The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > 4Kids TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

View Poll Results: Anyone think the new gang portrayed here will be involved in City at War?
No, this ep was only full of cutsey fluff... 4 11.11%
Yeah, it sure sounded like it! 32 88.89%
Voters: 36. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 10-18-2003, 03:40 PM   #41
Splinter
Radical Rat

Didn't someone mention that on the TV, there was an image of a samurai with some sort of stroller? Or a baby cart, like the first image on that page I linked to. If so, then yes. It was probably 'Lone Wolf and Cub' on the TV.

R.I.P. Master Splinter - Mirage Comics - May 1984 / June 2003
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles - New Episode Guide
Old 10-18-2003, 04:04 PM   #42
trisha
Random Punk

everysaying the animation was better in this ep. I didnt see a difference and is the ACTUALLY a difference(like if a show producerr said it would be) or did it just look like?
Old 10-18-2003, 04:51 PM   #43
lhb412
Foot Soldier

I thought this was a great eppisode. After the chaos and carnage of Return to New York it was good to have this kinda eppisode, and of course even though the battles and animation were really good the interation of Tyler and Raph was what owned the epp to me. It was a nice character driven story.

I must also say that the begining of this eppisode was really well done, all of them seem to be on edge, notice how Mikey isn't cracking any jokes and he's jumping all over Raph:

"It's no time for the hot-head thing!"
Old 10-18-2003, 05:38 PM   #44
J Legault
Mad Scientist

Well after reading detail on what the episode is base on. Lone Wolf & cub which was popular Samari Series. From looking at the pictures I can tell that the episode did show Tyler watching it.

Now for the Mobsters. Yes alot of Gangsters have Machine guns and Brash Knuckles. But the staff didn't want any Gun Fire in the show. You how there are rules that say you can't break a simple TVY7 code. Smoke Gernades, Clubs, and bars would do fine.

Simalar Title only it's involved with Gangster instead of Samari.
I got into the habbit back in 1992 or 93' when I was little. I would like to thank my 2 year older cousin for getting me in the habbit. 2001 was when I revised my knowledge on TMNT. And today I'm a bigger fan than I was years ago. I have all 3 TMNT Movies, current Toon, and old school Toon on DVD.
Old 10-18-2003, 06:18 PM   #45
U2WaTCHer
Hench Mutant

I would have **** if it was another Zak lol thou its a better boy update thing for the show
Old 10-18-2003, 06:27 PM   #46
Mondo J. Gecko
Mad Scientist

Yeah the whole Episode I get saying to myself "hey its Zack the fifth Turtle 2K3 style" , but obviuosly its not....
Old 10-18-2003, 07:41 PM   #47
Jo Dawn
Inactive Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by lhb412
I must also say that the begining of this eppisode was really well done, all of them seem to be on edge, notice how Mikey isn't cracking any jokes and he's jumping all over Raph:

"It's no time for the hot-head thing!"
Yeah, I noticed that, too. I also thought it was a good idea on Leo's part to not argue with Raph about going topside. He obviously knew it'd make Raph feel better to go up and look, and not start an argument. Good call on his part.

I really liked the episode. Raph and Tyler were good together; Raph getting a taste of his own medicine: a kid just like him. But, yeah, it was enjoyable. I liked it.
Old 10-18-2003, 08:03 PM   #48
Machias Banshee
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo Dawn
I really liked the episode. Raph and Tyler were good together; Raph getting a taste of his own medicine: a kid just like him. But, yeah, it was enjoyable. I liked it.
Its the Dreaded Curse that every parent says to their children...!

"When you grow up and have children of your own, I hope you have a little girl/boy JUST LIKE YOU!"

*somewhere far off, Splinter chuckles evilly*
Old 10-18-2003, 08:28 PM   #49
TheShredder
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Legault
Yes alot of Gangsters have Machine guns and Brash Knuckles. But the staff didn't want any Gun Fire in the show. You how there are rules that say you can't break a simple TVY7 code. Smoke Gernades, Clubs, and bars would do fine.
But shows like Justice League have gun fire all the time. And they still get a TVY7 rateing. They just have noone get shot.
Old 10-18-2003, 08:32 PM   #50
J Legault
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShredder
Quote:
Originally Posted by J Legault
Yes alot of Gangsters have Machine guns and Brash Knuckles. But the staff didn't want any Gun Fire in the show. You how there are rules that say you can't break a simple TVY7 code. Smoke Gernades, Clubs, and bars would do fine.
But shows like Justice League have gun fire all the time. And they still get a TVY7 rateing. They just have noone get shot.
Different show different TVY7 code I guess. But I'm just saying that it's not nessary to show guns on TMNT. If you want real gangsters with guns watch Fat Tony on the Simpsons.

Atleast they avoid showing blood on TMNT.
I got into the habbit back in 1992 or 93' when I was little. I would like to thank my 2 year older cousin for getting me in the habbit. 2001 was when I revised my knowledge on TMNT. And today I'm a bigger fan than I was years ago. I have all 3 TMNT Movies, current Toon, and old school Toon on DVD.
Old 10-18-2003, 08:37 PM   #51
TheShredder
Banned

No I'm just saying they could have guns just not show anyone getting shot. But as a ninja you really wouldn't expect Raph to anyway.
Old 10-18-2003, 09:00 PM   #52
J Legault
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShredder
No I'm just saying they could have guns just not show anyone getting shot. But as a ninja you really wouldn't expect Raph to anyway.
My guess that this show is suppose to have Ninja Action but Ninja plus Gun Fireing won't mix.

Let's just say Guns are out of the question for weapons.
Old 10-18-2003, 09:34 PM   #53
Jo Dawn
Inactive Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Machias Banshee
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo Dawn
Its the Dreaded Curse that every parent says to their children...!

"When you grow up and have children of your own, I hope you have a little girl/boy JUST LIKE YOU!"

*somewhere far off, Splinter chuckles evilly*
Yeah, that's EXACTLY what I thought of, when I saw that, when parents say that to their kids... I'm sure Splinter would have gotten a kick out of seeing Raph and Tyler. lol
Old 10-18-2003, 09:49 PM   #54
Spiderman_2o99
Random Punk

This was awesome!

Anyhow...Yes..Yes..Raph was awesome...but they are not the best at fighting blindly...they aren't masters yet...Plus...No offense to any Raph fans, but when when he is angry, he is not the best fighter...'Memeber Mikey kicking his can in Meet Casey Jones? Either way, This episode was awesome! As for the gun thing...What!?! RTNY lll just had a Baxter arm that was a machine gun!!! Don't tell me it wasn't! Which I found strange by the way...The arm Don used to shoot Stockman was the machine gun arm...Not the missle arm...
Old 10-19-2003, 08:46 AM   #55
Barkworm
Super Moderator

Corny ep! Ok, Leo's supposed to be the better fighter but Raph should also be able to fight blindly! And where has all the character development from "Meet Casey Jones" gone? Raph is still an uncontrollable Hothead??? Come on...
Nevertheless I liked the episode, it really had some cool fight scenes.
Old 10-19-2003, 09:01 AM   #56
jeff the cheff
Mad Scientist

Whenever they want to explain raph's character they just use the word "hotheaad". It was good for a while but they should start using ways to describe him.
Old 10-19-2003, 09:26 AM   #57
GK Punk
I'm your Devil

I watched the ep twice... and... It's the only ep.. I Didn't really like.
I'm so heart broken. THE DREAM IS OVER! BLACK IIS WHITE DAY IS NIGHT, I DONT KNOW WHAT TO THINK ANYMORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Eh... Okay, maybe not that bad.

But I guess after the last wave of absolutley bad ass episodes, this just kinda left me down.
Old 10-19-2003, 09:38 AM   #58
Relay
Hench Mutant

This episode seemed familiar. Raph gets ticked and goes out on his own as well. He meets a kid who is also ticked and want to do things on his own. Raph realizes that the kid reminds him of himself. He tries to calm the kid down so they can come up with a plan to find the kid's mother, just like Leonardo was trying to get Raph to do earlier to find Splinter. This sounds a lot like the episode "Meet Casey Jones" with Raph trying to calm down Casey, who is just as much of a hot-head, kick ass first ask questions later kind of guy. It just seemed like this episode was trying to make a statement about Raph that has already been made, so what was the point of this episode? Other than that reptition, I thought it was a great episode. I love this show!
Old 10-19-2003, 10:36 AM   #59
J Legault
Mad Scientist

Re: This was awesome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiderman_2o99
Anyhow...Yes..Yes..Raph was awesome...but they are not the best at fighting blindly...they aren't masters yet...Plus...No offense to any Raph fans, but when when he is angry, he is not the best fighter...'Memeber Mikey kicking his can in Meet Casey Jones? Either way, This episode was awesome! As for the gun thing...What!?! RTNY lll just had a Baxter arm that was a machine gun!!! Don't tell me it wasn't! Which I found strange by the way...The arm Don used to shoot Stockman was the machine gun arm...Not the missle arm...
Lazor Guns are OK just the Series Staff doesn't have the urge for Bullet Guns. But let's stop talking about why there's no regular guns and get with the subject.
Old 10-19-2003, 11:50 AM   #60
Kali
Inactive Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by barkworm
And where has all the character development from "Meet Casey Jones" gone? Raph is still an uncontrollable Hothead??? Come on...
That just shows what an integral part of Raphael's personality his temper is. It really is an important part of who he is, that he's led by his emotions like that. (And not just anger, but worry and concern as well.) There are LOTS of things about myself I really don't like but as hard as I try, I really can't change who I am, and neither can Raph. But I do like that this shows Raph is more than a short fuse waiting to blow.
Closed Thread