The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > General TMNT Discussion

Notices

Old 05-06-2018, 10:22 PM   #1
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

Favourite Big Guy in tmnt?

They're big, they're brutal and few would dare match them in sheer strength!

Who's your favourite heavyweight from tmnt? If I was asked this a few years ago, I would've said Hun from the 2003 series. However, recently my new favourite has become Nick Rocksteady.

I love his design for staying true to the Rocksteady we all know in love, but also for really selling the "intimidating big guy" look that you would expect. His personality and interactions with Bebop are also cool, and I simply love the fact he is a Patriotic Russian.

I simply cannot get enough of the line: "I'll crush your head like the blueberry!"

Shredder could've done more than blow up the Channel Six building. I don't mean as far as murdering Splinter, but think of the possibilities if censors were not an issue.

Shredder and Krang combined had the biggest arsenal of any villains in all of the cartoons.
FredWolfLeonardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2018, 11:18 PM   #2
CyberCubed
Overlord

We have a new big guy in town:

CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2018, 11:54 PM   #3
Powder
So tired of this place

Uhhhh, I dunno, maybe Nick's Slash. Cubed's right though, I find Rise Raph really endearing.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2018, 12:56 AM   #4
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Hmm... can't say I've given it much though, but how about the biggest of them all, and a she at that - Nick Tokka. Unless world ending space monsters don't count.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2018, 01:00 AM   #5
newfan
Mad Scientist

Maybe Nicks Leatherhead.
newfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2018, 01:08 AM   #6
funatic
Mad Scientist

Love the original big guy, Mirage's Leatherhead, esp. when drawn/written by Dan Berger:

I like how he's more than just a big brute and has quite a brain under normal conditions... but how he can turn feral in a second when his lizard brain kicks in! Gotta love a mindless rage - perfect trait for the turtles' best frenemy. Been fairly satisfied with all his toon and comic incarnations, even Ol' Jess Harley I guar-an-tee!

Oh, and Zog is a close second. HEKH HEKH!
funatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2018, 08:13 AM   #7
Nortock Diab
Hench Mutant

1) Archie Slash
2) Mirage Leatherhead
Nortock Diab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2018, 09:18 AM   #8
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Nick Slash. Idk if Archie Slash was any bigger than the regular TMNT.

Rise Raph may be a fave, who knows.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2018, 09:35 AM   #9
neatoman
Emperor

Hun. The correct answer is always Hun. Traximus comes in second.
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2018, 09:58 AM   #10
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

Leatherhead for sure. Especially how for as many things go drastically different, a lot of things stay the same. If there's one thing I want in an "ultimate crossover", it's a Leatherhead brawl. That's how different they are - one is absolutely going to fight with another.

Spoiler:
Mirage Leatherhead and IDW Leatherhead actually fight on account of their night-and-day difference of experience with Utroms - Mirage LH may also be trying to protect (the honor?) his own. Nick Leatherhead tries to physically intervene, with little luck. 4Kids Leatherhead tries to encourage everyone to settle things rationally, but is drowned out by the yelling. In all this time, OT Leatherhead is setting up a lawn chair and mixing a sazerac, watching the scene in glee. He tries to set up a bet on who will win with Image Leatherhead, who is frantically trying to get away with Dr. Xeinos in his arm - who was the reason the fight started in the first place.

Then, the escalation. When 4Kids Leatherhead gets too close to the fight and is thrown in the direction of OT Leatherhead.

23K Hun cracks me up on how utterly thirsty he is for Shredder's approval, without knowing anything about him. Which should add another layer to his jealousy on Karai being his favorite; she knows more about him than he'll ever know and boy did she know things.

IDW Slash got super sweet once Mike whispered him down, and I know he's probably not going to get the happy ending he deserves, but I still want him to.
Old 05-10-2018, 02:06 PM   #11
pferreira
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Wow, they're animation skills are as good as mine. I'll leave to work out what I mean by that one.
pferreira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2018, 04:03 PM   #12
Powder
So tired of this place

You not liking the designs has nothing to do with anyone's animation skills.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2018, 04:07 PM   #13
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Leatherhead (1987) and Slash ( TMNT Adventures) hands down for me.
Old 05-10-2018, 04:16 PM   #14
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeandRaph87 View Post
Leatherhead (1987) and Slash ( TMNT Adventures) hands down for me.
I was gonna disagree with you calling 1987 Leatherhead a big guy... but then googled images of him and turns out he towers above Shredder, who isn't exactly a short man O_o. How come I didn't remember that?

I guess Hun from the 2k3 series or The Rat King from the FW series. The Rat King in the 1987 cartoon series was pretty tall, remember? He must have been like like 1,90m(6'3) or so if I had to guess.

Shredder from the 2k3 series also seemed quite tall. I mean, I know it was Chrell inside him all along, but Oroku Saki/Shredder seemed rather tall/imposing.
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2018, 04:26 PM   #15
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

The thing that's even more interesting about Ch'rell is that Peter Laird suggested he be a "runt" at some point. So...yeah, he's probably compensating for lots and lots of things. Especially when he just has one set of armor bigger than the next.

(Meanwhile, IDW Ch'rell appears to be much bigger than the average Utrom at the moment.)
Old 05-10-2018, 04:28 PM   #16
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utrommaniac View Post
The thing that's even more interesting about Ch'rell is that Peter Laird suggested he be a "runt" at some point. So...yeah, he's probably compensating for lots and lots of things. Especially when he just has one set of armor bigger than the next.

(Meanwhile, IDW Ch'rell appears to be much bigger than the average Utrom at the moment.)
Well who can blame him. Most guys would like to be a bit taller, unless they're already massive
Old 05-10-2018, 04:34 PM   #17
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

Though if we think about how he saw all version of his multiverse, he probably would have seen that version of himself, then not being sure what he hates most about him.

Is he a tank of an Utrom or is he a radical subservient or is he an icon of admiration rather than fear by his people? Is it all three? Is he basically the opposite of how his own image of himself?

Probably just another layer to wanting to destroy the multiverse
Old 05-10-2018, 04:37 PM   #18
Prowler
Emperor

Tbh Shredder/oroku Saki qualifies as a "big guy" in pretty much every version. He usually seems to be in the 1,80-1,87m(5'11-6'1 1/2) range. That alone makes him tower above the Turtles and Splinter. And also, keep in mind Oroku Saki is a Japanese man. That's rather tall for a Japanese male. He's lucky
Old 05-10-2018, 04:58 PM   #19
pferreira
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
You not liking the designs has nothing to do with anyone's animation skills.
Okay whatever you say.
pferreira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2018, 05:05 PM   #20
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
Tbh Shredder/oroku Saki qualifies as a "big guy" in pretty much every version. He usually seems to be in the 1,80-1,87m(5'11-6'1 1/2) range. That alone makes him tower above the Turtles and Splinter. And also, keep in mind Oroku Saki is a Japanese man. That's rather tall for a Japanese male. He's lucky
And yet he covers his face so much in the FW cartoon. He's a good-looking guy to me