The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > 4Kids TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Old 05-23-2014, 11:02 AM   #61
Netkeeper
tactical blackquill

there's literally no reason to hate 2k3 at all like its objectively better than all the other tmnt cartoons
Old 05-23-2014, 11:43 AM   #62
LeoRaDoMic
Banned

I also don't like the art style of 2003 series. I don't dig the whole vibe around 2003 series while I'm finding Nick's style and vibe amazing. Just look at the packages of the action figures.

And yeah Nickelodeon also has many unrealistic things etc., but for one strange reason it doesn't bug me as much as 2003 series.

Nickelodeon's animation is beautiful and smooth. I prefer the computer animated style. The Turtle designs are also fantastic, especially the different heights and postures of the Turtles and the various skin and eye colors.

I think there should be an animation serie that is dark and realistic and just in New York not in other dimensions with aliens, robots etc. But just with a normal Shredder and simple enemies, maybe 2 or 3 mutated.

Just my opinion guys!
LeoRaDoMic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014, 11:44 AM   #63
LeoRaDoMic
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmntpower1988 View Post
Oh yeah because the Nick series is more "realistic" and "normal" lol Pizza zombies, the unpredictable effects of the mutagen, April's powers and so on
The zombie pizza's were a dream of Michelangelo?!
LeoRaDoMic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014, 01:41 PM   #64
Whatswiththeheadbands?
The Weed of Crime

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeoRaDoMic View Post
I also don't like the art style of 2003 series. I don't dig the whole vibe around 2003 series while I'm finding Nick's style and vibe amazing. Just look at the packages of the action figures.

And yeah Nickelodeon also has many unrealistic things etc., but for one strange reason it doesn't bug me as much as 2003 series.

Nickelodeon's animation is beautiful and smooth. I prefer the computer animated style. The Turtle designs are also fantastic, especially the different heights and postures of the Turtles and the various skin and eye colors.

I think there should be an animation serie that is dark and realistic and just in New York not in other dimensions with aliens, robots etc. But just with a normal Shredder and simple enemies, maybe 2 or 3 mutated.

Just my opinion guys!
You might find this thread to your liking
Old 05-23-2014, 07:14 PM   #65
tmntpower1988
Stone Warrior

Quote:

Just my opinion guys!
IMO The turtle designs in the Nick series makes me cringe big time, any time I watch an episode this is my face more or less:

I've tried to get into the animation but I just can't.

Quote:
The zombie pizza's were a dream of Michelangelo?!
I don't think it was a dream. Did Pizza Face not say near the end of the episode to Mikey that everyone who was turned into a zombie wouldn't remember a thing? Only Mikey remembered what happened because he wasn't turned into a zombie?

Last edited by tmntpower1988; 05-24-2014 at 03:10 PM.
tmntpower1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014, 08:35 PM   #66
Ramboraph4life aka Matt
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Oh yeah because the Nick series is more "realistic" and "normal" lol Pizza zombies, the unpredictable effects of the mutagen, April's powers and so on
You forgot about those crazy Squirrels, or the Mikey/ShellAcne stuff.
Ramboraph4life aka Matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014, 11:20 PM   #67
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Pfff, man I'm almost hating the 2003 series. All that crap with the Supershredders and sh#t. Also Baxter when only his head was on legs etc. And all the monsters.

I'm fond of realism and ''normal'' things like the Shredder in the 2012 series. I want to watch mutated Ninja Turtles with no robots etc.

I really hope the Nick show doesn't do thing horrible things to the show like the 2003 series. Right now all the unrealistic Krang stuff irritates me a bit.
This is the most bizarre post I've read. The entire Nick series is about robots, aliens and mutants.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2014, 01:27 AM   #68
LeotheLateBloomer
Foot Elite

Quote:
Nickelodeon's animation is beautiful and smooth. I prefer the computer animated style.
In a majority of episodes yes but in some of the early episodes such as Metalhead and Monkey Brains, the animation was a bit too jarring for me. I couldn't help but think of Penguins of Madagascar, which had a ridiculously sporadic animation style. And I think the design choices are fine for the turtles (Donnie takes time to get used to) but for me, I prefer the comic book art style designs over the CGI designs. But I'm more of a comic book guy so that may be why.
LeotheLateBloomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2014, 10:59 AM   #69
Whatswiththeheadbands?
The Weed of Crime

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeotheLateBloomer View Post
In a majority of episodes yes but in some of the early episodes such as Metalhead and Monkey Brains, the animation was a bit too jarring for me. I couldn't help but think of Penguins of Madagascar, which had a ridiculously sporadic animation style. And I think the design choices are fine for the turtles (Donnie takes time to get used to) but for me, I prefer the comic book art style designs over the CGI designs. But I'm more of a comic book guy so that may be why.
I too prefer the 2003 animation to the 2012 animation. I've always liked 2d animation over 3d animation.

IMO, when cgi is cheap, then it looks unwatchable.

When 2d animation is cheap, then it still looks watchable, even if it is a bit weird to look at.

IMO, the 2003 art style is one of the best art styles ever put in anything.
Old 05-24-2014, 03:30 PM   #70
tmntpower1988
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramboraph4life aka Matt View Post
You forgot about those crazy Squirrels, or the Mikey/ShellAcne stuff.
What's up with the gross stuff in the Nick series? Has Ciro got some sort of sick fetish he wants to get out of his system? lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by whatswiththeheadbands? View Post
I too prefer the 2003 animation to the 2012 animation. I've always liked 2d animation over 3d animation.

