The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Old 01-09-2020, 02:35 PM   #61
neatoman
Emperor

So any ideas on how the Mutant Town thing will get resolved?

Is a cure found?
Do the mutants escape and spread around the world?
Does Ch'rell enslave them on some planet in Dimension X?
Do they get sent into the future?

The thing is that I'm not really seeing this aspect lasting forever.
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2020, 03:12 PM   #62
ChosenOne
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by neatoman View Post
So any ideas on how the Mutant Town thing will get resolved?

Is a cure found?
Do the mutants escape and spread around the world?
Does Ch'rell enslave them on some planet in Dimension X?
Do they get sent into the future?

The thing is that I'm not really seeing this aspect lasting forever.
The most plausible outcome is for mutants to eventually take over Manhattan (and the world?) somehow. If a cure is ever introduced, it'll probably involve Null, though she also seems to want to build a mutant workforce for some reason... But if she does try to cure the mutated humans, Hob won't just sit back and watch while she tears down everything he's built. He will oppose Null. Hard. There's another war on the horizon, and it's guaranteed to make the one between both factions of the Foot look like a kindergarten scrape.
ChosenOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2020, 03:41 PM   #63
CyberCubed
Overlord

I think most of the mutants will never become humans again. It'll stay that way permanently for a new status quo.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2020, 04:25 PM   #64
daggio
Foot Soldier

And then Shredder appears and takes over Manhattan just like Turtles in Time #4 predicted
daggio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2020, 04:31 PM   #65
neatoman
Emperor

By the way, the fact that Jennika and Mona needed to specify that they used to be human makes me wonder how many of the mutants weren't? Like you'd figure some of that stuff would leak into the wild life. Like we can assume the platypus mutant used to be human because it's New York and not Sydney, but what about the raccoon, rabbit, cat and porcupine?
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2020, 06:48 PM   #66
Mutant Ninja Anole
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by daggio View Post
And then Shredder appears and takes over Manhattan just like Turtles in Time #4 predicted
It does seem like that future is still in play doesn’t it? Though, as a twist, perhaps Shredder really does at least start as a legitimate defender of mutants.
Old 01-10-2020, 08:33 AM   #67
daggio
Foot Soldier

Maybe I missed this from an issue or two ago, but when did Leo get the scar over his eye? I saw it while hes tending to his flowers. I don't remember him getting slashed over the eye the last few issues, but maybe I missed it.
Old 01-10-2020, 08:41 AM   #68
lonewarrior20
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Maybe I missed this from an issue or two ago, but when did Leo get the scar over his eye? I saw it while hes tending to his flowers. I don't remember him getting slashed over the eye the last few issues, but maybe I missed it.
remember it has been six months, for all we know that scar along with splinters death is what made the turtles separate. all it takes is one argument about future plans.

"If the sun comes up tomorrow, it is only because of men of good will. That is all there is between us and the devil."
Kenny O'Donnell

https://www.deviantart.com/lonewarrior20 my fan comic/episodes of the lost season, weird ideas and my collection pics
lonewarrior20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2020, 08:49 AM   #69
daggio
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonewarrior20 View Post
remember it has been six months, for all we know that scar along with splinters death is what made the turtles separate. all it takes is one argument about future plans.
I hear ya. That's was something I was thinking but I figured I'd ask cuz maybe I didn't pay close enough attention to the fights of 99 and 100.
Old 01-10-2020, 08:52 AM   #70
Igglet

It was during the Leo Macro.
Old 01-10-2020, 09:05 AM   #71
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Koya gave it to him in the Leonardo macro. We see her digging into his skin with her talon. He’s had it for a while now.
Old 01-10-2020, 10:37 AM   #72
daggio
Foot Soldier

I see that now, but before you guys wrote that I was searching all the previous issues and couldn't find anything. But after you guys wrote that, I couldn't help but notice that in #90 (during and after Slash's funeral) that Leo clearly has no slash over his eye even without the bandana. For me, that explains why I couldn't remember any recent incident. I guess Dialynas never got the memo to put a slash over Leo's eye.
Old 01-10-2020, 11:06 AM   #73
CyberCubed
Overlord

Does Leonardo abandoning his family and the clan to go live in a greenhouse remind anyone else of what Luke did in the Star Wars movies? It feels like Leonardo wants to let the past die, so he’s letting it all go and moving away from the Foot, Splinter, Clan Hamato, everything.

After Leo and Raph just made up again in issue 100 and Leo was always there for Mike it feels kind of weird. I guess this is not going to go the way I think.
Old 01-10-2020, 11:40 AM   #74
ChosenOne
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Does Leonardo abandoning his family and the clan to go live in a greenhouse remind anyone else of what Luke did in the Star Wars movies? It feels like Leonardo wants to let the past die, so he’s letting it all go and moving away from the Foot, Splinter, Clan Hamato, everything.

After Leo and Raph just made up again in issue 100 and Leo was always there for Mike it feels kind of weird. I guess this is not going to go the way I think.
Bear in mind, we still don't know what happened in the intervening time. Maybe they tried to make it work as a family but broke or drifted apart for whatever reason will be revealed in the Annual.
Old 01-10-2020, 09:07 PM   #75
myconius
Abby Normal

Location: the grave marked "Unknown" right beside Arch Stanton.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post

we just have to get those four pesky original turtles out of the way so we can focus on Jenika.

yayyyyyyyyy JENNY!
myconius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2020, 08:14 PM   #76
ChosenOne
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutant Ninja Anole View Post
What species is the bunny’s friend BTW?
I just finished re-reading the issue and I remembered that you'd asked this, I think she's a fish.
Old 01-11-2020, 11:53 PM   #77
Maelxich
Thug

I thought the issue was good, I got klunk but I really hope they include a Jem and he holograms inspired mutant band, still want a pant less jeninka though maybe not now that it’s snowing but when summer comes. I feel the annual will fill in the gaps I see in this issue though
Maelxich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2020, 10:52 AM   #78
Ninjinister
無問題

I'm dying to find out what the new characters' names are but I'm glad they didn't do the annoying thing where they addressed each other by name in a context which wouldn't make sense. Like, as they're fighting, the platypus says something to the raccoon and punctuates with his name, and the raccoon responds the same way. Like just made up names and conversation, but just an example:

Platypus: "Do you think this is one of those ninja turtles, Mike?"
Raccoon: "You're right, it obviously is one, Bob"

And then they go to get their boss "Wait until we get our boss, Jared, he will show you!"

Stuff like that feels so unnatural. It's even weirder when they address their relationship to each each other.

"Hi, Tony, it's me, your brother, Tom"
or
"Hi, Tony, it's me, your brother."
"Tom?"
(Tony only has one brother)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maelxich View Post
but I really hope they include a Jem and he holograms inspired mutant band,
Maybe we'll get an adaptation of DIGG or Merciless Slaughter.

Quote:
still want a pant less jeninka though
Creepy.
Old 01-12-2020, 11:03 AM   #79
ChosenOne
Banned

Great, now I want the platypus to be named Bob.
Old 01-13-2020, 03:50 PM   #80
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

I like that this issue did a bit of World Building. Hope to see more from Mutant Town.

That Mutant Band will have to make an appearance at some point.