The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Movie Discussion

Notices

Old 03-30-2020, 12:04 PM   #81
Sharman
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raph View Post
Man I just spoke with the produder Cameron Dawson and writer Bobby Herbeck. There is so much cool stuff in the works!!! An official docu and a behind the scenes book.
And he said that's only the beginning!

Follow them on Insta or go here www.tmnt033090.com.
Let's all celebrate and watch the movie tomorrow.
Anyone else involved? Barron? any of the cast?
Sharman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2020, 12:17 PM   #82
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Kevin Eastman is going to watch the movie on Facebook today at 3pm PST.
https://twitter.com/kevineastman86/s...37253768556544
Old 03-30-2020, 02:13 PM   #83
d_osborn
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Man I just spoke with the produder Cameron Dawson and writer Bobby Herbeck. There is so much cool stuff in the works!!! An official docu and a behind the scenes book.

Kim was the TMNT producer that worked for Golden Harvest, Cameron is his son, I believe.

Can't wait to see what they have in store!
d_osborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2020, 02:53 PM   #84
ABrown
Banned

Happy 30th anniversary to the movie that made me a TMNT fan. While I do own the dvd, and I think I might even still have the 30 year old VHS tape burried somewhere. I think I'll watch it tonight on Netflix, just out of convenience (not having to dig out the DVD).
ABrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2020, 03:34 PM   #85
sgtfbomb
Stone Warrior

I've been dying for a feature length documentary for a long time. The segment in Turtle Power really shows the potential, but there is so much left to cover.
sgtfbomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2020, 03:40 PM   #86
d_osborn
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgtfbomb View Post
I've been dying for a feature length documentary for a long time. The segment in Turtle Power really shows the potential, but there is so much left to cover.
I'm hoping the Dawsons and Herbeck are working with the Turtle Power crew for the new doc. They've got sooooooo much in the can already.

TMNT 90 deserves it.
Old 03-30-2020, 03:46 PM   #87
Cyndaquilfan123
Foot Soldier

Quote:

Fingers Crossed for a 4K Blu-Ray!
Old 03-30-2020, 03:50 PM   #88
The Turtle Terminator
Mad Scientist

Just finished a rewatch. Good question fellow Dromers:

How many times do you estimate you’ve seen this film?
The Turtle Terminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2020, 04:17 PM   #89
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Kevin Eastman is watching the movie right now on Facebook.
https://www.facebook.com/watch/live/...atch_permalink
Old 03-30-2020, 04:42 PM   #90
sgtfbomb
Stone Warrior

I listened to Steve Barron's commentary for the first time. It was a great listen, but there isn't much he says here that he hasn't said elsewhere. He did tell a story about how he was offered the chance to direct Casper, but turned it down, which I never heard before.

Quote:
Originally Posted by d_osborn View Post
I'm hoping the Dawsons and Herbeck are working with the Turtle Power crew for the new doc. They've got sooooooo much in the can already.

TMNT 90 deserves it.
Great idea! A team up would be so efficient. I think there were a few major players they weren't able to get for Turtle Power, like John Du Prez. So it could be a chance to nab those interviews, and maybe some more of that deleted footage?

IIRC, the Crystal Lake Memories did something similar where it significantly repurposed interviews from a previous fan documentary called His Name Was Jason.
Old 03-30-2020, 06:56 PM   #91
AquaParade
Banned

I'd totally watch a Steve Baron Casper.
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2020, 08:53 PM   #92
sgtfbomb
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaParade View Post
I'd totally watch a Steve Baron Casper.
I've always thought his follow up film, Coneheads, was incredibly underrated.
Old 03-30-2020, 09:43 PM   #93
d_osborn
Mad Scientist

*Slaps forehead* I've never heard Barron's commentary track! That issue shall be solved tomorrow.

Agreed, Coneheads is way underrated. MEBS!!! Also, if you've ever wanted to see an illustration of a naked Conehead, I can hook you up. BORP MIP

I haven't seen Barron's recent work. Marvel should scoop that dude up. He's comic book movie royalty. In a perfect world, Paramount would be courting him for TMNT.

HAPPY 30TH ALL!!! I picked up a 35mm print of the first teaser trailer and had is scanned at 4K. Here's the raw file, uploaded by my pal Lars at the Ghostbusters Archives. I did his snazzy new video intro, too!

https://youtu.be/iQ0Es1HuH6g
Old 03-30-2020, 11:43 PM   #94
sgtfbomb
Stone Warrior

Quote:
*Slaps forehead* I've never heard Barron's commentary track! That issue shall be solved tomorrow.
I ended up having to make adjustments to sync up with the film properly. I guess the German version has a shorter runtime, although admittedly I know little about that cut of the film.

