The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Old 08-05-2016, 05:50 PM   #1041
Bobby Curnow
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

This is the first i'm hearing of any of that so... anything is possible, but since no one has talked to me about it, probably unlikely.

Something like the TMNT Adventures intergalactic wrestling tournament is the first thing that comes into my head.
Bobby Curnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2016, 07:21 PM   #1042
Ninjinister
無問題

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby Curnow View Post
This is the first i'm hearing of any of that so... anything is possible, but since no one has talked to me about it, probably unlikely.

Something like the TMNT Adventures intergalactic wrestling tournament is the first thing that comes into my head.
Those costumes were the best.
Old 08-05-2016, 10:02 PM   #1043
Panda_Kahn_fan
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMNTChris1980 View Post
Not so much a question, more of a proposal for something I think would sell fairly well.

Have you guys ever thought about doing re-releases of the first IDW issues (or key IDW issues) by some of the Mirage artists? I think Lawson, Talbot, Berger, Dooney, Farley, Lavigne, etc. could do some really cool stuff with it.

So what do you guys think? IDW TMNT Issue #1 Re-Mastered/Re-Mixed by Lawson and Talbot.
I don't mean to speak badly about someone else's post or ideas... but this doesn't feel right to me. Like those idiots who like to paint red bandanas on all the turtles in a comic book to make it 'mirage', this feels like somebody is defacing an artist's art just to make it fit their narrow minded and selfish vision of TMNT. No offense to anyone, but let each turtle thing be it's own thing.

I know the re-done issue idea comes from just being passionate about the Mirage comics, so it's not bad or wrong or anything, it just doesn't feel right to me.

IDW is the best version of TMNT

If they make a TMNT reboot movie retelling the shredder battle/origin, I won't buy a ticket.

Last edited by Panda_Kahn_fan; 08-05-2016 at 10:15 PM.
Panda_Kahn_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2016, 04:26 PM   #1044
coreyrc87
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panda_Kahn_fan View Post
I know the re-done issue idea comes from just being passionate about the Mirage comics, so it's not bad or wrong or anything, it just doesn't feel right to me.
I agree here... That said, having Lawson, Talbot, Lavigne, or some of the old Tales of the TMNT guys do an issue/arc/micro/TMNTU arc for the new stuff, THAT on the other hand, would be pretty dang cool!
Old 08-07-2016, 12:47 PM   #1045
TMNTChris1980
Stone Warrior

Quote:
I think it's a fun idea, but I have doubts that it would sell well. A bit too much of a niche within a niche. In the comic book world TMNT does well, but is not a blockbuster compared to some Marvel/DC title. So you take that segment, TMNT fans, and you divide it by the long time fans who follow the Mirage guys and know who they are. Then you take those fans and see who would be interested in seeing them re-do an IDW story (there's a portion of Mirage fans who aren't interested in IDW stuff). Overall I don't think that's a whole lot of people, comparatively.
Bobby thanks for the feedback, I sincerely appreciate your time and response.
TMNTChris1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2016, 06:29 PM   #1046
Lord Nightwalker
Stone Warrior

Hello Bobby, I was wondering have you guys ever considered doing a subscription service? Several times our local shop has run out of the handful they order, and I have to track them down. Sometimes it takes a bit. I try to order specifically through our local shop, but his hours and my work hours conflict terribly. A subscription service would be of use to myself and others in a similar scenario. I would be on board for that. Thank you for your time.
Lord Nightwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2016, 10:47 PM   #1047
Bobby Curnow
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

I think you can order comics online at the IDW website. You'll likely have to pay for shipping, so not as cheap, but that's an option if your local shop is out or your hours don't match up
Old 08-10-2016, 12:42 PM   #1048
ChosenOne
Banned

Have #61 and Universe #1 been delayed for some reason? They're not showing up on the list of releases for the next two weeks.
ChosenOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2016, 12:44 PM   #1049
Bobby Curnow
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

