The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 08-26-2007, 10:22 PM   #161
Raph's Girl
Dierna Soul, Reporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZariusTwo View Post
WRONG!

Collin Baker and Sylvestor Mccoy era.
Ok.. So I made a mistake on his name... Tom Baker....Colin Baker... meh....
Old 08-31-2007, 01:09 PM   #162
Raph's Girl
Dierna Soul, Reporter

Some new stuff that's confirmed:

Spoiler:
1: Agatha Christie!! SW33T!!

2: The Ood return in "The Planet of the Ood"...so we get to see their homeworld!! This ep takes place either before or after the Agatha Christie eppie.

3: His companion this is Donna Noble (the Runaway Bride) but Martha will return (after her stint on Torchwood).

4 Kylie Minogue will guest star as Astrid, a waitress aboard the Titanic, in the Christmas Special "Voyage of the Damned", set to air on 25 December 2007. Veteran character actor Bernard Cribbins will also make a cameo in this episode

5: The Doctor and Donna Noble will meet Agatha Christie, author of murder mysteries. Her part will be played by Fenella Woolgar in an episode, set in the 1920s, where she will be supported by famous comic actress Felicity Kendal, who will play the part of Lady Clemency Eddison.

6: The following folks will be in the Planet of the Ood and or Agatha Christie eps::Tim McInnerny, Felicity Jones, Christopher Benjamin, Tom Goodman-Hill, Ian Barritt, David Quilter, Adam Rayner, Daniel King and Charlotte Eaton.

And in other news...Sarah Jane Adventures will be airing soon (all they're saying is Autumn) so wee.... the adventures of Sarah Jane Smith and her sonic...lipstick. *sighs*

And yes...there's gonna be Sonic Lipstick toys...meh..I'd rather have a Sonic Screwdriver... heck I'd rather be DRINKING a Screwdriver right now. *lol*

And apperantly one of the eps is called "Whatever Happened to Sarah Jane" and focuses on her childhood pre-the Doctor.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/doctorwho/news/...11/47099.shtml
http://www.bbc.co.uk/doctorwho/news/...23/48131.shtml
http://www.bbc.co.uk/doctorwho/news/...10/47771.shtml
http://www.gallifreyone.com/cgi-bin/...tyle=feedstyle
Old 09-04-2007, 12:42 AM   #163
Raph's Girl
Dierna Soul, Reporter

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20070904/tv_nm/drwho_dc_1
Quote:
"Doctor Who" fans will be forced to go for almost two years without a series fix from the Tardis-travelling Timelord, because actor David Tennant will take time off to do stagework, the BBC said Monday.

The fourth season of the latest iteration of the sci-fi action drama will air in the spring of 2008, but season five will be delayed until 2010, BBC director of fiction Jane Tranter said Monday.

The show is one of the public broadcaster's biggest success stories in recent years and has proved an international hit.

The BBC will air three one-off specials during 2009 and a Christmas special in 2008.

Tennant will work with the Royal Shakespeare Company in Stratford Upon Avon on projects thought to include a lengthy run of "Hamlet."
I think this is neat that they're doing this. I've never heard of a series that would go on hiatus cuz the star has other work going on. I don't mind having to wait 2 years for Season 5. It'll definatly be well worth it in the end.
Old 09-04-2007, 01:04 AM   #164
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Quote:
I think this is neat that they're doing this. I've never heard of a series that would go on hiatus cuz the star has other work going on.

Only Fools and Horses is another series that had year long gaps between seasons filled by specials
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 06:39 AM   #165
Ra
It's my desire?

Dr. Who Discussion

I'm surprised. No threads on Dr. Who. I thought that there would be a bit more discussion, but oh well. May as well try now.

I'm not an avid watcher of the series, but last week I watched my first Dr. Who episode. A new one titled "The Weeping Angels".

Spoiler:
FRICKIN' HELL!!!!! I can not walk into dark rooms now. Those angels were terrifying to the point where I'm probably going to live in fear of them for the rest of the year. Apparently it is one of the scariest Dr. Who episodes made. I loved it though. I absolutely loved how it's just made me so frightened of the darkness. Nothing on TV really does that to you any more, so it's quite refreshing to watch something and nearly wet yourself while doing so. And that message... "Do not blink." That is just brilliant.

...I just love how it was directed and played out on screen. The cuts and lighting effects in the final scene were probably some of the best editing of shots I have seen on live action TV. No action involved. Just the actors there doing what they had to do while the lights were flickering and the camera was continuously cutting away.

Anyone else watching it? Or used to watch it?

"So. The whole lot of you against little old me? How retarded."
Ra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 08:41 AM   #166
Anarky
Outlaw Hero

We actually have a huge thread on the Doctor and his adventures, it's usually somewhere on the first page, too. It's one of the bigger ones we have here. Proves to me that there are people with taste. I merged the threads together.