IMO, when cgi is cheap, then it looks unwatchable.

When 2d animation is cheap, then it still looks watchable, even if it is a bit weird to look at.

IMO, the 2003 art style is one of the best art styles ever put in anything.
The 2003 art style/animation is great it's my favourite of the 3 series. I can't really get into CGI at all. It's not just the animation in the Nick series, there's other CGI cartoons and movies which I find painful to watch too. The only thing keeping me watching Nick TMNT is that some of the episodes do have some decent plots but there are some episodes I'll not be watching again as well.
tmntpower1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2014, 05:15 PM   #71
TheSkeletonMan939
A New Day, A New Headache

Quote:
What's up with the gross stuff in the Nick series? Has Ciro got some sort of sick fetish he wants to get out of his system? lol

It's not just the animation in the Nick series, there's other CGI cartoons and movies which I find painful to watch too. The only thing keeping me watching Nick TMNT is that some of the episodes do have some decent plots but there are some episodes I'll not be watching again as well.
That's why I stopped watching the Nick series so early on. The CGI was unappealing, the jokes were gross and stupid, and the plot lines were very hit or miss. I mean hell, episode THREE was nothing but a poorly-written piece of television trash. From what I've heard the last few episodes have been okay, but there were too many stupid mutants and too many stupid characters, and way too many stupid storylines for me to keep watching past the first few eps. Oh, and none of the characters are at all likable.
TheSkeletonMan939 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2014, 05:18 PM   #72
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSkeletonMan939 View Post
That's why I stopped watching the Nick series so early on. The CGI was unappealing, the jokes were gross and stupid, and the plot lines were very hit or miss. I mean hell, episode THREE was nothing but a poorly-written piece of television trash. From what I've heard the last few episodes have been okay, but there were too many stupid mutants and too many stupid characters, and way too many stupid storylines for me to keep watching past the first few eps. Oh, and none of the characters are at all likable.
If you stopped watching its your loss. The CG in the show is the best for a TV show not called Star Wars and the show has very entertaining plots and stories.

Yes it's very mutant heavy but aside from that it is well done. I don't know why you would drop it.
Old 05-24-2014, 05:41 PM   #73
Technogeek29
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
If you stopped watching its your loss. The CG in the show is the best for a TV show not called Star Wars and the show has very entertaining plots and stories.

Yes it's very mutant heavy but aside from that it is well done. I don't know why you would drop it.
That stuff bugs me but, 2k12 Mikey is the only thing that would make me consider dropping the series. Some people might find that extreme but, I've seen people dropped 2k3 for Splinter being a grey rat instead of brown.
Old 05-24-2014, 06:07 PM   #74
TheSkeletonMan939

Quote:
I don't know why you would drop it.
Boring plot and unlikable characters are the two main culprits.
Old 05-24-2014, 06:13 PM   #75
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSkeletonMan939 View Post
Boring plot and unlikable characters are the two main culprits.
The Turtles have the best personalities they've ever had, and the majority of the villains aside from the mindless mutants are well done.

Also what "boring plot?" What do you expect them to do? They're basically going through the motions every new TMNT universe does at the start.
Old 05-24-2014, 06:52 PM   #76
Jephael
That whack job behind you

Quote:
The Turtles have the best personalities they've ever had,
Yea, if you like Donatello as a creepy stalker, Leonardo as a control freak, Michelangelo as a complete retard and Raphael suffering from male PMS!

www.jephael.com
Jephael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2014, 07:48 PM   #77
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jephael View Post
Yea, if you like Donatello as a creepy stalker, Leonardo as a control freak, Michelangelo as a complete retard and Raphael suffering from male PMS!
Is this a joke? Raphael and Leonardo have the best on-screen personalities they've ever had, and Mikey is funny and no more ridiculous than 2k3 Mikey.

Donnie's crush is getting annoying so hopefully it will be toned down.
Old 05-24-2014, 09:48 PM   #78
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jephael View Post
Don isn't a stalker, he's in love. You never been in love with a girl so hot you couldn't even talk to her and had to admire her from afar? If it was bothering April, she would have put a stop to it by now. It's not creepy if the girl doesn't mind.

Leo is the leader that takes thing too seriously. He's always gonna be the control freak. Most of his arguments with Raph come from the fact that Raph doesn't just blindly obey him all the time.

...... you got me with Mikey... still less annoying than the 2K3 version.

Raph has (almost) always been that way. At least here it's more justified due to his age. Any other version has Raph acting pissy.... just because. At least he picks fights with all his brothers. In the 2K3 he singles out Mikey the most.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2014, 03:36 AM   #79
pennydreadful
trash

Quote:
Not to go off-topic, but as the kind of person who is a spot-squeezer and a zit-picker, watching the Shellacne episode was disgusting torture for me! I was like "Gah! Need to squeeze... something!"
pennydreadful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2014, 07:19 AM   #80
TheSkeletonMan939

Quote:
The Turtles have the best personalities they've ever had
Don's love for April is creepy, and absolutely contrived and forced.

Mikey is an absolute annoying dumbass, even for a character with ADHD. I mean, 2K3 Mikey overall wasn't too funny either, but I've seen better jokes on Arthur as a kid than in the Nick series.

Tags
4kids