The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 11-05-2017, 10:21 AM   #581
Leolead
Stone Warrior

The score for this movie sounds underwhelming & nothing like what came before. I know it's Elfman but I'm not a fan of whimsical, classic thing he's doing for this movie. I also find it odd to hear the Michael Keaton theme in that clip. Just wish they kept Zimmer.
Old 11-05-2017, 10:35 AM   #583
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZariusTwo View Post
Lots of new clips

That 89 Batman theme in the meeting Jim Gordon clip

Last edited by Autbot_Benz; 11-05-2017 at 10:43 AM.
Autbot_Benz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2017, 10:59 AM   #584
CyberCubed
Overlord

Flash looks so geeky and out of place. Not sure I like this Flash.

I have to say Ben Affleck really does go a good Batman. I really hope he doesn't get fired and he's in the upcoming Batman movie in 2018. And for once his "Batman voice" doesn't sound like a sour throat like Christian Bale's did.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2017, 11:17 AM   #585
ProphetofGanja
Dub Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post

I have to say Ben Affleck really does go a good Batman. I really hope he doesn't get fired and he's in the upcoming Batman movie in 2018. And for once his "Batman voice" doesn't sound like a sour throat like Christian Bale's did.
Was there ever any claims that he would be fired from the role? I thought the rumors were that he may not want to continue playing Batman if the movies weren't well-received
ProphetofGanja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2017, 11:22 AM   #586
CyberCubed
Overlord

Recently Affleck got accussed of sexually harrassing women and we had a video of him drunk with a woman in his lap from some years ago.

After seeing stuff like Kevin Spacey get fired and such, it's a real possibility.
Old 11-05-2017, 11:46 AM   #587
ProphetofGanja
Dub Professor

Quote:
Recently Affleck got accussed of sexually harrassing women and we had a video of him drunk with a woman in his lap from some years ago.

After seeing stuff like Kevin Spacey get fired and such, it's a real possibility.
Oh wow I missed that
ProphetofGanja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2017, 01:14 PM   #588
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Cavill teases the possibility of Jon Kent (Clark and Lois' son) in the DCEU near the end of the interview
ZariusTwo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2017, 07:12 PM   #589
Splinter the boss
Stone Warrior

Seeing those clips, I'm worried about the movie. I really hope it's good, I was excited since Wonder Woman.
They made Barry an idiot, which isn't good.

"I am absolute, lower your head!"

Last edited by Splinter the boss; 11-05-2017 at 07:21 PM.
Splinter the boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2017, 07:22 PM   #590
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Pretty much all things the character has never been. Wally West was that early on, but never Barry. Barry is stoic and heroic and c*cksure while also being super smart.

How this...

Became this...

... I have no idea. This is a FAKE Flash. If it at least appeared to be a proper Flash meeting Batman and Superman and Wonder Woman, that I'd at least be nominally excited about. As it is, it's just... Batman teaming with Wonder Woman, which we've already seen, with Momoa doing some kind of Kal Drogo impression as Aquaman, some kind of FAKE geeky kid Flash, and Cyborg in the mix who isn't even supposed to be on the Justice League but is because they're not meeting their black quotient. So lame.

And jesus, imagine if the DCEU gave this Barry Allen his own Wally West. Or Bart Allen. How would that even work? The guy looks and acts like he's 12 years old.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2017, 07:27 PM   #591
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Pretty much all things the character has never been. Wally West was that early on, but never Barry. Barry is stoic and heroic and c*cksure while also being super smart.

How this...

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/9b/13...eae222dc01.jpg

http://cdn.collider.com/wp-content/u...sh_thin_01.jpg

Became this...

https://img.buzzfeed.com/buzzfeed-st...-28_dblbig.jpg

... I have no idea. This is a FAKE Flash. If it at least appeared to be a proper Flash meeting Batman and Superman and Wonder Woman, that I'd at least be nominally excited about. As it is, it's just... Batman teaming with Wonder Woman, which we've already seen, with Momoa doing some kind of Kal Drogo impression as Aquaman, some kind of FAKE geeky kid Flash, and Cyborg in the mix who isn't even supposed to be on the Justice League but is because they're not meeting their black quotient. So lame.

And jesus, imagine if the DCEU gave this Barry Allen his own Wally West. Or Bart Allen. How would that even work? The guy looks and acts like he's 12 years old.
At least its not the CW Flash that is in the movie that would be bad too
Old 11-05-2017, 07:41 PM   #592
Papenbrook
*The King of Nothing*

Quote:

Quote:

He should be punished.

It would set the standard for what is and isn't acceptable to do in Hollywood. Too many people get away with that kind of crap.
Papenbrook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2017, 07:55 PM   #593
NinjaPug
Foot Elite

Quote:

What Batman movie in 2018?
NinjaPug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2017, 08:04 PM   #594
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papenbrook View Post
He should be punished.

