The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Video Games

Notices

Old 11-10-2015, 10:01 PM   #9281
Cure
Y'all need Jesus

I'm about two hours into Rise of the Tomb Raider. Just walking around exploring and finding ish feels great and the combat is fun, too. Really excited to get into more of it.
Old 11-14-2015, 12:39 PM   #9282
Storm Eagle
Saved by

I finished Tri Force Heroes yesterday. I couldn't figure out how to defeat the final boss when I first reached her. So I looked up a YouTube video that might show me how. Once I got the idea, I went and tried it out. Still, the boss was so frustrating that after I failed, I just went to the video again to see the whole fight through. Later on, I'd pick up the game and I'd actually defeat the boss. Even though I've finished the game, there are still all the other challenges for me to complete. I've already tried one of them and succeeded, but failed the next one I tried. I just hope they don't get too frustrating.

Before I got the game, one of my friends told me about reviews she read about it, saying it's harder to play alone. They're not wrong. It can be hard, but at least you have the option of skipping areas, although that costs you a chance, and lessens your chances of picking up new items. There are some areas where if you're playing alone, and your characters are in certain spots where you can't proceed much further, then you might as well just either skip or start over.
Storm Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2015, 04:15 PM   #9283
Ninjinister
無問題

Almost three years to the day after I pitched in on the Kickstarter, this finally arrived.

Now I've gotta find my Dreamcast

Admin of Turtlepedia. If you have any questions or problems, let me know!

Ninjinister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2015, 06:56 PM   #9284
TurtleTitan97
Space Cowboy

Last played Super Street Fighter IV with a friend a few hours ago.

TurtleTitan97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2015, 10:54 PM   #9285
Netkeeper
tactical blackquill

Trying to replay the first Pokemon Mystery Dungeon. Let's hope I don't get discouraged the second I die in a dungeon because that ALWAYS halts my replays of those games since you lose so much **** when you die.
Old 11-18-2015, 08:38 PM   #9286
GoldMutant
Rest. In. Peace.

Make sure you play the second mystery dungeon games, oh they are great! (except Gates to Infinity) Speaking of Pokemon, I'm still doing Soul Silver and I think I got a decent team before Blue. Need some advice though:

Tauros: (Chesto Berri) Zen Headbutt, Rock Climb, Rest, Iron Tail
Crobat: (Bright Powder) Cross Poison, Fly or Air Slash, Steel Wing, Confuse Ray
Houndoom: (Power Herb) Flamethrower, Dark Pulse or Crunch, Solarbeam, Thunder Fang
Mamoswine: (Muscle Band) Avalanche or Blizzard, Earthquake, Ancient Power, (need one more move)
Forretress: (Quick Claw) Toxic Spikes, Flash Cannon, Signal Beam, Rock Slide or Explosion
Lanturn: (Leftovers) Thunderbolt, Waterfall, Stockpile, Ice Beam

Curious, but do these movepools work?
"It's only natural for living creatures to fight to protect their own lives. But what makes us human is that we fight for others. But who do you fight for? How hard must you fight...? That's the true measure of what human life is worth. Even when the battle's over, and the bonds that connect us are severed... We always return... Time and time again." -Phoenix Wright
GoldMutant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2015, 08:16 AM   #9287
Peanut
Second Gear

So, after playing over 30 hours I can say...Yo-Kai Watch is a better game than Pokemon. There. I said it. I can't take it back.
Peanut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2015, 11:18 AM   #9288
Netkeeper
tactical blackquill

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldMutant View Post
Make sure you play the second mystery dungeon games, oh they are great! (except Gates to Infinity) Speaking of Pokemon, I'm still doing Soul Silver and I think I got a decent team before Blue. Need some advice though:

Tauros: (Chesto Berri) Zen Headbutt, Rock Climb, Rest, Iron Tail
Crobat: (Bright Powder) Cross Poison, Fly or Air Slash, Steel Wing, Confuse Ray
Houndoom: (Power Herb) Flamethrower, Dark Pulse or Crunch, Solarbeam, Thunder Fang
Mamoswine: (Muscle Band) Avalanche or Blizzard, Earthquake, Ancient Power, (need one more move)
Forretress: (Quick Claw) Toxic Spikes, Flash Cannon, Signal Beam, Rock Slide or Explosion
Lanturn: (Leftovers) Thunderbolt, Waterfall, Stockpile, Ice Beam

Curious, but do these movepools work?
I'd drop the Bright Powder from Crobat and Quick Claw from Forretress. Give Forretress the leftovers. The chance of those hold items working is very low and not really worth using.

