The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Current Events

Notices

Old 04-06-2017, 10:21 PM   #21
plastroncafe
PerfectlyTunedFightEngine

Quote:
Originally Posted by PApagreg View Post
Its not but do you have proof its Syrian rebels or any citations.
Proof? We're in a post-evidence world! People don't need proof!
Not when one can just say something did/didn't happen.

That's the issue with Trump going in guns blazing.
That he's being goaded into pulling stupid American Cowboy crap is just...it's not a good sign.
And it wouldn't be a good sign regardless of who was in the Oval Office.
It's be a terrible sign if it was Sanders doing this too.

Though, I have a hard time believing a lot of stuff that's come out of the Oval recently would do so if Sanders were in there.
Then again...maybe it would. We'll never know.
So your wants and needs as a fan should outweigh everyone else's?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabacooza View Post
There's no sense catering just to one demographic which is idiotic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
just ignore what you don't like rather than obsessing over it and move on with your life.
plastroncafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2017, 10:22 PM   #22
snake
Disgusting

Quote:
Originally Posted by PApagreg View Post
Its not but do you have proof its Syrian rebels or any citations.
Assad was winning the war and had no reason to use chemical weapons on his own people. It literally had 0 benefit for him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qr_ByQH2QY0&t=5s

On the flipside, give me proof Assad did it.
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2017, 10:34 PM   #23
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

In retrospect, I should not have been surprised that this thread became another Snake versus Plastroncafe battle.

Oedipus Complex versus Cougar!

I love you both too much to watch... please, someone, think of the not-yet-middle-aged-man who adores you both.
Old 04-06-2017, 10:40 PM   #24
plastroncafe

Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
In retrospect, I should not have been surprised that this thread became another Snake versus Plastroncafe battle.

Oedipus Complex versus Cougar!

I love you both too much to watch... please, someone, think of the not-yet-middle-aged-man who adores you both.
Oh you smooth talker, you.
Quote:
Quote:
just ignore what you don't like rather than obsessing over it and move on with your life.
Old 04-06-2017, 10:40 PM   #25
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Two and a half months in and this already. Gonna be a fun four years...

I suppose followers of his that are warmongers can at least now claim he finally did something. Something beyond twitter rants and failing at other things.

Also, he may have given orders to do it, but I bet Fox News told him to.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2017, 10:47 PM   #26
plastroncafe

Maybe if we're really lucky that Random Guy From Youtube will get a big enough following for the White House to take notice, and he could get an advisory position.
Quote:
Quote:
Old 04-07-2017, 01:44 AM   #27
ProactiveMan
Spooky ghost

Great. It's Saddam Hussein all over again. He used chemical weapons so let's carpet bomb the country for a few years, then invade. Then it's like "Gee, where did all these refugees come from all of a sudden?"

I'm not trying to downplay the gas attack, but the missiles are going to kill a lot more people.
Old 04-07-2017, 05:58 AM   #28
ToTheNines
[sic]

Quote:
Originally Posted by snake View Post
Looks like Trump is going back on his "America First" policy.

I feel like a fool, honestly.Trump LIED to his supporters about being focused on his own country and not making America the World Police again. I guess he was just another globalist puppet. It was going to happen no matter who won the vote, but this is such a terrible move. Looks like we're back to cuckservative central America.

The best case scenario here is we flex enough muscle to show that we shouldn't be tested. Worst case? WW3.
Well you didn't actually vote for him, so your conscious can be clean there.

I kinda fail to see how this is a "globalist conspiracy". Seems more Neo-conny to me. Kicking brown people ass, just for the hell of it.

You are right that he's mostly a puppet though. Some combination of Priebus/Pence/Bannon is absolutely telling him what to do. Just look at his cabinet. He was allowed to throw a bone to a few of his bootlicking campaign cheerleaders, but the rest have been actual conservatives who were highly critical of him. No way that thin skinned puss wanted any of them.

