The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Old 02-20-2018, 02:42 AM   #1
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

Will Rise get a new Mutant Duo or just re-use old ones?

Ever since the Original Cartoon, there have always been a villanous duo of Mutants in most of the tmnt media, ranging all the way from Bebop and Rocksteady in the Original Cartoon to Dogpound and Fishface in the Nick toon.

So, with Rise on the way, do you think we will get an entirely new Mutant duo or just use old staples like Bebop and Rocksteady, or just use both like the Nick show did?

If you pick new, what do you think the New Mutant Duo might be? Me personally, I think there will most likely be something like a Lion and a Gorilla wich has never exactly been properly implemented before in any of the shows but has a precedent in the toyline and has been considered before in canon (Planet of the Turtleoids).

Shredder could've done more than blow up the Channel Six building. I don't mean as far as murdering Splinter, but think of the possibilities if censors were not an issue.

Shredder and Krang combined had the biggest arsenal of any villains in all of the cartoons.
FredWolfLeonardo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2018, 03:14 AM   #2
neatoman
Emperor

A mutant duo isn't really essential and I don't immediately assume it'll be a thing, why would you assume it'll have one? Besides, even if it was an expected part of the formula, Rise's main thing seems to be breaking formula so far.
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2018, 09:44 AM   #3
PApagreg
Mad Scientist

I hope its new and I hope they are mutants in a sense they are basically humanoid with augment abilities or they are like the human Chimera soldiers from FMA where they can transform at will.
Old 02-20-2018, 12:14 PM   #4
shredder orokusaki
Mad Scientist

I will have a cat and a lion mutant. I will also have 2 Huns. One fat Hun like the 2003 and IDW and one like the 2012 Hun. As you see my henchmen will be both humans and mutants this time and not only humans like in 2003 or only mutants like in 2012 and 1987 series .
Old 02-20-2018, 01:33 PM   #5
neatoman
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by shredder orokusaki View Post
I will have a cat and a lion mutant. I will also have 2 Huns. One fat Hun like the 2003 and IDW and one like the 2012 Hun. As you see my henchmen will be both humans and mutants this time and not only humans like in 2003 or only mutants like in 2012 and 1987 series .
You know, when your role playing makes no sense, I think it's time to stop.
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2018, 01:34 PM   #6
Shellington
Foot Soldier

The 2012 cartoon had a new mutant duo (Fishface and Dogpound) and an old mutant duo (Bebop and Rocksteady).

I won't mind if this show can manage that feat again.
"And we're teenagers." Mikey, the Teenager
Shellington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2018, 02:36 PM   #7
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

Me personally, I just want one of the more obscure Mutant duos like Groundchuck and Dirtbag to be brought back and become mainstream characters.

I'd neither want a new duo everytime which would just add to an already long list of mutant duos we've had nor would I want Bebop and Rocksteady to be done for the 6th time.

Shredder could've done more than blow up the Channel Six building. I don't mean as far as murdering Splinter, but think of the possibilities if censors were not an issue.

Shredder and Krang combined had the biggest arsenal of any villains in all of the cartoons.
FredWolfLeonardo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2018, 05:28 PM   #8
victory_angel
Foot Elite

I don’t recall there being a mutant duo in the 2k3 version. The closest to a duo was Usagi and Gen and they were more characters from an alternate universe rather then mutants. So mutant Duos aren’t really that essential in the scheme of the the Turtles universe, its more that some characters who happen to be mutants do form a partnership in their efforts against the Turtles.
Old 02-20-2018, 05:43 PM   #9
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by victory_angel View Post
I don’t recall there being a mutant duo in the 2k3 version.
There wasn't, but Hun and Baxter were basically treated as Shredder's "minions" in the 2k3 series in literally the same fashion as mutant duos, especially in Seasons 1-3.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2018, 01:37 PM   #10
Metalwolf
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shellington View Post
The 2012 cartoon had a new mutant duo (Fishface and Dogpound) and an old mutant duo (Bebop and Rocksteady).

I won't mind if this show can manage that feat again.
The old mutant duo replaced the new mutant duo, who were just about relegated to the sidelines.

If they have a new mutant duo, I really hope they get to stay in the spotlight this time, because we do need some fresh new faces.
Metalwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2018, 01:50 PM   #11
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

I would give a strong "probably".

And while on the subject, I'm a little disappointed that writers have never used the New York environment to their advantage and made something like a raccoon & possum duo. Or replacing one of those with a skunk.

...But on second thought, raccoon & possum would spare us being choked on on "haha skunks smell bad fart jokes here we come"

The possum might have to be female to work in a "carry stuff in pouch" advantage, which could be cool.
Old 02-21-2018, 05:25 PM   #12
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
There wasn't, but Hun and Baxter were basically treated as Shredder's "minions" in the 2k3 series in literally the same fashion as mutant duos, especially in Seasons 1-3.
Baxter Stockman (pre-mutilation) and the Purple Dragons in the 4 Kids series are more independent fractions, sometimes hired by Shredder.
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2018, 01:55 PM   #13
shredder orokusaki
Mad Scientist

I will have a new mutant duo but also all previous ones and also Hun and Stockman.