Drop Solarbeam from Houndoom. Two-turn moves are a bad idea. I'd probably redo Forretress' moveset completely, because special attacks are next to useless on it, and entry hazards are also pretty useless against the AI. IIRC, they can get Earthquake, so do that, and Explosion is a pretty good idea too. ...I don't remember what else Forretress gets that can make it useful against the AI, though. I only ever train mine for use in player vs player battles. Drop Lanturn's Stockpile and give it Confuse Ray or Signal Beam in its place. Also, drop Waterfall -- it needs a special attack, not a physical one.
Old 11-19-2015, 01:49 PM   #9289
Freeman
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peanut View Post
So, after playing over 30 hours I can say...Yo-Kai Watch is a better game than Pokemon. There. I said it. I can't take it back.
You got my attention, Sir.
Old 11-20-2015, 12:40 PM   #9290
THGhost
Puppet Master

Reliving the glory days of Battlefront with the latest entry. Looks absolutely gorgeous. Nothing like electrocuting Rebels as The Emperor and shouting "UNLIIIIMIIIITEEEED... POWWWWEEEER!!!"

1990 > OotS > TMNT 2014 > Turtles Forever > TMNT III > SotO > TMNT 2007

"Can't we all just get along?" - pennydreadful

"...bitchy people are what make fan forums insufferable when they don't need to be." - B-Man

"Act like freakin' adults for goodness sake." - Jester

"Tough guys with tiny voices." - Commenter 42
THGhost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2015, 07:59 PM   #9291
GoldMutant
Rest. In. Peace.

Thanks for the advice Net, mostly I like to counter my Pokemons weaknesses in addition to them either having a strategic move as well as something powerful for their type.

For current new games, mostly playing through Super Mario 63, a Flash game involving elements of the major 3D platformers of the series (64, Sunshine, Galaxy and some of the New series). I'm also going to finally attempt to play through Black 2, haven't entirely played through since buying it on release day.
"It's only natural for living creatures to fight to protect their own lives. But what makes us human is that we fight for others. But who do you fight for? How hard must you fight...? That's the true measure of what human life is worth. Even when the battle's over, and the bonds that connect us are severed... We always return... Time and time again." -Phoenix Wright
GoldMutant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2015, 08:22 PM   #9292
Netkeeper
tactical blackquill

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldMutant View Post
Thanks for the advice Net, mostly I like to counter my Pokemons weaknesses in addition to them either having a strategic move as well as something powerful for their type.
Sure, glad to be of help. I dabbled in competitive play for gen 4, so I know a bit about it.
Old 11-25-2015, 05:45 PM   #9293
Turo602
The King of Kings

Got early access to Black Friday deals and got Batman Arkham Knight and Gears of War Ultimate Edition for 20 bucks each. Really running out of hard drive space now. The amount of space games take up is a huge peeve of mine this generation. It's f*ckin unbelievable.
Old 11-29-2015, 08:48 PM   #9294
Allio
Foot Elite

Just got me a PS4 (Uncharted Collection bundle) and got me DBZ Xenoverse and One Piece Pirate Warriors 3
Old 11-30-2015, 06:24 PM   #9295
Pollyparrot
Banned

I'm currently playing Xbox One Star Wars Battlefront and Super Smash Bros on the Wii U.
Pollyparrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2015, 02:06 PM   #9296
Aeius
Mouser

Got great Xbox 360 games for the year: MGSV, Dragon Age, Lightning Returns, RE V (big sucker for undead), Injustice, Tomb Raider
Aeius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2015, 10:54 AM   #9297
Icebot
Foot Elite

I'm playing Avatar The Burning Earth on the wii and I'm having trouble with it. Im at the part
Spoiler:
in Omashu
where Katara has to waterbend puddles into ice bridges and I'm not getting anywhere. I keep holding z and shaking the wii remote and hitting plus and nothing works. Does anyone know how to make that ice bridge?

Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
Icebot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2015, 06:09 PM   #9298
Netkeeper
tactical blackquill

Currently playing Henry Hatsworth in the Puzzling Adventure.

This game is ridiculous and I love it.
Old 12-03-2015, 09:02 PM   #9299
Ninjinister
無問題

I feel like sitting through this s**tshow of an award ceremony was worth it for the Iwata tribute.

Goddamn it still hurts.

Admin of Turtlepedia. If you have any questions or problems, let me know!

Ninjinister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2015, 10:55 PM   #9300
Peanut
Second Gear

The game awards in a nutshell.

Peanut is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
awesome, cybercubed the diaper, cybercubed the homophobe, peanut, video games