The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 03-09-2018, 01:51 PM   #15882
The Deadman
Foot Elite

So the internet has been worked, and Dave Meltzer is a f*cking moron pushing this story...

http://thechairshot.com/2018/03/brav...gns-situation/

The Reigns in question is LUTHER REIGNS, not ROMAN.

Last Movie Watched: Hell House LLC (2015).
Last TV Show Watched: Adventures of Sonic The Hedgehog (S1:E29).
The Deadman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2018, 02:25 PM   #15883
ZariusTwo
Overlord

WWE are considering making Rousey and Angle vs HHH and Steph the match that closes 'Mania out

http://thechairshot.com/2018/03/spec...ia-main-event/
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2018, 05:17 PM   #15884
AT-Man
I SEEN IT

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZariusTwo View Post
WWE are considering making Rousey and Angle vs HHH and Steph the match that closes 'Mania out

http://thechairshot.com/2018/03/spec...ia-main-event/
It should be the title match with the Royal Rumble winner. That's the main event.

Through the Golden Door
AT-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2018, 03:21 AM   #15885
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Deadman View Post
So the internet has been worked, and Dave Meltzer is a f*cking moron pushing this story...

Bravo is spinning it now that the two are separate cases and Roman is still linked.
Old 03-10-2018, 03:34 AM   #15886
The Deadman
Foot Elite

ROH 16th Anniversary PPV results
Spoiler:

– Pre-Show Match: Sumie Sakai defeated Hana Kimura @ 8:11 via pin [**½]
– Pre-Show Match: Tenille Dashwood defeated Brandi Rhodes @ 7:35 via pin [*½]
– Hiromu Takahashi defeated Flip Gordon @ 12:20 via pin [***]
– Marty Scurll defeated Punishment Martinez @ 10:45 via pin [***¼]
– ROH TV Title Match: Champion Kenny King defeated Silas Young @ 14:41 via pin [**¾]
– ROH Six-Man Title Street Fight: SoCal Uncensored defeated Champions The Hung Bucks @ 19:03 via submission [****]
– Cody defeated Matt Taven @ 14:12 via pin [***]
– ROH Tag Title Match: The Briscoes defeated Champions The Motor City Machine Guns @ 13:55 via pin [***]
– ROH Title Match: Champion Dalton Castle defeated Jay Lethal @ 26:06 via pin [****½]

Last Movie Watched: Hell House LLC (2015).
Last TV Show Watched: Adventures of Sonic The Hedgehog (S1:E29).
The Deadman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2018, 11:41 AM   #15887
dl316bh
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by AT-Man View Post
It should be the title match with the Royal Rumble winner. That's the main event.
It's not if it isn't the match fans care about the most; and I mean that in an emotional sense, not just the best match. Wrestlemania 25 killed that notion for me. You go with what you know can't be followed. They had the WWE title match follow HBK/Taker I that year and the crowd was just spent and the match crashed, among other reasons it didn't work. That's why the sequel closed the next year. Same reason the WWE title match didn't close last year; it didn't have the power of the possibility of Undertakers last match.

Which is all the more reason I don't think the mixed tag should close 'Mania. I'm not necessarily convinced it will, but if it does, that's silly. I don't think it has half the investment or stakes necessary for that.
Old 03-11-2018, 06:43 AM   #15888
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Rumors are that part of the FOX deal to acquire WWE programming would be to cancel Smackdown and replace it with two 60-minute shows, and have a three hour special weekend event every month

https://forums.digitalspy.com/discus...-spoilers/p472
Old 03-11-2018, 07:26 AM   #15889
ssjup81
Foot Elite

Quote:

Wow, talk about trolling people who hate Roman Reigns. I'm sure those people are annoyed that this isn't about Roman.
ssjup81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2018, 01:05 PM   #15890
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Due to daylight savings, Fastlane starts an hour earlier, which means I don't have to wait until 1 AM to watch
Old 03-11-2018, 10:42 PM   #15891
dl316bh
Stone Warrior

Rumors were true. Asuka and Charlotte for 'Mania (which very likely means Bliss vs Jax for the other womens title, which is good). Styles vs Nak is a lock. Universal title match aside, card's not looking too bad so far.

They need to put Braun in something already, though.
Old 03-12-2018, 06:11 PM   #15892
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

False advertising Brock Lesnar on TV, but is he actually advertised on promos for RAW tickets? I wonder if this will work especially if Roman is not out of the woods with this Rodriguez guy yet. Vince event makes an unexpected cameo! They did go forward with the "suspension" bit just after that segment.

