The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 10-04-2016, 12:26 PM   #1
Krutch
Like, stupid rich.

Official Westworld Discussion

Anyone catch the premiere? What did you think?

Personally, I loved it. Can't wait for the next episode.
Krutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2016, 12:42 PM   #2
snake
Disgusting

I need to check it out. Sounds awesome.
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2017, 07:52 AM   #3
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Decided to rewatch the whole thing.

On Delores

Spoiler:
I hope her Wyatt programming doesn't make for a quick fix and actually lasts all through the second season ''narrative''. Teddy now being the more ''innocent'' of the two can definitely work, and you don't know if he'll be swayed or not

And on Mayve

Spoiler:
Is her searching for her daughter part of the ''escape'' narrative? Like she was never MEANT to leave, and that the choice to remain in the park could maybe be a fail safe option, and that she is destined to ultimately bring order to the ''Journey into Night'' narrative?
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2018, 04:29 PM   #4
ProphetofGanja
Dub Professor

Damn, I did not know this thread existed when I watched the first season all those many years ago

Anyways here's a trailer for Season Two

ProphetofGanja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2018, 04:51 PM   #5
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Season 1 was all kinds of awesome. I can't say anything bad about it at all.

Who do you reckon that host that Dr. Ford was building toward the end of the show is going to end up being? We never got to see.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2018, 07:45 PM   #6
NinjaPug
Foot Elite

Definitely looking forward to S2. Loved the instrumental version of Heart Shaped Box playing in the trailer.
NinjaPug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2018, 08:12 PM   #7
plastroncafe
PerfectlyTunedFightEngine

The acting alone is so spectacular.
I'm very much looking forward to this new season, and the mind bending Shenanigans it will undoubtedly bring.
So your wants and needs as a fan should outweigh everyone else's?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabacooza View Post
There's no sense catering just to one demographic which is idiotic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
just ignore what you don't like rather than obsessing over it and move on with your life.
plastroncafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2018, 08:13 PM   #8
NinjaPug
Foot Elite

Well this would be crazy.

Quote:
After Reddit and other fan communities pretty much predicted the entire first season of Westworld, showrunners Jonathan Nolan and Lisa Joy made headlines by promising to work with online theorists in the second season. Now, we might know how: Spoil absolutely everything.

During a Reddit AMA, Nolan shared a controversial plan to safeguard the biggest secrets of season two. He said they’re thinking of creating a video that lays out the entire plot of the second season, along with all of its twists and turns. The idea is for the video to do for Westworld what A Song of Ice and Fire did for Game of Thrones: give certain fans a chance to serve as gatekeepers who’ll protect the season’s biggest secrets from the larger fan community.

It creates a larger problem for us, though, in terms of the way your guesswork is reported online. ‘Theories’ can actually be spoilers, and the line between the two is confusing. It’s something we’ve been thinking about since last season. The fans of Game of Thrones, for instance, rallied around and protected the secrets of the narrative in part because they already knew those secrets (through season 5).

We thought about this long and hard, and came to a difficult (and potentially highly controversial) decision. If you guys agree, we’re going to post a video that lays out the plot (and twists and turns) of season 2. Everything. The whole sordid thing. Up front. That way the members of the community here who want the season spoiled for them can watch ahead, and then protect the rest of the community, and help to distinguish between what’s ‘theory’ and what’s spoiler.

It’s a new age, and a new world in terms of the relationship between the folks making shows and the community watching them. And trust is a big part of that. We’ve made our cast part of this decision, and they’re fully supportive. We’re so excited to be in this with you guys together. So if this post reaches a 1000 upvotes we’ll deliver the goods

Nolan said they’d only go through with it if their comment got 1,000 upvotes on Reddit, which it doesn’t look to have achieved yet. Of course, there’s always the chance that Nolan isn’t being serious, but I’m going to try giving the benefit of the doubt in this case. Nolan and Joy seem sincere about trying to engage with the community to avoid major spoilers for the next season, and it’s at least an attempt to negate some of the damage. That said, having a couple-minute video synopsis of a season isn’t nearly the same as reading a book series, so it’s hard to say whether it would actually work... and whether any fans would be willing to sacrifice an entire season of reveals so they could protect others.
https://io9.gizmodo.com/westworlds-s...aso-1825117561
Old 04-10-2018, 07:36 AM   #9
NinjaPug
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaPug View Post
Luckily this turned out to be a hoax
Old 04-23-2018, 10:56 AM   #10
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Season premiere was... not was I expected, but still good. It seems a bit less focused than last season, if this episode is to be any marker.

Also... there's this:

Old 04-24-2018, 12:52 PM   #11
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Season premiere was... not was I expected, but still good. It seems a bit less focused than last season, if this episode is to be any marker.
I liked some of what it was trying to do, it was kind of a risk devoting a feature-length premiere to a small handful of characters, and the lack of Hopkins is felt (and that body double they had for the corpse looked nothing like him, even from the back, no kidding people on reddit actually believe Ford is still alive based off the body)
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2018, 01:53 PM   #12
NinjaPug
Foot Elite

I really like what I'm assuming is the answer to the S1 question of what the real value of the park was to Delos. Lots of interesting stuff with Delos having access to guest's DNA as well as potential blackmail opportunities with the hosts recording all interaction with the guests.

Really pumped to see Shogun World this season too.
Old 04-24-2018, 01:58 PM   #13
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZariusTwo View Post
(and that body double they had for the corpse looked nothing like him, even from the back, no kidding people on reddit actually believe Ford is still alive based off the body)
The maggots and such and the ability to DNA identify the corpse makes me think that's absolutely the real Ford that had himself killed. Though... there's plenty of compelling theories out there. "Futureworld," the sequel to the movie "Westworld" this show is based off of, got heavy into actual cloning, so maybe Ford put his clone up to the suicide-by-Delores. We know that Ford already likes to make robots of himself so it's hardly a reach.

There still remains the mystery of what that Host was that Ford was constructing near the end of the show. We never got to see who it was supposed to be. I assumed it was going to be what's-her-name's replacement that he had Bernard kill, but we never got an answer.
Old 05-20-2018, 09:33 AM   #14
ProphetofGanja
Dub Professor

Okay I finally got caught up on the first four episodes of the second season of Westworld this past week. There's a whole lot going on and the delivery has been pretty good

I recommend the YouTube channel Alt Shift X for Westworld episode breakdown videos

I can't wait to see Shogunworld
ProphetofGanja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2020, 10:34 AM   #16
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

S3 set for 3/15.

https://www.darkhorizons.com/westwor...or-march-15th/

"Divergence: Washington, D.C.: Impeachment of the 45th President of the United States."

lol...

Co-showrunner Jonathan Nolan has previously said the new season’s theme is ‘New World’ with the aim of showing off a dystopia that may be corrupt on the inside but can still look beautiful on the outside.

Hm, I can't imagine where they'd be going with that.
Old 02-20-2020, 01:18 PM   #18
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Well, that looks like... something. Nothing really hooking me about these previews. "They get OUT... and vague stuff happens!"
Old 03-15-2020, 11:39 PM   #19
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

First episode of season 3 hit today. Not bad! I dig the completely different vibe. Also, it's great to feel like there isn't some kind of timeline trickery this time.
Old 04-12-2020, 10:19 PM   #20
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Am I the only one watching season 3? Up to episode 5 today. I must say, they've successfully turned the ship around after season 2 dropped the ball. MUCH improved writing and pretty epic episodes overall. The new cast members are awesome.