Quote:
I haven't seen Barron's recent work. Marvel should scoop that dude up. He's comic book movie royalty. In a perfect world, Paramount would be courting him for TMNT.
And he's responsible for some of the most iconic music videos of all time. Sadly, I don't think his career recovered from The Adventures of Pinocchio's box office failure. After that, he mostly directed TV movies. I vaguely remember watching Merlin, but I honestly don't remember anything about it. Perhaps I should hunt that down.

I think Brian Henson would also be a good choice for a new TMNT film given his experience with the series.

Quote:
HAPPY 30TH ALL!!! I picked up a 35mm print of the first teaser trailer and had is scanned at 4K. Here's the raw file, uploaded by my pal Lars at the Ghostbusters Archives. I did his snazzy new video intro, too!

https://youtu.be/iQ0Es1HuH6g
That is glorious!

I have fond memories of watching that trailer on the BK Kids Club VHS tapes. Those bobbing shells were the first time I noticed that scenes could exist, but not be in the movie.
Old 03-31-2020, 08:13 AM   #95
Btown
Hench Mutant

we sat down and watched it last night. It was the first time our daughter had seen it and she really loved it. Hands down one of my favorite movies ever. I too hope that one day we'll get a proper release of the movie but till that happens I'll just take my old copy and continue to watch it over and over.
Old 03-31-2020, 09:09 AM   #96
AquaParade
Banned

Quote:
I've always thought his follow up film, Coneheads, was incredibly underrated.
I always forget that he did that film. Super goofy and fun.
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2020, 09:36 AM   #97
pferreira
Foot Elite

Quote:
WB has distribution rights in the US, meaning they can release the film on physical and digital markets with little problem.
That makes sense. Warner obviously weren't interested in releasing her movies here in the UK as Mediumrare did it.

Quote:
I hope it covers the sequels. I'm really interested to find out stories about what went on behind the scenes of the sequels including deleting scenes. There must be deleted scenes for the sequels.

Quote:
I also think it's funny that instead of inviting Elias Koteas or Judith Hoag back for the first sequel, they asked Raymond Serra to reprise his role as Chief Sterns.)
One of the many reasons the third film is poor.

Quote:
Thanks. Two of my favourite things credited together: TMNT and Ghostbusters. What's not to love?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zulithe View Post
If films like The Wizard can get a 4K remaster there's no reason in the world TMNT can't. There's way more market for the later. There just needs to be a will somewhere in the chain that controls these things. I hope it's there, or will surface shortly.
I love that film. Still wonder who owns the rights to releasing The Wizard in the UK? I'd love to own that film on blu-ray.
pferreira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2020, 10:34 AM   #98
Leonardo87
Stone Warrior

Quote:

Holy Shellshock! I'm damn excited for this!
Leonardo87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2020, 11:11 AM   #99
sgtfbomb
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by pferreira View Post
That makes sense. Warner obviously weren't interested in releasing her movies here in the UK as Mediumrare did it.
I believe New Line Cinema only had distribution rights in the US. According to IMDB, Medusa Pictures handled the UK release in 1990.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0100758...?ref_=tt_dt_co

One thing that is interesting about the VHS release is that New Line Home Video hadn't existed yet. Their films were distributed by companies such as Media (the NOES films) and RCA/Columbia (Critters 1 & 2). When TMNT hit stores shelves, it was distributed by FHE, the same company that released the animated series on VHS shortly prior, and they even went as far as to replace the logo. So you have this colorful, somewhat obnoxious logo with kindergarten lettering in front of edgy, sometimes grim film.

Quote:
I hope it covers the sequels. I'm really interested to find out stories about what went on behind the scenes of the sequels including deleting scenes. There must be deleted scenes for the sequels.
I agree. Info on the sequels seem to be sparse. I was reading through The Ultimate Visual History and very little is discussed with II and III, with the focus on SOTO being, what a surprise, Vanilla Ice. But there are some enlightening breadcrumbs. Apparently Brian Henson didn't work much with the film because he didn't like the way Barron was treated on the first. Also, Judith Hoag was allegedly recast because she didn't test well with young boys, and let me tell you something, whoever those boys were, they were dumb.

Regarding SOTO's deleted scenes, there was publicity still going of Shredder sitting on a throne made up of scrap metal from the junkyard.
Old 03-31-2020, 01:52 PM   #100
Raph
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharman View Post
Anyone else involved? Barron? any of the cast?
Not that I know, but the 2 that are, are gonna do cool stuff this year!