The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 11-05-2017, 02:09 AM   #21
Wildcat
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
Part of me would love to see a reunion but part of me thinks it's a bad idea, it would be like trying to recapture lightening in a bottle and I'm not sure they could pull it off. Like when they brought back Only Fool & Horses after making them millionaires. They had to break what was a perfect ending to try and recapture the old magic and they never quite succeeded. It seemed like a great idea to have 3 more episodes but once we got them most people wished they'd left it alone.
Well they’re all still young enough. The characters just moved apart due to getting married and such. So getting together again for an event or holiday or something is reason enough since they would have remained friends. There’s nothing difficult or weird to write around.

It doesn’t have to be a whole season. A TV movie or mini series would be good.
Old 11-05-2017, 06:14 AM   #22
Krutch
Like, stupid rich.

I see Smallville gets more love here than most other places. Respect
Krutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2017, 09:56 AM   #23
Wesley
Mad Scientist

I’d like to see closure and/or some loose ends tied up in the following shows:

Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles
Don’t trust the b in Apartment 23
Married with Children
Dollhouse

Last edited by Wesley; 11-05-2017 at 10:01 AM.
Wesley is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2017, 10:18 AM   #24
Leolead
Stone Warrior

Spectacular Spider-Man
Old 11-05-2017, 11:29 AM   #25
Metalwolf
Mad Scientist

Samurai Jack. Even the creator stated that he didn't get enough time to properly finish everything, although I will blame him for wasting time on some filler episodes/elements when he knew he had a time contraint. The biggest worry I would have though is if he would waste these three additional episodes on the Jashi stuff, in my opinion his focus on her ended up allowing some very big plot holes to creep through, and defy the logic and character of the show.

Spoiler:
Like the Priestess drinking Aku's essence to impregnate herself (creating Ashi and her sisters.) As some Youtuber wisely pointed out, consuming/absorbing any of Aku's essence wouldn't logically make you preggers, it should just turn you into a new Aku demon like it tried to do with Jack (and did with parts of the army in the last episode.) Logic would have the show imply the Priestess coupled with Aku to get preggers, not do something that makes you go 'Huh.' ( I mean it too. If they can have a blatant penis joke, they can imply a coupling.)

Captain N: The Game Master. I would add several episodes that finished up the plot hole of Kevin and co. sending Ganon through a warp zone. They just teleported the most dangerous and powerful entity in all of Videoland somewhere, and they never bother to find out where he got sent or if he even might possibly escape? Eggplant Wizard and that boxer King guy escaped, so could Ganon! At the end I would have Kevin return home, because he can't stay in Videoland forever. His parents probably think he's run away and gone missing. I would wonder though if he really would forget once he left, or if it was Lana's way of just keeping him there.

Last edited by Metalwolf; 11-05-2017 at 11:42 AM.
Metalwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2017, 11:45 AM   #26
NinjaPug
Foot Elite

Doug
Angel
Community
NinjaPug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2017, 12:00 PM   #27
ProphetofGanja
Dub Professor

Unsupervised
This is a criminally underappreciated show and it really deserves a whole nother season

Pirates of Dark Water
This show ended without a proper conclusion, and it deserves at least a TV movie special for them to round up the last of the treasures and defeat the evil guy

Seinfeld
A special episode after their time in prison would have been good
ProphetofGanja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2017, 06:10 PM   #28
MrPliggins
Foot Elite

Mad Men (ten years later maybe), Quantum Leap (ending left more questions than answers), and 1989 Legend of Zelda cartoon (lol).
MrPliggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2017, 10:29 PM   #29
DestronMirage22
Yukipedia

My first pick would be Oregairu, but since were finally getting new light novels, it’s possible we’ll also get animated versions of those in the future.

My next pick is D-Frag. The manga obviously went past where the show ended, but I’d love more episodes. The animation was really good, and the voice acting was top notch! The whole thing was just a superb adaptation of the source material. Even a couple more episodes would be great.

Next is the Mutant Turtles: Superman Legend OVAs. Yeah, they do seem a bit weird, but I really liked them for what they were. I’d love to see this version of TMNT get revisited.

Last would be Haganai. The 2nd season’s ending was pretty bad, and although the LN’s eventual ending was utter garbage, the show at least deserves a little more than what it got. Plus, I’m interested in how they’d handle that one scene with Yozora.
DestronMirage22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2017, 10:33 PM   #30
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metalwolf View Post
Samurai Jack. Even the creator stated that he didn't get enough time to properly finish everything, although I will blame him for wasting time on some filler episodes/elements when he knew he had a time contraint. The biggest worry I would have though is if he would waste these three additional episodes on the Jashi stuff, in my opinion his focus on her ended up allowing some very big plot holes to creep through, and defy the logic and character of the show.

Spoiler:
Like the Priestess drinking Aku's essence to impregnate herself (creating Ashi and her sisters.) As some Youtuber wisely pointed out, consuming/absorbing any of Aku's essence wouldn't logically make you preggers, it should just turn you into a new Aku demon like it tried to do with Jack (and did with parts of the army in the last episode.) Logic would have the show imply the Priestess coupled with Aku to get preggers, not do something that makes you go 'Huh.' ( I mean it too. If they can have a blatant penis joke, they can imply a coupling.)
Honestly, one part of me was relieved that didn't happen, and the other was disappointed .
Spoiler:
I guess the other way to have done it was to stick it up the essence where the sun don't shine with some kind of baster, but I think even that would have been too much even for Adult Swim standards. Ewww.
Old 11-20-2017, 05:46 PM   #31
Metalwolf
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utrommaniac View Post
Honestly, one part of me was relieved that didn't happen, and the other was disappointed .
Spoiler:
I guess the other way to have done it was to stick it up the essence where the sun don't shine with some kind of baster, but I think even that would have been too much even for Adult Swim standards. Ewww.
Well, to be fair...

Spoiler:
It probably would have been more foolproof, because unless you knew beforehand what was sure to happen, more then likely it would have simply turned you into another Aku, but with boobies. Sticking up her hoo-ha at the right time would have made it more likely it would impregnate her (and been more believable) then drinking it, because drinking essence probably doesn't equal pregnancy in most people's eyes.

And they wouldn't even have to show Aku and the Priestess getting it on, they could've just implied it. Like have the Priestess tell Aku that she wants to have special Daughters that can take down the Samurai, but that she will need him to help create them. He could could think to himself out loud, 'Hmmm... How will I help create children with a human woman?' and then looking really embarrassed when he figures it out. 'I wonder if she'll want flowers or romantic music.'

That's just my idea, because I think it would have allowed him to know right away that he had Daughters, instead of just springing it on him. It came off as strange that the Priestess didn't even tell him what her plans for the essence were, I'm thinking that she even lied about wanting to worship it, just so he would give it to her.
If he had known, he would had time to influence them more, them knowing they were literally Daughters of Aku would have made it less likely they would be swayed by Jack, and he would have taught all of them the use of their demonic powers.

Instead all but one died, and the survivor spent time with Jack getting to know (and love ) him, with Jack using this bond to break her free of her father's hold, finally using his own powers against him.

This Priestess's shortsighted actions directly led to the downfall of her 'god.' I think if I could have it differently, the 'Daughters' would just be a name only, forcing the writers to get creative rather then have the last minute love interest be a convenient deus ex machina. Ashi could be a normal human that Jack falls in love with, there would be no portal, and the first 4 seasons wouldn't feel like they might have never been.
Old 11-20-2017, 06:49 PM   #32
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

Yeah, it is pretty disappointing that they pretty much just failed immediately as soon as they had been let out into the world. And worse, that we never got to learn their names.

I guess it's for this reason that I like some of the Tumblr AUs where Jack stumbles upon all seven of them as small children and rescues them. The Dad!Jack AU. I'd much prefer Jack being a father figure to Ashi, anyway.

And moreso, I think it would have been an ironic change for Jack deciding to stay in the future and help make a new world free from Aku's terror. Because by returning to his own time, he'd basically wipe out the existence of everyone he ever became friends with. Sure, he'd never reunite with his parents, but I think he'd find solace in his new family in the future.
With a child Ashi and her sisters as Jack's adopted kids, The Scotsman and his army of daughters.
Old 11-21-2017, 04:26 AM   #33
Metalwolf
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utrommaniac View Post
Yeah, it is pretty disappointing that they pretty much just failed immediately as soon as they had been let out into the world. And worse, that we never got to learn their names.

I guess it's for this reason that I like some of the Tumblr AUs where Jack stumbles upon all seven of them as small children and rescues them. The Dad!Jack AU. I'd much prefer Jack being a father figure to Ashi, anyway.

And moreso, I think it would have been an ironic change for Jack deciding to stay in the future and help make a new world free from Aku's terror. Because by returning to his own time, he'd basically wipe out the existence of everyone he ever became friends with. Sure, he'd never reunite with his parents, but I think he'd find solace in his new family in the future.
With a child Ashi and her sisters as Jack's adopted kids, The Scotsman and his army of daughters.
I also like the idea of father/mentor Jack, it think it fits better (and would have removed a lot of the more cringy love scenes) because it would move Jack into a more 'mature' role that Ashi could model and be inspired by. Jack could show ger kindness and mercy in action, because all she knows us how to get results, brutally.

As for the future getting erased, I tried pointing this out on a reddit. They kept wanting to believe that it gets turned into a happy future, despite not getting evidence for that. (Elsewhere though, majority opinion is that everyone we knew and love gets erased.) There is also the massive paradox that gets created, because a see past!Jack leaving and future!Jack arriving. How will there be a future Jack if the future that creates him gets erased? So much craziness. Having Ashi (abd her sisters be 100% human would have averted this junk, agh.
Old 11-21-2017, 05:04 AM   #34
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPliggins View Post
1989 Legend of Zelda cartoon (lol).
The Captain N crossover episodes were essentially that
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2017, 05:30 AM   #35
Shark_Blade
Emperor

None. It's all good as it is, no need to "add" or "what if" or "fix" more.
Shark_Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2017, 08:23 AM   #36
RaphaelinSTL
Mad Scientist

Tom Goes to the Mayor