Last edited by MikeandRaph87; 03-12-2018 at 06:16 PM.
MikeandRaph87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2018, 09:38 PM   #15893
dl316bh
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeandRaph87 View Post
I wonder if this will work especially if Roman is not out of the woods with this Rodriguez guy yet.
They're obviously pretty confident there's nothing to that, because they just put Braun Strowman in a program, finally, for the tag team titles. As for whether it will work, if you mean get Roman over, nah. Place cheered when he was "suspended". It's going to be another Wrestlemania 32 where they do what they're going to do, like it or not, and end up with people still booing the guy from then on. Only this time there's probably no wellness violation to save us.
Old 03-13-2018, 05:01 AM   #15894
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Brauwn challenging for the tag titles at 'Mania reminds me a bit of Owen/Yokozuna

WWE.Com sure know how to clickbait too. Right below the headline revealing Roman was suspended, Brauwn is plasted as the main headline hinting he was in the title match, when it was just for the tag titles.
Old 03-13-2018, 07:31 AM   #15895
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

I must be in smallest minority, a male in the 18-35 age bracket who only cares about Roman Reigns.

Its funny watching them troll fans such as using Brock's no show and Cena acting like he is one of the crowd before The Undertaker announcement. Crowds are not as smart as they think, WWE can manipulate their reactions like it or not.

I do hope Undertaker is alllowed a victory this time!

How will the Braun Strowman angle work? He doesn't have a tag partner does he?
Old 03-13-2018, 07:39 AM   #15896
Krutch
Like, stupid rich.

Quote:
Maybe he'll share it with Alexa!
Krutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2018, 10:23 AM   #15897
AT-Man
I SEEN IT

Roman accusing Lesnar of being a "Vince guy".... yeah, ok.

Through the Golden Door
Old 03-13-2018, 02:26 PM   #15898
dl316bh
Stone Warrior

Quote:
I must be in smallest minority, a male in the 18-35 age bracket who only cares about Roman Reigns.
Wait, you watch only for Roman? The show's three hours. Why would you do that to yourself? If I only had one wrestler I liked out of the entire roster, I'd drop it for a while. I've done it before.

I'm not sure whether or not it's too late to salvage Roman with the general audience. They needed to course correct with him years ago. Instead, he might be closing his fourth straight Wrestlemania and will at least be in a world title match.

Quote:
Its funny watching them troll fans such as using Brock's no show and Cena acting like he is one of the crowd before The Undertaker announcement. Crowds are not as smart as they think, WWE can manipulate their reactions like it or not.
To some extent. But it says a lot that, when Romans suspension was announced, even after an impassioned speech about what a flake Brock is, the crowd cheered. They tried using this tactic with Cena during the Rock feud. It didn't work then either. But more than that, Roman versus the authority figures doesn't work great because everyone knows that they love the hell out of him and are the ones who have made sure he's the most important guy on the roster for years. It works for a guy like Daniel Bryan because we knew they didn't want him, but we did.

As for Cena, fans have wanted that showdown forever, so it's not surprising they reacted well to it. Plus it's Undertaker. Crowds still love the guy. Personally, I legitimately sighed. Undertaker pretty much showed that he couldn't go anymore last year. Roman had to practically wrestle around him. Big Match John is a good worker, but unless 'Taker is feeling a whole lot better this year, there's only so much he can do. Let the guy retire in peace.

By the way, that promo was weird. Cena sounded angry that an old man wanted to retire and he was told the match was impossible, when he was the one who, in kayfabe, blew his numerous chances at a match for 'Mania. Like, what? Dude's been the rock of WWE for thirty years. The hell shouldn't he be allowed to retire?

Quote:
I do hope Undertaker is alllowed a victory this time!
I suspect that's the plan, assuming this is meant to be the actual send-off. It sucks it's going to upend the emotional moment at the end of last year. Maybe they'll try to preserve it, though. Like, it's more plain clothes Undertaker, while the character's been left behind. So basically, becoming BikerTaker again. Then again, they had him appear in full regalia at Raw 25, so probably not.

Quote:
Three options I see. One, he goes solo and wins the tag straps. This is stupid and it was stupid when TNA did it. It's a tag title. Sure, it makes him look like a monster, but it's silly. Give the man a partner. Two, Elias tries to make nice with him over the next few weeks, they struggle to get along but eventually do, then they take the tag straps at 'Mania. Three, Big Show. They'd need some story stuff to make it work, since we last saw Show when Braun put him out, but that's an easy thing to get around and they're connected by a string of great, acclaimed matches that first put Strowman on a lot of peoples radar.

Quote:
Maybe he'll share it with Alexa!
That would actually be amazing while simultaneously very Lucha Underground of them.
Old 03-13-2018, 03:19 PM   #15899
AT-Man
I SEEN IT

Braun should just choose some fan as his tag team partner, who only watches from the crowd when Braun does all the work. Like the Warrior award winner kid or something.

Through the Golden Door
Old 03-13-2018, 06:33 PM   #15900
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Quote:

What do you expect from Dave "fake news" Meltzer I don't get why people speak of him so highly. He isn't that great.

Tags
armbar#, silverdome brother, wrestling