I don't think so, or at least I haven't heard anything. Should be the last two weeks of the month.
Old 08-10-2016, 12:47 PM   #1050
rich
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChosenOne View Post
Have #61 and Universe #1 been delayed for some reason? They're not showing up on the list of releases for the next two weeks.
Quote:
I don't think so, or at least I haven't heard anything. Should be the last two weeks of the month.
Bobby, #61 was originally solicited for Aug. 17 and TMNTU #1 for Aug. 24. Now, #61 shows Aug. 24 and TMNTU #1 is Aug. 31. If the TMNTU #1 date holds true it will be interesting to see what happens with the CO Springs Comic Con variant for that issue given that the Comic Con is Aug. 26-28.

rich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2016, 12:48 PM   #1051
coreyrc87
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by rich View Post
Bobby, #61 was originally solicited for Aug. 17 and TMNTU #1 for Aug. 24. Now, #61 shows Aug. 24 and TMNTU #1 is Aug. 31. If the TMNTU #1 date holds true it will be interesting to see what happens with the CO Springs Comic Con variant for that issue given that the Comic Con is Aug. 26-28.
The SDCC and SDCAG variants of #60 were available before the regular release, so maybe that'll be the case here as well?
Old 08-11-2016, 12:54 PM   #1052
rich
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by coreyrc87 View Post
The SDCC and SDCAG variants of #60 were available before the regular release, so maybe that'll be the case here as well?
Well, I would hope this would be the case but the #60 variants were for SDCC where IDW has a heavy presence. This variant is for Colorado Springs Comic Con and I'd bet there isn't the "urgency" to get those to Con attendees there...and without IDW presence.

Old 08-11-2016, 01:58 PM   #1053
coreyrc87
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by rich View Post
Well, I would hope this would be the case but the #60 variants were for SDCC where IDW has a heavy presence. This variant is for Colorado Springs Comic Con and I'd bet there isn't the "urgency" to get those to Con attendees there...and without IDW presence.
True... And con variants have definitely been delayed before (like the most recent Ottawa one, if I remember correctly... though I don't recall if that was for a similar reason or maybe something entirely different).
Old 08-11-2016, 02:00 PM   #1054
rich
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by coreyrc87 View Post
True... And con variants have definitely been delayed before (like the most recent Ottawa one, if I remember correctly... though I don't recall if that was for a similar reason or maybe something entirely different).
Murphy's Law dictates that since this is the first TMNT variant at a show local to me that it will not actually be at the show I've bought a ticket for.

Old 08-13-2016, 05:33 PM   #1055
turtlefanforever
Foot Elite

So

Reincarnation is present in IDW, have you played with the idea of killing one of the turtles off and bringing him back and someone/something else?
turtlefanforever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2016, 06:32 PM   #1056
Bobby Curnow
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

The honest and short answer is no. Something feels a little off about that, in my opinion, like it's a stunt.
Old 08-13-2016, 07:33 PM   #1057
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

The funny thing is, that's exactly what people thought happened with Donatello. Fugitoid declaring him "only mostly dead" in the next issue didn't help much either.

It's pretty clear where the concern is coming from, especially with that in mind.
Old 08-14-2016, 03:00 AM   #1058
neatoman
Emperor

Quote:
The honest and short answer is no. Something feels a little off about that, in my opinion, like it's a stunt.
If not one of the Turtles, have you ever thought about having any other characters reincarnate?
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2016, 02:40 PM   #1059
Bobby Curnow
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

No-- there's a very set and specific story that's being told with the Turtles/Splinter, and having other characters reincarnate doesn't really fit with that story. I mean, maybe one day, in some form, but... probably not.
Old 08-14-2016, 08:37 PM   #1060
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

It makes sense that the reincarnation would be limited to Splinter and the turtles, especially if their DNA was in the Ooze that mutated them.

Tags
bobby curnow, idw, idw's tmnt, questions, tom waltz