The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Video Games

Notices

Old 03-20-2017, 11:38 PM   #10001
Powder
So tired of this place

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
If you don't know, the painter guy tells you the location of every memory in the game. You first meet him in Kakariko village and then he's at most of the horse stables telling you where each memory is in each region. Nearly all the memories were extremely easy to find once he told you where they were, except one tricky one on a mountain in the Death Mountain area. The last memory is actually in Hyrule castle so you can't get it till you go there.

The sidequests are fun to do but it's a shame your reward is just rupees or a diamond or whatever. In previous games the sidequests/minigames is where you got all your Heart pieces from. But in this game you get all your Heart containers from the shrines instead, so the sidequests don't really give you anything useful besides money. Still they're fun to do and I always like helping the townspeople in every Zelda.

Besides that there's also 5 Great fairies to find, 4 regular ones and a obscure 5th one.
I do know about him, but thanks all the same. His advice has been helpful, but there are still some that I just plum can't find, even with his guidance. Like the two lover's statues under a tree near that bridge. Scoured that area 3 separate times...

Yeah, the quests can be a bit lackluster for sure. Not always worth your effort. There's that bow/arrow shop saleswoman who wants you to light a few torches with fire arrows, who only gives you 50 rupees for it. You can't even buy more fire arrows with that money! Tch. & yeah, the fairies, I hate that they want money this time around & don't even friggin' heal you.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 06:56 AM   #10002
CyberCubed
Overlord

I know what memory you're talking about with those two small statues, it's a little to the left of a hill facing the bridge on Lake Hylia. You just gotta match your sight with what's in the picture so the landscape matches in both so you know you're in the right place.

The sidequests range from simple to kind of tedious. My least favorite one was collecting 55 rushrooms for one random guy in a horse stable, all he gives you is a diamond. Another annoying one was reading the 10 Zora monuments on the walls surrounding Zora's domain, you had to go find them all and speak to the old Zora. Thankfully beyond that the other sidequests are not too bad.

Also is it just me or are the children in this game adorable? I love the way they all run around, the two twin girls in Kakario, the boys in Haterno, and all the little Zora/Rito/Goron and Gerudo kids are great too. They make that "huff huff" sound when they run too.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 06:26 PM   #10003
CyberCubed
Overlord

Well final game update:

- Completed the main story prior to fighting Ganon
- All memories complete
- All 120 Shrines finished (thank god)
- All sidequests finished (saw a checklist to make sure I didn't miss any)
- I got about 100 Korok seeds
- I bought all the different armor/clothing sets. The only ones I don't have is the ones you need Amiibo's to unlock Link's tunics from past games.
- I played the various minigames quite a bit

All I have left to do now is beat the final boss I guess. I can't believe I'm done with Zelda, my playtime is around 80 hours. I can't wait for the DLC, if Nintendo can add some good new stories or dungeons this game will be even better.

I guess it was worth the 5 year wait since Skyward Sword.
Old 03-22-2017, 09:19 AM   #10004
Shark_Blade
Emperor

Ugh...Skyward Sword Link's face is so ugly...

Anyway I'm playing Twilight Princess HD on wiiU. Amazing game.

The Switch sold out but I don't mind. I'm glad business is good for Nintendo. I can wait for new stock to arrive (hopefully they corrected the left JoyCon sync problem by then which affected some people at the moment ).
Shark_Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2017, 08:27 PM   #10005
sdp
Megan Fox = April

My Nintendo sucks, what a terrible service, I miss the hated Club Nintendo, at least I used to get free VC games from time to time.

I finished playing Fire Emblem Heroes, it's fun even if a bit basic. I'm not sure if I'd like the real games though as I think they're a bit too chatty for me. I was able to get all the heroes I wanted through the orbs which is the currency of the game you have to pay for with just the ones that they give away for free so i was lucky. I wasn't willing to pay for a random chance of getting the heroes I wanted but after a while I finally got all the ones I wanted just through luck with the free orbs they give.

Super Mario Run also came out on Android and I like it, I really want to support the non-free to play model on mobile which I think should exist but I can't justify the ten dollars for it, especially since Super Mario Run seems to be the perfect game to be played in the F2P mode, it's almost frustrating that it isn't. I'll eventually get it on a sale though.

It's weird having Nintendo quality titles on my tablet but I have to say I'm liking it. They aren't half--ssing it.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2017, 08:29 PM   #10006
CyberCubed
Overlord

My final playtime for Breath of the Wild was 89 hours and 34 minutes according to the activity log.

Hot damn, I can't remember the last game I put nearly 90 hours into, especially in the same playthrough.
Old 03-29-2017, 10:07 PM   #10007
Powder
So tired of this place

150 hours for me & I'm only 2 Divine Beasts in!

