The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 02-08-2017, 08:10 PM   #101
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
The humans don't age either and they're all in their 40's now.

Krillin, Bulma, Yamcha, Tien and Yajirobe are all in their mid 40's now. They don't look any older than they did in the Saiyan saga. I'd love to know what anti-aging methods they have in the Dragonball universe.

Hell, Mr. Satan has got to be pushing 50 himself given he has a 23 year old daughter.
Satan at least lost a lot of muscle since the cell days (and got a tan apparently), so he does looked aged. The other humans...? Not so much.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2017, 10:32 PM   #102
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
Satan at least lost a lot of muscle since the cell days (and got a tan apparently), so he does looked aged. The other humans...? Not so much.
Bulma reminds me of those real life actress/models/singers who continue to make themselves look good despite their aging in their 40's and 50's by undergoing plastic surgery or whatever to keep themselves looking young.

Although Bulma does look very aged in the last 3 episodes of DBZ during the timeskip. If they ever go back to that era, I wonder if they'll redesign Bulma to make her younger again. She was around 50 at that point.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2017, 01:54 AM   #103
Allio
Foot Elite

Goku is now literally worse than Zamas
Old 02-12-2017, 07:22 AM   #104
Anarchistguy
Mad Scientist

Location: Canada (This country is too peaceful, Something's up...)
I noticed the huge boost in quality. Thanks to that, this show finally feels like Dragon Ball.

"When my time comes, I wanna be buried face down, so those who don't like me can kiss my ass!"
Anarchistguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2017, 02:20 PM   #105
Coola Yagami
Overlord

I noticed that Satan lost the tan and looks more like his DBZ self.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Old 02-12-2017, 03:48 PM   #106
CyberCubed
Overlord

I still can't believe there's a new Dragonball series going on. Just a few years ago the idea of a new Dragonball anime airing weekly was nothing but a pipedream.

I still remember in the early 2000's when those of us growing up with the dub wondering if Dragonball would ever continue and we were constantly told, "Dragonball ended way back in 1996 a decade ago! After GT bombed Toei will never make another series!"

How ironic. Then again I never believed there would be new Star Wars movies set after episode 6 with Luke/Han/Leia returning as old people either, but here we are.
Old 02-12-2017, 04:05 PM   #107
LeotheLateBloomer
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Then again I never believed there would be new Star Wars movies set after episode 6 with Luke/Han/Leia returning as old people either, but here we are.
Are you serious?!
LeotheLateBloomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2017, 05:16 PM   #108
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeotheLateBloomer View Post
Are you serious?!
Uh, yes? Nobody ever believed there would be a Star Wars Episode 7 or beyond for years. Much less with the original cast reprising their roles.

I remember in the 90's and early 2000's people would always joke about it and say, "What if they made more movies taking place after Episode 6 with Luke, Han and Leia?" or something like that, and it was always laughed at. Nobody believed it would ever happen.

Harrisson Ford also said many times in the 90's he never wanted to play Han Solo again.
Old 02-12-2017, 06:47 PM   #109
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Yeah, even if they did make some new star wars movie, noone woulda guessed they'd bring back Luke, Leia and Han.

Old 02-13-2017, 06:26 AM   #110
LeotheLateBloomer
Foot Elite

Well, I didn't expect them to have major roles as a new cast would likely be the case. But with how big Star Wars is, reboot or sequel, I did expect there to be another one.....years later, though.

Back on topic, I do like the new intro.
LeotheLateBloomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2017, 07:15 PM   #111
Anarchistguy
Mad Scientist

Wow....tonight's episode made me feel like a kid again!!

"When my time comes, I wanna be buried face down, so those who don't like me can kiss my ass!"
Old 02-18-2017, 07:30 PM   #112
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anarchistguy View Post
Wow....tonight's episode made me feel like a kid again!!
What? Do you mean the Japanese one? I don't think they aired today's CN ep yet unless it's a time zone thing.

Old 02-18-2017, 07:37 PM   #113
Anarchistguy
Mad Scientist

Quote:
What? Do you mean the Japanese one? I don't think they aired today's CN ep yet unless it's a time zone thing.
Sorry. I meant the japanese one lol. I felt the same excitement I used to have when I watched DBZ as a kid.

Last edited by Anarchistguy; 02-18-2017 at 08:19 PM.
Old 02-18-2017, 07:59 PM   #114
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Sorry. I meant the japanese one lol. I felt the same excitement I felt when I used to have when I watched DBZ as a kid.
Wow. I'll be sure to watch it after I'm done with Adult Swim. Thanks!

Old 02-18-2017, 08:18 PM   #115
Anarchistguy
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Wow. I'll be sure to watch it after I'm done with Adult Swim. Thanks!
Np! Be sure to post your opinion of the ep!

Old 02-18-2017, 11:25 PM   #116
CyberCubed
Overlord

Majin Buu is awesome. Fantastic episode. I just can't believe how much better Super has gotten. It's unbelieveable. I've been really enjoying it since the start of the Zamasu arc, but it seems to get consistently better now as it goes on.

If you told me even only a few years ago that in the year 2017 I would be watching new Dragonball episodes and enjoying them as a fully grown adult, I would have burst out laughing. Hot damn, I guess you never know.
Old 02-19-2017, 12:24 AM   #117
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Np! Be sure to post your opinion of the ep!
I loved it, especially since Buu won. I have to say, this is already blowing GT out of the water. Buu has gotten way more exposure and way more props here than in GT. Sure he was kinda underused in Super, but in this episode, he finally got to shine. It would have been so easy for them to make the wolf guy win just to play up how powerful these new guys are, and I would have understood that it's to help hype up the other universes, but the fact remains that Buu would have to had lost. I'm glad he still won.

The fact that the gang can't sense their ki will also make things interesting because they can't tell how weak or strong the opponents are.

Old 02-19-2017, 12:59 AM   #118
CyberCubed
Overlord

Yeah I was really disappointed when Buu wasn't used in the Champa tournament. He and Botamo could have had a good battle instead of the boring one he had with Goku. The fact that Toei's advertisements showed Buu fighting Botamo when it never happened in the show only stung more. That yellow bear looks like he was created for Buu and it's bizarre we didn't get to see them fight.
Old 02-25-2017, 05:36 PM   #119
Anarchistguy
Mad Scientist

Another good episode. This show has been on a roll, recently!

Old 02-25-2017, 07:11 PM   #120
CyberCubed
Overlord

I'm glad they confirmed the angels like Whis don't get erased in their universe. Too bad Beerus and the Kai's are screwed.