The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > General TMNT Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-27-2019, 10:27 PM   #21
mikey0
Foot Elite
 
mikey0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 2,553
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
So people don't record things off TV anymore? I mean I am out of touch these days but I think people still do that
Some people do record episodes off of TV, but due to copyright censors, not every scene from TV shows can be shown on YouTube.
mikey0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2019, 04:26 AM   #22
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Emperor
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Sweden
Posts: 9,262
What is the black thing standing on top of the television set? I hope it is a clock radio and not a digital adapter.
__________________
Because of continuity and timeline errors, I've given up writing fanfiction based on the 1987-1996 animated television series. Instead, I'm trying to reboot the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles story, something many other fanfiction writers already do:

Hopefully, stories will later appear at

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/968367/O...NT-Cartoon-Fan
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2019, 06:25 AM   #23
mikey0
Foot Elite
 
mikey0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 2,553
Quote:
Originally Posted by Original TMNT Cartoon Fan View Post
What is the black thing standing on top of the television set? I hope it is a clock radio and not a digital adapter.
The cable box.

Last edited by mikey0; 09-28-2019 at 08:56 AM.
mikey0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2019, 08:33 AM   #24
MrPliggins
Foot Elite
 
MrPliggins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 2,768
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Nobody has a youtube clip?

What is this, the year 2003 again when we had thumbnails?
The episode is streaming on cbs.com.
MrPliggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2019, 08:57 AM   #25
mikey0
Foot Elite
 
mikey0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 2,553
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPliggins View Post
The episode is streaming on cbs.com.
I think CyberCubed only wants to see the end of the episode.
mikey0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2019, 01:51 PM   #26
mikey0
Foot Elite
 
mikey0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 2,553
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeandRaph87 View Post
It turns out that you are correct. I just watched it on Dailymotion. It is 6 minutes into the episode that the scene appears. So it is atleast October 6th, 1990.
Sadly, Turtlemania was coming to a close in the fall of 1990 (especially after the Oprah interview). I’m surprised Shelton’s sister was talking about it with their father long after the syndicated series and first movie were popular.
mikey0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2019, 12:20 PM   #27
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Emperor
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Sweden
Posts: 9,262
DVD player

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikey0 View Post
The cable box.
Maybe a DVD player, desgined to look like an analogue cable adapter, so the actors can watch the episode?
__________________
Because of continuity and timeline errors, I've given up writing fanfiction based on the 1987-1996 animated television series. Instead, I'm trying to reboot the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles story, something many other fanfiction writers already do:

Hopefully, stories will later appear at

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/968367/O...NT-Cartoon-Fan
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2019, 09:22 AM   #28
mikey0
Foot Elite
 
mikey0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 2,553
Quote:
Originally Posted by Original TMNT Cartoon Fan View Post
Maybe a DVD player, desgined to look like an analogue cable adapter, so the actors can watch the episode?
It’s not very clear to see, but it’s a replica of a General Instrument black box cable box from the 90s.
mikey0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2019, 01:20 PM   #29
inaheap
Stone Warrior
 
inaheap's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 858
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roseangelo View Post
TMNT didn't start on CBS until fall 1990, so I'm curious what episode it was and whether or not I need to be "that nerd" who points out that this episode wasn't actually out yet.
I'm a fan of this show. Haven't seen this one yet. That said this would not make the first time their date accuracy seemd a little off to me. They are usually in the right general time frame. So I forgive it.
__________________
I have always liked Cowa-bunga!


We do not stop playing because we grow old. We grow old because we stop playing

When I became an adult I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.
inaheap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2019, 08:14 AM   #30
mikey0
Foot Elite
 
mikey0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 2,553
Quote:
Originally Posted by inaheap View Post
I'm a fan of this show. Haven't seen this one yet. That said this would not make the first time their date accuracy seemd a little off to me. They are usually in the right general time frame. So I forgive it.
It’s on Cablevision On Demand, the CBS website, or it can be downloaded from Apple iTunes, Vudu, Amazon Video, PlayStation, FandangoNOW, Google Play Movies, Microsoft Store [in case you didn’t know].
mikey0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2019, 06:14 PM   #31
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!
 
MsMarvelDuckie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
Posts: 8,330
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikey0 View Post
Sadly, Turtlemania was coming to a close in the fall of 1990 (especially after the Oprah interview). I’m surprised Shelton’s sister was talking about it with their father long after the syndicated series and first movie were popular.

Actully, Turtlemania didn't really start to die out until after SotO came out in theaters. It was still going very strong in late 1990, since movies stayed in theaters much longer back then, and CBS was just starting to air the cartoon.
MsMarvelDuckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2019, 11:02 AM   #32
pferreira
Foot Elite
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 2,514
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsMarvelDuckie View Post
Actully, Turtlemania didn't really start to die out until after SotO came out in theaters. It was still going very strong in late 1990, since movies stayed in theaters much longer back then, and CBS was just starting to air the cartoon.
Yeah I would say probably 1991/1992 was when TMNT was still as popular.
pferreira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2019, 12:59 PM   #33
mikey0
Foot Elite
 
mikey0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 2,553
Quote:
Originally Posted by pferreira View Post
Yeah I would say probably 1991/1992 was when TMNT was still as popular.
TMNT was popular all throughout the early 90s into the mid 90s, but 1990 (from April to December) was the time of Turtlemania.

