2K3's "Space Invaders/ World's Collide", "Mutant Outbreak"
  • Adventures "Terracide" and "The Future Shark Trilogy"

Here's how my origin goes (Note, some of this backstory would be revealed later as the series progressed):

Decades ago….
Dimension X is crumbling in a civil war between 4 major factions; the Utrom Empire, the Neutrino Federation, the Triceraton Republic, and the Malignoid Hive-Mind. This war has resulted in the near-extinction of the Malignoids and their colonies; the destruction of the Utrom Home-World (due to the late Utrom King Quanin sucking the “life ooze” out of the planet’s core) and certain alien tribes (such as the Stone Soliders of Hirobyl) becoming servants or slaves to these powerful dictators.
All that changed when a Neutrino Scientist Prof. Honeycutt accidently created a Trans-dimensional portal (an accident that made him into the Fugitoid). He was captured by the new Utrom ruler Krang, and locked in his citadel. Krang decided he was done with Dimension X, and by using the portal he’d find new worlds to conqueror. Finding himself in 1930s New York, and sets to work establishing a long game which result in a new “Utromion” on Earth.
15 Years ago…
Led by the Ancient One, a secret ninja clan known only as the Foot Clan has travelled over to New York to visit its local branch. Among them are Hamato Yoshi and Oroku Saki, both highly regarded to be the next in line as chunin of the clan. While at New York dojo, Yoshi falls in love with Tang Shen, and decides to stay in New York (where he and Shen ending up buying a rat called Splinter in the Chinatown district).
Due Yoshi cutting ties with the Japan branch, the role of chunin is handed over to a frustrated Saki, who doesn’t feel like he’s earned the title. To make matters worse, he learns through the Foot Mystic Kitsune that his father Oroku Nagi was killed years ago by the Ancient One (over some unknown dispute). So during the wedding ceremony between Yoshi and Shen, Saki and several loyal followers attack the dojo, killing the Ancient One and making his claim as leader of the entire Foot Clan. This results in a battle between Yoshi and Saki, in which Tang Shen is killed in the scuffle, Saki receives a facial scar and Yoshi is mortally wounded. Escaping from his pursuers and carrying nothing but Splinter in his cage, Yoshi limps towards the nearest hospital. However, he collapses in the middle of a road and causes a TCRI van to serve off the road (causing several canisters to spill out onto the street). Splinter’s cage breaks and a young boy’s pet turtles are lost in the chaos; it’s a miracle no-one was hurt. When the police and ambulance service arrive, it’s too late to save Yoshi, who dies from his wounds. Splinter ends up in the sewers, where he finds the 4 lost turtles playing in a pool of mutagen, oozing from a mysterious canister.

From here, the normal history follows (Splinter finds Turtles, mutates with them, teaches them ninjitsu and names them after Tang Shen’s love of Renaissance Art) and Splinter tries to keep the Turtles and himself save… far from the outside world…

So... what do you all think?

Last edited by 2K3; 10-09-2016 at 10:18 AM.
2K3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2016, 11:54 AM   #39
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zak The Neutrino View Post
Mirage as an animated series.
You got that almost 20 years ago.
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2016, 12:42 PM   #40
neatoman
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZariusTwo View Post
You got that almost 20 years ago.
You mean the 4Kids show? Well, it gets about as close as you can realistically get for a children's show, but it still took some pretty big liberties when you get right down to it.

If you want to get even closer, while still being a kids' show, you'd have to do the following things different from the 4Kids show:
  1. No characters or stories that were not in Mirage.
  2. No added twists or alternative interpetations, such as an Utrom Shredder or Karai as his daughter
  3. Adapt the stories in the original order or at least don't forge any new connections

Obviously the network wouldn't really allow the violence and would still insist on including toys, but it's still technically possible to produce a kids' show closer to the Mirage comics than what 4Kids did.
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote