The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Current Events

Notices

Old 09-04-2017, 10:33 AM   #21
Klunk1234
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by BubblyShell22 View Post
Yeah, I think a lot of people are going to need mental help after all of this. It's good to see people helping out though.
That's the only positive thing a disaster like this could bring: Many people helping each other. Before Harvey these people were unknowns, now they will be friends for life.
Klunk1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2017, 05:21 PM   #22
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic

Yes, and it's nice to see people helping each other out. I liked hearing about the man who opened two of his furniture stores to people.

"Embrace your inner a**holiness."-Mr. Anderson.
BubblyShell22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2017, 07:49 AM   #23
eskater
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by BubblyShell22 View Post
Yes, and it's nice to see people helping each other out. I liked hearing about the man who opened two of his furniture stores to people.
MATTRESS MACK! That man is legend here in Houston! There's a petition going around to get a holiday for him here now
Old 09-05-2017, 07:51 AM   #24
eskater
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klunk1234 View Post
My heart goes to all victims of Hurricane Harvey. Texas will take years to have full recovery.

I hope Hurricane Irma will not come. She is a small hurricane like that infamous Andrew. People told me horrific stories about him.
I'm really hoping a miracle happens and Irma takes her butt somewhere else....my prayers and hopes for everyone in Florida, the Caribbeans, Puerto Rico and everywhere this one seems to want to take a path. One major storm was enough.....
Old 09-05-2017, 10:40 AM   #25
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

I don't understand all this blowback I'm seeing on, "Look at these crazy Texans going down the street and through the water holding their guns! Redneck douches!"

Are you ****ing kidding me? There are alligators everywhere now. You would be insane not to for that reason alone, let alone all of the other reasons.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2017, 01:04 PM   #26
eskater
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
I don't understand all this blowback I'm seeing on, "Look at these crazy Texans going down the street and through the water holding their guns! Redneck douches!"

Are you ****ing kidding me? There are alligators everywhere now. You would be insane not to for that reason alone, let alone all of the other reasons.
Where exactly do you keep hearing that? I know I've heard of "Texan stereotypes" but being IN Texas I don't normally hear them typically.
Old 09-05-2017, 01:20 PM   #27
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by eskater View Post
Where exactly do you keep hearing that? I know I've heard of "Texan stereotypes" but being IN Texas I don't normally hear them typically.
People on Facebook sharing articles showing pictures of Texans carrying guns in the water, commenting on how stupid it is.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2017, 01:25 PM   #28
plastroncafe
PerfectlyTunedFightEngine

Weird, the only people I'm seeing get made fun of for being armed during the flooding are the White Supremacists who've deputized themselves as supposed peace-keepers.

And I'm pretty sure my version of FB is far more anti-gun than yours is.
So your wants and needs as a fan should outweigh everyone else's?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabacooza View Post
There's no sense catering just to one demographic which is idiotic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
just ignore what you don't like rather than obsessing over it and move on with your life.
plastroncafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2017, 01:36 PM   #29
eskater
Foot Soldier

They do know we had looters right? These guys mostly hit businesses but they were out there....and like you said Andrew the gator thing is a REAL thing everytime it floods here. Not only from the bayous either. For all the good that came out from our fellow Texans helping one another (and Louisiana, Cajun Navy rocks)....we did have some unsavory characters.
I also didn't hear too much about White Supremacists trying to be "peace keepers" right now...maybe in rural parts of Texas that were affected that might have been the case but here in Houston not so much (Houston is actually very very blue despite the rest of the state being predominately red)

Last edited by eskater; 09-05-2017 at 01:46 PM.
eskater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2017, 02:27 PM   #30
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Well... there is sort of a portion of gun enthusiasts who haven't exactly helped stigmas that are on some gun owners, far before all this... But at the same time, why even worry what people are saying. People who live elsewhere don't really have a real grasp on the challenges of a particular location/region, esp when things like this happen. The 'blowback' is because they don't live there and don't understand. And that can go both ways.

Too bad would be looters don't join the good side and instead just want to help people clear all the stuff out of their homes that they'll be getting rid of, and then ask home owners if they can have certain pieces they think might be partly salvageable... They could probably get all the stuff they want and be a 'hero' for helping.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2017, 03:10 PM   #31
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic

Quote:
Originally Posted by eskater View Post
MATTRESS MACK! That man is legend here in Houston! There's a petition going around to get a holiday for him here now
He definitely should get one for what he's done for the people of Houston.

"Embrace your inner a**holiness."-Mr. Anderson.
BubblyShell22 is offline   Reply With Quote