Quote:
I don't put the blame entirely on Trump. Like I said, I'm pretty sure he's a puppet of the deep state globalists that control our country. These are the same sh*ts who put us in Iraq. We're never gonna get out of the f*cking desert.
We're mainly in the Middle East for oil. Watch the documentary "The Burden", crazy stuff. Basically if we pulled out 100 percent, oil would go up to like 8 dollars a gallon. But at the same time, we wouldn't be spending billions of our tax payer dollars to keep things under control over there.

Hasn't Trump rambled on before about stealing other countries oil?

Quote:
You should be all over this anyways- we're shutting down the "big bad Assad" and going to take in a bunch of D I V E R S E refugees!
That was surely the narrative before today. Now that Trump did something, it's the WORST THING EVER

Quote:
I'm fine with bombing the sh*t out of ISIS.
No. That **** always ends with civilian casualties. It basically just does the ISIS recruiters' jobs for them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by plastroncafe View Post
It's funny though, one of the loudest anti-Clinton chants I heard prior to the election was how much of a Hawk she was, and how ANYONE else wouldn't start something.
Johnson or Stein wouldn't have. Too bad all y'all Hillary supports just wasted your votes on bolstering the two-party system.

Snark aside, you're right about Congress having to approve this kind of stuff. Except all the R's and your precious, perfect D's signed the AUMF back in 2001. So of course Bush abused it, but so did The Chosen One, instead of fixing it. I thought he had a degree in Constitutional law? Hmm....

But it's weird and troubling that none of the non-interventionist members of Congress have tried to fix it after all these years. I'd say it's time.

Also, gonna leave this here. Not that we didn't know that Donald was a lying, hypocritical oaf, but:
Spoiler:

ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2017, 08:03 AM   #29
plastroncafe

You're right, Johnson or Stein wouldn't do this. But that's mostly because they'll never see the inside of the Oval Office. Not so long as we have the Electoral College choosing our president

Here's to hoping the majority party of no actually gets up off their ass and does something for the first time in 10 years.

We all deserve very than that.
Quote:
Quote:

Last edited by plastroncafe; 04-07-2017 at 08:08 AM.
Old 04-07-2017, 09:11 AM   #30
ToTheNines
[sic]

So only 23 of the 50 missiles hit the target. 4 Syrian soldiers were killed, 6 planes, a hangar and 1 runway were destroyed.

Here's Hillary being all about it: http://www.cnn.com/2017/04/06/politi...n-syria-assad/

Cuck Schumer loves it, along with the establishment Rs: http://abcnews.go.com/International/...ry?id=46639533

Quote:
You're right, Johnson or Stein wouldn't do this. But that's mostly because they'll never see the inside of the Oval Office. Not so long as we have the Electoral College choosing our president
You blame the Electoral College, I blame the Democrat and Republican collusion in rigging the debate commission. Maybe we're both right.

That being said, an all around failure for any candidate to reach 270 electoral votes forces the vote to the House. Maybe that could have saved us from Trump.
Old 04-07-2017, 09:22 AM   #31
plastroncafe

You have way more faith in Congress than I do.
Which is funny, all things considered.

As for what Clinton thinks?
Who cares. She's not in a position of power, but rather a private citizen like the rest of us. She's allowed to have what ever opinion she wants.

The time has long since past for people to be pointing fingers at her.
This is what we've got, it's time to hold the people in power accountable, anything else is a diversionary tactic.
Quote:
Quote:
Old 04-07-2017, 09:33 AM   #32
ToTheNines
[sic]

Quote:
You have way more faith in Congress than I do.
Which is funny, all things considered.
Lol, touche. Still, he had a lot of opposition from his own party, many Reps. never endorsed him. And even the ones who decided to kiss the ring would have loved to stab him in the back.

Quote:
As for what Clinton thinks?
Who cares. She's not in a position of power, but rather a private citizen like the rest of us. She's allowed to have what ever opinion she wants.
You're right. I just personally think this was inevitable between the Giant Douche and the Turd Sandwich.