It would set the standard for what is and isn't acceptable to do in Hollywood. Too many people get away with that kind of crap.
Old 11-05-2017, 11:22 PM   #595
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaPug View Post
What Batman movie in 2018?
I don't know if you're serious or not but:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1877830/?ref_=nm_flmg_wr_1

Matt Reeves Batman film with Ben Affleck.
Old 11-05-2017, 11:29 PM   #596
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
I don't know if you're serious or not but:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1877830/?ref_=nm_flmg_wr_1

Matt Reeves Batman film with Ben Affleck.
That definitely won't be seeing the light of day in 2018, though. It's nowhere near even ready to be filmed... a start date isn't even being whispered about yet. Though the whole thing is a bit odd. The timeline of it:

Rush rush rush! Ben Affleck, will you helm and star in The Batman in time to make its mandated 2018 release???

I think so, if the script is good! We're working on it now with Geoff Johns and I'm feeling really great about it.

OK, it's been months. What's the update? We're getting close to the shoot date!

Eh, gonna just star in it now.

Matt Reeves! Welcome aboard The Batman as director! What are you doing, exactly?

Completely scrapping everything and starting over. It'll be filming when it's ready to and good.

Which begs the question of... how come Matt Reeves got to push everything back to his whim and Ben Affleck was forced to play within a certain start date when he was still tapped to direct? I don't know what was going on behind the scenes but if I was Ben, I'd be pretty pissed about that. If Ben had been granted carte blanche time-wise to make The Batman both a directorial and starring effort, he'd have been fine with that.
Old 11-05-2017, 11:33 PM   #597
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZariusTwo View Post
Lots of new clips

I actually really liked to hear the Batman theme there.
Old 11-06-2017, 12:07 AM   #598
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Quote:
I actually really liked to hear the Batman theme there.
Same here it was amazing
Old 11-06-2017, 01:56 AM   #599
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autbot_Benz View Post
At least its not the CW Flash that is in the movie that would be bad too
I don't have any axe to grind with the CW Flash. He fits that mold and that universe just fine. I'm on season 4 of Arrow now, finally, but when it came to Flash... I (so far) only got a couple of episodes in. Just sort of lost interest. So far it's... a show about a speedster with a relatively endearing actor that... really has nothing to do with the actual character of Barry Allen as established by some 60 years of comics about beyond some of the CSI stuff. It's strange. On a nitpick level, if they were so in love with Grant Gustin, would it really have killed them to just make him dye his hair blond to suit the character? I mean, if they're not even going to bother having the character behave like Barry Allen, maybe they could at least spend the $20 every two weeks to make him have the same hair color as the character to somewhat loosely approximate the appearance? If Spike on Buffy could do that on a tiny TV budget for 13 years, I'm sure CW's The Flash could muster that for Grant.

With the DCEU Flash, with Ezra Miller... we can clearly place the blame on Zack Snyder. I remember the interview with him where he said he saw Ezra in some thing and said to the interviewer, "Then I knew it! He's the perfect Flash!" But he didn't say Barry Allen. Because he never bothered to research who that even was. He probably saw some episode trailer for a random episode of the CW Flash and said to himself, "Oh, that's who that guy is," then made his decision. And now WB (and we) are stuck with it.
Old 11-06-2017, 04:12 AM   #600
LeotheLateBloomer
Foot Elite

Quote:
That definitely won't be seeing the light of day in 2018, though. It's nowhere near even ready to be filmed... a start date isn't even being whispered about yet. Though the whole thing is a bit odd. The timeline of it:

Rush rush rush! Ben Affleck, will you helm and star in The Batman in time to make its mandated 2018 release???

I think so, if the script is good! We're working on it now with Geoff Johns and I'm feeling really great about it.

OK, it's been months. What's the update? We're getting close to the shoot date!

Eh, gonna just star in it now.

Matt Reeves! Welcome aboard The Batman as director! What are you doing, exactly?

Completely scrapping everything and starting over. It'll be filming when it's ready to and good.

Which begs the question of... how come Matt Reeves got to push everything back to his whim and Ben Affleck was forced to play within a certain start date when he was still tapped to direct? I don't know what was going on behind the scenes but if I was Ben, I'd be pretty pissed about that. If Ben had been granted carte blanche time-wise to make The Batman both a directorial and starring effort, he'd have been fine with that.
Yeah, if they haven't even started filming yet, there's no way this movie's releasing in 2018.

Even 2019 is hard to say.

Whether or not JL does well, Aquaman is likely to happen.
LeotheLateBloomer is offline   Reply With Quote