Last edited by mikey0; 10-16-2019 at 01:40 PM.
mikey0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2019, 04:33 PM   #34
inaheap
Stone Warrior
 
inaheap's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 858
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikey0 View Post
It’s on Cablevision On Demand, the CBS website, or it can be downloaded from Apple iTunes, Vudu, Amazon Video, PlayStation, FandangoNOW, Google Play Movies, Microsoft Store [in case you didn’t know].

Thanks. I usually watch on demand. I was just a little behind. I'm the only one who likes it. So I try to watch it when I'm home alone.
__________________
I have always liked Cowa-bunga!


We do not stop playing because we grow old. We grow old because we stop playing

When I became an adult I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.
inaheap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2020, 12:56 PM   #35
mikey0
Foot Elite
 
mikey0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 2,553
In last night’s episode of Young Sheldon, Sheldon, Missy, Meemaw, and Dale play Dungeons and Dragons. Missy tells Sheldon that she wants to be a ‘Ninja Turtle Princess of Power’ (a TMNT and She-Ra reference). Sheldon tells her that no such character exists in the RPG, so Missy plays as The Wizard. At the end of the episode, Missy as The Wizard uses her magical staff to transform into a TMNT Princess of Power as the OT theme plays in the background. Missy’s TMNT costume looks like a Next Mutation or TMNT the Movie costume.
mikey0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2020, 01:24 PM   #36
oldmanwinters
Overlord
 
oldmanwinters's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Between yesterday and tomorrow!
Posts: 12,514
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikey0 View Post
In last night’s episode of Young Sheldon, Sheldon, Missy, Meemaw, and Dale play Dungeons and Dragons. Missy tells Sheldon that she wants to be a ‘Ninja Turtle Princess of Power’ (a TMNT and She-Ra reference). Sheldon tells her that no such character exists in the RPG, so Missy plays as The Wizard. At the end of the episode, Missy as The Wizard uses her magical staff to transform into a TMNT Princess of Power as the OT theme plays in the background. Missy’s TMNT costume looks like a Next Mutation or TMNT the Movie costume.
Cool, thanks for the heads up!

Looks like the episode title was "A Musty Crypt and a Stick to Pee On."








Never thought I'd see Craig T. Nelson and Annie Potts sharing the screen together with a Ninja Turtle (in a dress)!
__________________

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2020, 01:34 PM   #37
mikey0
Foot Elite
 
mikey0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 2,553
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmanwinters View Post
Cool, thanks for the heads up!

Looks like the episode title was "A Musty Crypt and a Stick to Pee On."
http://i.imgur.com/3aZTn2yl.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/5DDcrNOl.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/VrvsIyil.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/jX8X1DBl.jpg

Never thought I'd see Craig T. Nelson and Annie Potts sharing the screen together with a Ninja Turtle (in a dress)!
You’re very welcome.

Also, Missy makes mention of the TMNT and Paula Abdul in “Bible Camp and a Chariot of Love”.

There is footage of Oprah interviewing the Coming Out Of Their Shells TMNT in “A Secret Letter and a Lowly Disc of Processed Meat”.
mikey0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2020, 05:44 PM   #38
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!
 
MsMarvelDuckie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
Posts: 8,330
Wow, lots of TMNT references in the show, huh? I think it's cool that Missy likes them, and that she wanted to play as one (mixed with She-Ra, no less!) because that would have been ME as a kid, lol!
__________________
"You IDIOTS! You've captured their STUNT doubles!" -from "Spaceballs"

"Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

My various stories and fan-fics (including TMNT!!) are here:

http://z3.invisionfree.com/Mickeys_C...?showforum=188
MsMarvelDuckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2020, 01:18 PM   #39
mikey0
Foot Elite
 
mikey0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 2,553
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsMarvelDuckie View Post
Wow, lots of TMNT references in the show, huh? I think it's cool that Missy likes them, and that she wanted to play as one (mixed with She-Ra, no less!) because that would have been ME as a kid, lol!
The current seasons of Young Sheldon take place in the early 1990s when most children were obsessed with the TMNT. This show is a real treat for those of us who lived in the early 1990s. There’s not many shows set in the 90s that give you an idea of how the 90s were.

My only problem with Young Sheldon so far is that Missy hasn’t brought up any of the TMNT movies. TMNT The Movie was a must see film for all XYers.
mikey0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2021, 11:38 PM   #40
Jephael
That whack job behind you
 
Jephael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Carlisle, Pennsylvania
Posts: 7,919
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikey0 View Post
My only problem with Young Sheldon so far is that Missy hasn’t brought up any of the TMNT movies. TMNT The Movie was a must see film for all XYers.
I don't expect that to happen. Seeing as how this show is basically a prequel to The Big Bang Theory, they're more likely to reference DC comic book heroes and other Warner Bros. characters. I actually had the same gripe about that show as well, always wishing Sheldon would talk to Leonard, Howard and Raj about which of them would be which Ninja Turtle if they were to play the arcade game or something to that effect. Keep in mind too that producer Chuck Lorre is known for being rather salty about what little credit (as in monetary residuals) he got for being the person who penned the original cartoon's theme song.
__________________
"I like it. Simple, but effective!"
Raphael; The Mean Machines



COMIC BOOK GUY: "It was an imaginary story dreamt by Jimmy Olsen after getting kicked in the head by Supergirl's pet horse, ergo it never really happened."
BART SIMPSON: *gesturing all of the comics in the store* "None of this stuff really happened."
COMIC BOOK GUY: "Get out of my store."
Jephael is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:48 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.