Quote:
This is what we've got, it's time to hold the people in power accountable, anything else is a diversionary tactic.
From a Trump supporter, perhaps. I'm just trying to point out that a lot of hacks in Washington think this **** is ok. It's not.
Old 04-07-2017, 09:47 AM   #33
plastroncafe

Where as what I've been saying is: Because we aren't able to look down the other leg of the Trousers of Time, there's no way to know for certain that a war with Syria was a Fixed Point.

Speculating is a waste of time.
This is all on Trump and the GOP. They're the ones with the keys to the castle.
Which is even more horrifying given that the GOP admitted on the record that they don't know how to legislate, because they've been the Party of No for so long.

And of course a lot of folks in Washington think this is a good idea.
There's a lot of money to be made in war. And a lot of scandal that needs folks to look away from before it can be swept under the rug.

The fact remains that the people of Syria are dying, and our country can apparently afford to lob bombs at them, but not much else.
Which is par for the course, if you look back at how we've treated others in that part of the world we promised we'd help.

America always has been, and apparently always will be, a country with a short attention span no long game.
Quote:
Quote:
Old 04-08-2017, 10:40 AM   #34
Spike Spiegel
See You Next Mission

Apparently some elements of Trump's hardcore fan base are less than happy with him:

The Alt-Right Has Found A New Cuck To Hate: It’s Donald Trump

Syria missile attack sparks tremors on Trump train

Some of Trump’s biggest supporters are furious about his strikes in Syria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryomancer View Post
Mirage [is]...a comic about life and how life and the people closest to you just absolutely suck sometimes. It's "adult" in a very real sense, in that it deals with heavy themes that resonate more with adults, not that it's full of blood and titties or whatever.
Quote:
Originally Posted by d_osborn View Post
[TMNT 1990 director Steve] Barron recognized the early Mirage issues as perfect storyboards. It's a shame no other filmmaker has.
Spike Spiegel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2017, 02:06 PM   #35
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
America always has been, and apparently always will be, a country with a short attention span no long game.
We remember as far back as one previous Presidential administration and that's it. And that will never change.
Old 04-08-2017, 03:34 PM   #36
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spike Spiegel View Post
Didn't see that coming miles months away. Not at all. Never. Nope. Nada.

Maybe non-Trump people (esp those on the right due to less political bias, but still said 'hell no') who trusted their gut instincts about this man had a point...?

I'm just surprised he managed to disappoint so soon.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2017, 04:15 PM   #37
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Geez, my FB has been blowing with people taking turns sucking Trump's dick, saying it's about time he shows America isn't one to **** with and that unlike Obama, he has balls and blah blah the **** blah. There's reports that the Syrians are happy for the bombings. I'm worried about retaliation. You don't get bombed and stay quiet about it.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/

Last edited by Coola Yagami; 04-08-2017 at 06:43 PM.
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2017, 06:10 PM   #38
Prowler
Emperor

The whole conflict in Syria is a flipping mess. So many factions are fighting there and we should be more wary of the so called "moderate rebels". We've seen this movie countless times. USA, Russia, UK, France, wtv. get involved in the Middle East, arm a certain group of rebels... then years later those rebels bite the hand that feeds them and become the new bad guys. Remember when Saddam and Bin Laden were friends with USA? It's cyclical.
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2017, 06:03 AM   #39
ToTheNines
[sic]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spike Spiegel View Post
I'm surprised to see so many people sticking to their guns. Normally, ideologies just shift with whatever Our Guy does. I really thought this crop odd of nationalists that popped up in the past few years were only beating their chests in opposition to Obama. Even if I can't agree with them, I can respect the consistency.

I had to reply to some of retards in that Fox article (second one). I got banned after 3 posts lol.
Old 04-09-2017, 10:19 AM   #40
plastroncafe

Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
We remember as far back as one previous Presidential administration and that's it. And that will never change.
More's the pity.

I found this breakdown of the situation leading up to where we are now, pretty helpful:
"This 6-minute history of the Syrian Civil War is required watching for anyone hoping to put Thursday's strike in context." - Ezra Klein

Take of it what you will.
Quote:
Quote: