The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Old 01-29-2017, 11:34 PM   #181
DVD
Mad Scientist

I'll go out on a limb and say I might get all of them...

Seriously tho, I totally missed the monsters. The originals (90s) were fantastic.
DVD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2017, 01:45 AM   #182
Rukitron
Stone Warrior

I wish we got cloth trenchcoat turtle figures again. I regret not buying home made ones from an ebay seller.
Rukitron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2017, 02:55 AM   #183
StealthNinjaScyther
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freeman View Post
You mean the vintage ones? That was Franken-Mikey, and yes, he had the best design
No. I'm referring to the official art that you can see here:

https://forums.thetechnodrome.com/sh...ad.php?t=56720
StealthNinjaScyther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2017, 01:16 PM   #184
METALHEAD
Stone Warrior

i love the fact that the 'monster' turtles are making a return. i am disappointed that leo is a van helsing type of character, instead of the mummy and donnie as the frakenstein monster. despite this i love-LOVE to death man. seems don and leo switched over...hm

i ship it.
METALHEAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2017, 01:37 PM   #185
CyberCubed
Overlord

I wonder if this confirms Bebop and Rocksteady will be in Season 5 of the Nick show. I mean they probably will, but it would be interesting to see confirmation.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2017, 04:21 AM   #186
MST3KFan
Hench Mutant

Sorry that this is gonna come off as a rant, but I stumbled across the new Super Shredder wave of turtles figures and have to say...I'm 100% done with Playmates TMNT stuff.

That Super Shredder figure...the lack of paint seriously hurts it, especially when you see it all painted up on the back of the packaging.

I know people like to point out how notorious Playmates is for skimping on paint, but this is ridiculous.

In all honestly, the Super Shredder figure comes off looking like a melted knock-off toy as even the 'sculpted' details are barely there.
Playmates was already losing me over a year ago with the lack of accessories and paint on the TMNT figures to 'cheap them cheap', but Super Shredder cemented I have no desire to buy any more TMNT toys from them unless they stepped up their game (yeah, right).

Even the re-issued classic TMNT figures even have had less paint than the original versions of the toys for crying out loud, and people used to complain about the paint jobs on the vintage toys!

It's cool to see Usagi coming to the line finally, but I don't think he'll be very good so...yeah. Plus, the whole Muckman thing is just BS. It'd be one thing if he was just shown as a prototype, but he's shown on the back of the TMNT toys as though available.
MST3KFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2017, 04:53 AM   #187
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

I feel ya, Rahzar was so dissapointing I've not bought a single figure beyond wave 1 ? Metalhead, Fishface, Rat King and Rahzar.

I also bought that Ooze flinger Leo since I found hin cheap and I was planning on using his head on the Basic Battle Shell Leo, but I've been so disappointing that I've stopped buying the figures I initially wanted like the BS Turtles, LARP, Mystics, and the mix & Match figures that have a better scale then the basics like M&M Tiger Claw and Foot Bots.

Plus figures in Norway have shot up in price. They went from 100NOK to 160-170NOK (from $12 to $19-$20 for a basic figure). So that's been a huge dampener when a $10 figure at best costs twice as much and the quality is worse with less paint, minimal accessories. At this point it's getting cheaper to buy them online on the secondhand marked.
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2017, 07:19 AM   #188
MST3KFan
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candy Kappa View Post
I feel ya, Rahzar was so dissapointing I've not bought a single figure beyond wave 1 ? Metalhead, Fishface, Rat King and Rahzar.

I also bought that Ooze flinger Leo since I found hin cheap and I was planning on using his head on the Basic Battle Shell Leo, but I've been so disappointing that I've stopped buying the figures I initially wanted like the BS Turtles, LARP, Mystics, and the mix & Match figures that have a better scale then the basics like M&M Tiger Claw and Foot Bots.

Plus figures in Norway have shot up in price. They went from 100NOK to 160-170NOK (from $12 to $19-$20 for a basic figure). So that's been a huge dampener when a $10 figure at best costs twice as much and the quality is worse with less paint, minimal accessories. At this point it's getting cheaper to buy them online on the secondhand marked.
Yeah, the undersized characters like Snakeweed, Rahzar, Leatherhead, etc...really didn't help my feelings towards the line.

And now it seems like the later parts of the vintage toy line, most of the figures coming out are just turtle variants with maybe one or two new characters mixed in.

I still have yet to see a human Karai in the wild.
MST3KFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2017, 11:04 AM   #189
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Quote:

Last Playmates Figure I bought was Baxter Fly that was like in 2014/2015. I refuse to give a ****** company like Playmates my Money anymore.
Old 01-31-2017, 11:07 AM   #190
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autbot_Benz View Post
Last Playmates Figure I bought was Baxter Fly that was like in 2014/2015. I refuse to give a ****** company like Playmates my Money anymore.
I found him like once, passed him off, regretted it and went back to the store a couple of days later and he was gone

Baxter-Fly, Fugitoid and Squirrelaniod are basic figures that I still want, but I just haven't had the enthusiasm nor the priority to get them yet.
Old 01-31-2017, 11:41 AM   #191
Huzzah
Mad Scientist

I'm pretty much about to liquidate 90% of my Playmates and Playmates scale customs, because I'm long since over them. I'll likely keep the Wave 1 Turtles and the Party Wagon after I repaint it and that'll be it.
Huzzah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2017, 12:15 PM   #192
Ninjinister
無問題

Quote:
Originally Posted by MST3KFan View Post
Plus, the whole Muckman thing is just BS. It'd be one thing if he was just shown as a prototype, but he's shown on the back of the TMNT toys as though available.
To be fair they did that a few times with the original line and I think slightly less but still happened with the 2003 line.

Still doesn't make it any less frustrating.
Old 01-31-2017, 12:27 PM   #193
calmik
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huzzah View Post
I'm pretty much about to liquidate 90% of my Playmates and Playmates scale customs, because I'm long since over them. I'll likely keep the Wave 1 Turtles and the Party Wagon after I repaint it and that'll be it.
Keep me posted if you do, i would be interested.
calmik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2017, 03:44 PM   #194
snake
Disgusting

Muckman had the one of the coolest designs in the entire toyline. Even if the paint was bad, he was mostly green and the figure would have been worth the sculpt alone to buy.
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2017, 05:42 PM   #195
Powder
So tired of this place

Well he had been cancelled previously (then allegedly brought back from the dead, as they said he'd be a 2017 release). So it's worrisome not to see him included at this point.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2017, 06:15 AM   #196
Freeman
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by StealthNinjaScyther View Post
No. I'm referring to the official art that you can see here:

https://forums.thetechnodrome.com/sh...ad.php?t=56720
Oh, my bad
I also think that Donie looks rad, too bad they ended up changing the characters. Maybe license issues with Frankenstein property?
Old 02-02-2017, 06:42 AM   #197
Raptor86
Stone Warrior

Quote:
I found him like once, passed him off, regretted it and went back to the store a couple of days later and he was gone

Baxter-Fly, Fugitoid and Squirrelaniod are basic figures that I still want, but I just haven't had the enthusiasm nor the priority to get them yet.
You can find Fugitoid loose (both white and metallic) from chinese seller in eBbay at 6 euros and free shipping.

I got mine months ago and it is perfect
Old 02-02-2017, 01:17 PM   #198
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Yeah, honestly the only ones i want are mondo gecko and human karai. I guess usagi when he's released and maybe Shinigami if she even gets a figure because ew girls and all that nonsense.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2017, 01:57 PM   #199
Freeman
Hench Mutant

No better quality or any videos yet?
When is NY Toy Fair coming?
Old 02-02-2017, 03:39 PM   #200
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raptor86 View Post
You can find Fugitoid loose (both white and metallic) from chinese seller in eBbay at 6 euros and free shipping.

I got mine months ago and it is perfect
yeah, I got him on my wishlist.

Tags
2017, playmates bashing