The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 11-30-2018, 03:06 PM   #341
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
That means that terrible second season is the last we'll see of Jessica Jones, too!
Nope, season 3 already filmed. Just that and Punisher season 2 is all we'll get out of Netflix.
Andrew NDB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2018, 04:08 PM   #342
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

So do you guys think Daredevil (2015) is on another long wait or is it truly over despite the popularity and ratings? This has to be Disney going elsewhere with its streaming. I cannot imagine any other reason.
Old 11-30-2018, 04:10 PM   #343
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeandRaph87 View Post
So do you guys think Daredevil (2015) is on another long wait or is it truly over despite the popularity and ratings? This has to be Disney going elsewhere with its streaming. I cannot imagine any other reason.
And apparently they said as much a while back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Seems pretty clear to me. Disney now has a majority stake in Hulu. They're starting Disney+ for relatively family stuff. So... they raise the licensing fees on their properties to Netflix through the roof to sour the milk, then re-release them all together on Hulu when Netflix is forced to "cancel" them.

There's no way there was 4 thriving critically acclaimed series a year ago, even a spinoff, and suddenly everything -- especially Daredevil -- is getting canned because of ratings. FAKE news.
Old 11-30-2018, 04:17 PM   #344
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Quote:
And apparently they said as much a while back.
I take you believe it will migrate elsewhere? Two years five months between season 2 and 3 so it will not be unusual. Too bad I already burned through all 13 episodes of season 3.
Old 11-30-2018, 05:31 PM   #345
AquaParade
Banned

Ya know, my first instinct was to say that Marvel should just let the film universe stand-alone from the television series, and recast Matt Damon as Daredevil so we can finally see him in the MCU proper.

But ya know what I really want?

An animated Daredevil series for adult audiences.
Think a mix of HBO's Spawn and Batman: TAS. Something that maintains the dark and gritty atmosphere of the comic book and Netflix series, but covered in style. Silky smooth animation, Top-notch voice acting (Hell let the Netflix actors reprise their roles), innovative effects (think what they could do with that Matt's radar-sense).

I think that's the next logical step for Daredevil outside of the comics.
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2018, 05:35 PM   #346
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Imagine how crazy folks would go and how weird it would be if they cancel Punisher, too... but renewed Jessica Jones for season 4.
Old 11-30-2018, 05:35 PM   #347
Storm Eagle
Saved by

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaParade View Post

Freaks and Geeks was such a treat. I actually didn't even discover it until a four or five years ago, but I've re-watched the series a few times.

I think you'll enjoy the last season of Daredevil. I'm not exactly sure what you look for in a series-finale, but I can't recall any major loose-ends and I found it to be fantastic, overall.
I'm just hoping the unintended series finale doesn't leave a lot of questions to be asked, and just has many things resolved in a satisfactory manner. Anyway I still need to watch The Punisher as well, as well as a lot of other things on Netflix. Also, as much as I look forward to the upcoming new seasons of Voltron: Legendary Defender and Fuller House, it's just more on my plate.

I knew about Freaks and Geeks when it was active, but never really watched it although I was a little interested. Having a job back then that required me to work on Saturdays didn't help, even though I remember somehow catching a bit of one of the episodes. I finally gave the whole series a shot a year after it came out on DVD. After I rented the DVDs, I enjoyed it enough to buy my own DVD set, and I still find it to be money well spent.
Storm Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2018, 05:43 PM   #348
AquaParade
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storm Eagle View Post
I'm just hoping the unintended series finale doesn't leave a lot of questions to be asked, and just has many things resolved in a satisfactory manner. Anyway I still need to watch The Punisher as well, as well as a lot of other things on Netflix. Also, as much as I look forward to the upcoming new seasons of Voltron: Legendary Defender and Fuller House, it's just more on my plate.

I knew about Freaks and Geeks when it was active, but never really watched it for some reason although I was a little interested. I finally gave it a shot a year after it came out on DVD. After I rented the DVDs, I enjoyed it enough to buy my own DVD set, and I still find it to be money well spent.
To further touch on Daredevil season 3, without spoiling anything:

I'd say everything is wrapped up pretty well. Most television series I've watched always want to leave a little carrot hanging so you have a reason to check back, but I can't think of any actual loose ends. It picks up a lot of plot points from DD season 2 and Defenders, and essentially resolves them as far as I could tell. I don't have everything memorized, but I understand your fear and I didn't have any issue with the matter.

Really, I'd say the three seasons, plus "Defenders", really work well together and feel like a completed package, overall. Maybe someone else can chime in on that though.

Freaks and Geeks - I couldn't believe how ahead of it's time that show was when I finally watched it. Some of the storylines seemed very thoughtful and willing to go places most other shows wouldn't.

My favorite part is probably the episode where James Franco's character recites that self-pity monologue for sympathy, it works, and you find out it's more or less all an act, by the end of the episode, when he recites the very same monologue to someone else
Old 11-30-2018, 05:55 PM   #349
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
I'd say everything is wrapped up pretty well. Most television series I've watched always want to leave a little carrot hanging so you have a reason to check back, but I can't think of any actual loose ends. It picks up a lot of plot points from DD season 2 and Defenders, and essentially resolves them as far as I could tell.
Pretty much, come to think of it. And it resets the status quo back to exactly where it was at the end of season 1, everything. Only things I can think of are the mysteries of the fates of Madam Gowe and Elektra... but those aren't mysteries that are really exclusive to Daredevil.
Old 11-30-2018, 05:55 PM   #350
Storm Eagle
Saved by

Quote:
To further touch on Daredevil season 3, without spoiling anything:

I'd say everything is wrapped up pretty well. Most television series I've watched always want to leave a little carrot hanging so you have a reason to check back, but I can't think of any actual loose ends. It picks up a lot of plot points from DD season 2 and Defenders, and essentially resolves them as far as I could tell. I don't have everything memorized, but I understand your fear and I didn't have any issue with the matter.

Really, I'd say the three seasons, plus "Defenders", really work well together and feel like a completed package, overall. Maybe someone else can chime in on that though.

Well then I guess I may not be disappointed whenever I check out the recent Daredevil season. I've also got Defenders in my queue, and I haven't watched a lick of that. I swear I will one day.
Storm Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2018, 06:40 PM   #351
AquaParade
Banned

I'd be all over a "Compelte Daredevil Series" box set. As long as it came in a slick packaging made with TLC, such as the recent B:TAS blu ray set, I'd pre-order day 1.

It should contain Seasons 1-3 as well as Defenders, but even if it left Defenders out, I'd still pick it up, if the quality was there. These days, if I'm going to buy physical media, it has to score points in the "presentation" category. This show deserves that type of quality.
Old 12-01-2018, 10:24 AM   #352
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

https://www.cbr.com/netflixs-cancele...s-disney-plus/

So if Marvel Cinema executives want nothing to do with Marvel TV executives then Hulu for Daredevil at the very least?

This week sucks and the only non-Spider-Man projects I care about get dragged through the mud with GotG in development hell and now this.
Old 12-01-2018, 04:45 PM   #353
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeandRaph87 View Post
https://www.cbr.com/netflixs-cancele...s-disney-plus/

So if Marvel Cinema executives want nothing to do with Marvel TV executives then Hulu for Daredevil at the very least?

This week sucks and the only non-Spider-Man projects I care about get dragged through the mud with GotG in development hell and now this.
This is the kind of reason why I don't bother watching Marvel TV Shows on Netflix or Hulu. They make references to what happened in the MCU. But the MCU movies ignore the TV shows. Like they don't exist. So why bother watching these shows if Marvel TV and Marvel Studios can't get along.

Now Marvel Studios is developing TV Shows strictly for the Disney+ service. and these shows will be produced by the Marvel Studios people. So they are making these on there own terms.

Disney+ does not want any of the Netflix Marvel TV Characters. If they were to do them down the line. They would get recast and start all over again. Plus these shows will be family friendly.
Old 12-01-2018, 04:52 PM   #354
sdp
Megan Fox = April

In a way these tv shows have now tainted these awesome characters from ever getting a real MCU appearance since they are now tainted. They can't reboot them "in the MCU" since all the fans of these shows will only complain and it'll be a hassle and we already know they don't care to reference the shows because they never did and always treated them like they weren't related even when asked during interviews.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2018, 04:57 PM   #355
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Season 3 already has a legit and cheap DVD purchase. Yet season 1 never got the proper DVD release just a high end Blue-Ray treatment.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Brand-New-S...53.m2749.l2649
Old 12-01-2018, 05:07 PM   #356
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
In a way these tv shows have now tainted these awesome characters from ever getting a real MCU appearance since they are now tainted. They can't reboot them "in the MCU" since all the fans of these shows will only complain and it'll be a hassle and we already know they don't care to reference the shows because they never did and always treated them like they weren't related even when asked during interviews.
Exactly. The MCU even ignores that Agent Coulson is alive in the TV Shows. Agent Coulson is still considered dead in the MCU. Though he'll appear in Captain Marvel. But as a younger version.
Old 12-01-2018, 06:21 PM   #357
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerClaw View Post
Exactly. The MCU even ignores that Agent Coulson is alive in the TV Shows. Agent Coulson is still considered dead in the MCU. Though he'll appear in Captain Marvel. But as a younger version.
Good. That fvcker needs to stay dead!
Old 12-02-2018, 12:36 AM   #358
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerClaw View Post
Exactly. The MCU even ignores that Agent Coulson is alive in the TV Shows. Agent Coulson is still considered dead in the MCU.
Considered dead because he's never announced it. Coulson is alive in the MCU, sorry.
Old 12-13-2018, 07:57 AM   #359
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

https://io9.gizmodo.com/netflixs-mar...1831056170/amp

Two years between seasons is not new for Daredevil, but perhaps the nail in the coffin for Charlie Cox's iteration. Its just, Daredevil is a comic I tried to read, but cant get into him unless he is guest starring in a Spider-Man story. That proves just how good it is!
MikeandRaph87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2019, 07:36 PM   #360
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

https://www.savedaredevil.com/write-to-marvel

Doubt it will give us back our show, but I am for it. Tell your friends.
MikeandRaph87 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
daredevil