Also up to 99 shrines & 197 Koroks.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2017, 11:59 PM   #10008
ssjup81
Foot Elite

Quote:
Well final game update:

- Completed the main story prior to fighting Ganon
- All memories complete
- All 120 Shrines finished (thank god)
- All sidequests finished (saw a checklist to make sure I didn't miss any)
- I got about 100 Korok seeds
- I bought all the different armor/clothing sets. The only ones I don't have is the ones you need Amiibo's to unlock Link's tunics from past games.
- I played the various minigames quite a bit

All I have left to do now is beat the final boss I guess. I can't believe I'm done with Zelda, my playtime is around 80 hours. I can't wait for the DLC, if Nintendo can add some good new stories or dungeons this game will be even better.

I guess it was worth the 5 year wait since Skyward Sword.
Did you use a strategy guide?
ssjup81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2017, 12:49 AM   #10009
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssjup81 View Post
Did you use a strategy guide?
Not really, no. I had to look up the solution for one or two shrines but that was it.
Old 03-31-2017, 06:08 PM   #10010
ssjup81
Foot Elite

Quote:
Not really, no. I had to look up the solution for one or two shrines but that was it.
A friend of mine has it. I'm not one to use them, but I'd pick it up for the cover alone. lol
ssjup81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2017, 03:10 PM   #10011
Chris
Mad Scientist

Taking it slow and just enjoying the journey at the moment (only done 12 shrines so far) but loving every second of it. I spend hours just exploring and not really going anywhere!
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2017, 03:00 AM   #10012
TheBlueTurtle1
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
Taking it slow and just enjoying the journey at the moment (only done 12 shrines so far) but loving every second of it. I spend hours just exploring and not really going anywhere!
1 more shrine to go, then I get the Green Tunic.

http://jandmdev.deviantart.com/ (My Brother and I have a dev page, I am J, brother is M)
TheBlueTurtle1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2017, 04:30 PM   #10013
sdp
Megan Fox = April

That Nintendo Direct was boring and doesn't solve any of the basic questions about the Switch we were promised and that we've had since the last direct and before they Switch even launched.

I feel like I made the best decision to hold out on the switch, how are the people who have switch been enjoying it? Any problems with the bending or scratches? Do you have anything to play besides Zelda? Are you fine with Nintendo basically using you for a a pre-launch before the system is actually ready? I'm curious, not trolling.
Old 04-12-2017, 04:40 PM   #10014
CyberCubed
Overlord

Arms looks very interesting, but I'm worried it's only going to have like 6-7 playable characters. Since it's technically a fighting game, you really need at least 10-15 characters to be playable.

Unless they add new fighters for free sort of similar to how Splatoon 1 launched with only a few maps then added more for free.
Old 04-12-2017, 04:43 PM   #10015
Cure
Y'all need Jesus

I was gonna answer your questions but...

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
Are you fine with Nintendo basically using you for a a pre-launch before the system is actually ready? I'm curious, not trolling.
...sure, pal.
Old 04-12-2017, 06:23 PM   #10016
The Deadman
Foot Elite

Quote:
That Nintendo Direct was boring and doesn't solve any of the basic questions about the Switch we were promised and that we've had since the last direct and before they Switch even launched.

I feel like I made the best decision to hold out on the switch, how are the people who have switch been enjoying it? Any problems with the bending or scratches? Do you have anything to play besides Zelda? Are you fine with Nintendo basically using you for a a pre-launch before the system is actually ready? I'm curious, not trolling.
The console has been out for a month. I feel like you were destined to hate it and are sticking to your guns.

Last Movie Watched: Hell House LLC (2015).
Last TV Show Watched: Adventures of Sonic The Hedgehog (S1:E29).
The Deadman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2017, 08:56 PM   #10017
sdp
Megan Fox = April

I'm a Nintendo fanboy, no doubt about it. As horrible as the Wii U looked I still got it at launch and as much as I criticized the Switch I almost bought it on 3 different occasions. I love the company and they really gotta do the bare minimum to have me on board but they've really dropped the ball and even I learn.

I can tell you my terrible experiences with the Wii U, I do feel burned about it and if I'd waited on getting it I would've had a much better deal/experience which is why I'm waiting. But come on it's obvious this machine was not ready to hit the mass market and they sold it so the die hards could get it early and then have enough units for the mass audience. That's why I asked the questions above, my Wii U at least had Youtube and Netflix at launch, it also randomly crashes from time to time but very seldom so it's not a huge issue. Early adopters are always beta testers though, that's nothing new and most of us know that.
Old 04-12-2017, 09:42 PM   #10018
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
I can tell you my terrible experiences with the Wii U, I do feel burned about it and if I'd waited on getting it
So because you didn't buy all the games Nintendo released for Wii-U, it's a terrible experience? Nintendo released about 10-15 good games for the Wii-U, same as any past Nintendo console depending on your tastes.
Old 04-12-2017, 09:44 PM   #10019
Cure
Y'all need Jesus

Youtube and Netflix is seriously your metric for "a machine ready to hit the mass market"? **** that's probably on like 5 devices or more in your house? Come on, man.
Old 04-12-2017, 09:46 PM   #10020
CyberCubed
Overlord

Yeah, the only thing the Switch is bizarrely lacking so far is a Virtual Console. If they don't announce it at E3, I'm betting it won't launch till holiday time this year.