And personally, I thought while "Blink" was awesome (the name of the Weeping-Angels-Episode), I liked "The Empty Child" better. It had the way bigger fear factor than Blink, while Blink had the better horrormovie-effects. To all those who saw "The Empty Child:"

Are you my mummy?

EDIT: Oh, and by the way, if you like more horrormovie-ish stuff in the universe of the Doctor, check out Torchwood. Especially the Fairies-episode.
Anarky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 12:03 PM   #167
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ra View Post
I'm surprised. No threads on Dr. Who. I thought that there would be a bit more discussion, but oh well. May as well try now.

I'm not an avid watcher of the series, but last week I watched my first Dr. Who episode. A new one titled "The Weeping Angels".

..It was CLEARLY called "Blink" on the title screen pal...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anarky View Post
EDIT: Oh, and by the way, if you like more horrormovie-ish stuff in the universe of the Doctor, check out Torchwood. Especially the Fairies-episode.
That episode was Torchwood done right (besides the pilot), Jack's actions in that episode were terrifyingly simple and put him on the level of The Doctor. Loved the flashbacks to his past, and his platoon going through the tunnel.
Old 11-16-2007, 07:33 PM   #170
Roseangelo
Emperor

The video was already taken down, but I got it elsewhere.

Very, very fun 8 minutes!!
Roseangelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007, 10:21 PM   #171
ZariusTwo
Overlord

MAJOR season four spoiler

Spoiler:
Rose, Donna, Sarah Jane, and Martha will all appear in a "Doctor-Lite" episode taking place after a major story concludes with The Doctor missing and presumed dead.
Old 11-27-2007, 05:05 AM   #172
ZariusTwo
Overlord

The Axons, long-rumoured to be appearing in the new series, finally resurface in "Voyage of the Damned" starring Kylie Minouge
Old 11-27-2007, 07:58 PM   #173
Roseangelo
Emperor

Quote:
MAJOR season four spoiler

Spoiler:
Rose, Donna, Sarah Jane, and Martha will all appear in a "Doctor-Lite" episode taking place after a major story concludes with The Doctor missing and presumed dead.
Source please?

This is the most info I can find and it says everything else you read is unconfirmed.
Old 11-27-2007, 10:55 PM   #174
ZariusTwo
Overlord

You seriously think the official press release that was forced by the Tabloid press leaks is more accurate?

There only confirming Piper's return and labelling everything "unconfirmed" because the photos back up the spoilers this time, and most of the time the spoilers are accurate.

-The Daleks/Cybermen battle was leaked despite RTD claiming The Daleks wouldnt appear in season two
-The Master's return was leaked months before "Utopia"
-Peter Davison's return was leaked months before they announced it publicly.
Old 11-27-2007, 10:57 PM   #175
Roseangelo
Emperor

Quote:
You seriously think the official press release that was forced by the Tabloid press leaks is more accurate?
I see nothing inaccurate in what they released. Where's a link to back-up what you posted, even if it is a tabloid?
Old 11-27-2007, 11:40 PM   #176
Raph's Girl
Dierna Soul, Reporter

Confirmation on Scifi Wire. The news is lagit:

http://www.scifi.com/scifiwire/index...ory=0&id=45817

Billie Piper, who played Rose Tyler during the first two seasons of the BBC's revived Doctor Who series, will return for three episodes in season four, the BBC confirmed. The news was leaked on Nov. 26 by a fan who snapped photos of Piper in costume on the set in Cardiff, Wales.

Piper will be one of three actresses to join David Tennant's Doctor in the upcoming season, including Catherine Tate, who first appeared as Donna Noble in last year's Christmas special, "The Runaway Bride," and Freema Agyeman, who played Martha Jones in the third season and returns for a limited run in season four. It is not clear whether Rose will meet any of the Doctor's other companions during her three-episode run.

Doctor Who returns to the BBC for a Christmas special on Dec. 25 titled "Voyage of the Damned." The episode, set on the Titanic, will co-star singer and actress Kylie Minogue. The fourth season premieres in March and will run for 13 episodes.
Old 11-30-2007, 09:06 AM   #177
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Behind the scenes footage of Piper's return (encountering Donna)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-gilUGQv1GA

Last edited by ZariusTwo; 11-30-2007 at 09:16 AM.
Old 12-14-2007, 12:16 PM   #178
ZariusTwo
Overlord

The trailer for "Voyage of the Damned"

Old 12-14-2007, 02:44 PM   #179
Raph's Girl
Dierna Soul, Reporter

That Voyage of the Damned trailer doesn't appear to be working. But here's one that does:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6pxxFD1fOAE
Old 12-14-2007, 09:14 PM   #180
ZariusTwo
Overlord

That is a fan trailer using an older preview. The one that is having problems loading is the full, new trailer.

Tags
doctor cuck, doctor karen, progress, rtd2, toxic masculinity