The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Old 07-11-2013, 06:03 AM   #781
Zulithe
Ninjutsu Master

Sorry if it's not new. Found this backpack.

Spoiler:

http://www.amazon.com/Teenage-Mutant...dp/B00DK97RYU/
Zulithe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 06:50 PM   #782
CyberCubed
Overlord

I wish they wouldn't keep using the same exact CG stock art on all this stuff.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 07:26 PM   #783
Powder
So tired of this place

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
I wish they wouldn't keep using the same exact CG stock art on all this stuff.
Yeah that's the one thing that irks me about this new Turtlemania. Back in the day there'd be 6 lunchboxes all with different art. You'd rarely see the same picture more than once given the exception of those 2-3 style guide pictures Ryan Brown did (the classic poses with one turtle coming out of the sewer & such).

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 08:32 PM   #784
Donatello19
Merchandise Maniac

Here's the Monopoly game again with a somewhat different box (Raph and Mike's poses are different) and a TMNT connect four game (can you beat Shredder? Can you? CAN YOU?) which are both slated for an August release, although some sites are saying October...I guess we'll see!
Donatello19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 08:46 PM   #785
mikey0
Foot Elite

There's a new Turtlemania? I haven't noticed it all. The Turtles are nowhere near as big of a deal now as they were in 1990. Where are the news reports and newspaper articles of the figures being sold out? The toys are not flying off of shelves like they were in the spring of '90. There used to be long lines formed around the Toys R Us. There used to be parents calling in everyday to see if the basic wave Donatello was in. There were Toys R Us employees who did not know what to tell them. There were store employees who hated the Turtles because of all of the anxiety they caused parents to have. There were employees who had to know the DCI numbers for each Turtle figure. Toy Scalpers and teenagers collected Turtle items back then. People even bought the Wacky Action figures. Children were complaining about those not being real Turtle figures. There were large store displays for the cookies and cereal. Everyone made jokes about the name of the property, alone. You could not get away from anything Turtles in April of 1990. There were mall appearances. Not to mention, that store with the wide "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Headquarters" banner. That was a "grab all you can" center. There were the Hope Industries watches, stickers, Unique party supplies, Gordy Toy sets, giant buttons, and dining sets (bowl/plate/cup) alongside the action figures. Those were interesting times. I don't know if the Turtlemania of 1990 will ever return.

As of right now, I see a lot of Turtle merchandise in stores. It's not moving at all. There are jump ropes, Chia Pets, party bags, and stickers staying where they were when they first hit store shelves.
mikey0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 08:55 PM   #786
Donatello19
Merchandise Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikey0 View Post
There's a new Turtlemania? I haven't noticed it all. The Turtles are nowhere near as big of a deal now as they were in 1990. Where are the news reports and newspaper articles of the figures being sold out? The toys are not flying off of shelves like they were in the spring of '90. There used to be long lines formed around the Toys R Us. There used to be parents calling in everyday to see if the basic wave Donatello was in. There were Toys R Us employees who did not know what to tell them. There were store employees who hated the Turtles because of all of the anxiety they caused parents to have. There were employees who had to know the DCI numbers for each Turtle figure. Toy Scalpers and teenagers collected Turtle items back then. People even bought the Wacky Action figures. Children were complaining about those not being real Turtle figures. There were large store displays for the cookies and cereal. Everyone made jokes about the name of the property, alone. You could not get away from anything Turtles in April of 1990. There were mall appearances. Not to mention, that store with the wide "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Headquarters" banner. That was a "grab all you can" center. There were the Hope Industries watches, stickers, Unique party supplies, Gordy Toy sets, giant buttons, and dining sets (bowl/plate/cup) alongside the action figures. Those were interesting times. I don't know if the Turtlemania of 1990 will ever return.

As of right now, I see a lot of Turtle merchandise in stores. It's not moving at all. There are jump ropes, Chia Pets, party bags, and stickers staying where they were when they first hit store shelves.
Dude, this generation of kids is much different...things change.
Old 07-11-2013, 08:56 PM   #787
mikey0
Foot Elite

Unfortunately, some parents, today, see the Nickelodeon Turtles as "just another revamp".
mikey0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 09:16 PM   #788
billbot85
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikey0 View Post

I kinda have to agree with you here, I don't think there will ever be another Turtlemania the way it was back in 1990. I remember that year fairly well, and I was caught up in all of the turtle craze.

The show seems to be doing really well, and the new toyline is really awesome. I'm seeing the turtles being bought in the stores in my area, but I wouldn't say they are "flying off the shelves." As stated earlier, this is a new generation of kids, and I think they are more interested in electronics and instant technology instead of action figures. Boy, have times changed....

GIFSoup
billbot85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 11:22 PM   #789
Roseangelo
Emperor

SCHOOL SUPPLIES HAVE HIT TARGET!
Roseangelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 03:20 AM   #790
Zulithe
Ninjutsu Master

Cool I am going to Target tomorrow after I see Pacific Rim! I will look around.

Re: Turtlemania today... kids just have way more stuff to be interested in and distract them than back then... I doubt it could ever get that big again. But I still think this is the biggest it has been since the early 90s which is cool.

Minecraft is still the huge thing right now. Kids are totally obsessed with it. LEGO must be beating themselves over the head... with the right LEGO game that could be them. Oh well, I'm certain that the popularity of Minecraft has also contributed to LEGO having a bit of a resurgence. (probably helps that Minecraft has an official LEGO set)
Old 07-13-2013, 03:56 PM   #791
Retro-Specs
Thug

Just snagged this book today:

My wife found it at Winner's. The book itself is only 6 pages (With excellent pictures) but the awesome part is 12 mini figurines and a "playmat" board game. Well worth it!
Retro-Specs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 04:23 PM   #792
Zulithe
Ninjutsu Master

Amazing just how much merch is out there. Barely a day can pass without new stuff popping up

As we head into late summer (school season ramping up) and fall (holiday season ramping up) it's only going to get more intense
Old 07-13-2013, 04:44 PM   #793
Roseangelo
Emperor

I found different school supplies at Walmart.
Roseangelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 04:45 PM   #794
Donatello19
Merchandise Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roseangelo View Post
I found different school supplies at Walmart.
Cool! What did you find, exactly?
Old 07-13-2013, 06:31 PM   #795
super curry max
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donatello19 View Post
Cool! What did you find, exactly?
i was there today. there was a new bigger cloth pencil case and 4 new folder and notebook designs(all look very good).

i bought a mikey centric folder also a raph one. and 1 notebook.
Old 07-15-2013, 10:55 AM   #796
Donatello19
Merchandise Maniac

This is the 3rd box art we've seen so far, so I don't even know anymore...although this one has to be my favorite:

Apparently there's also going to be a TMNT Top Trumps game too.
Old 07-15-2013, 01:55 PM   #797
DonatelloFan1984
Hench Mutant

Hey guys I saw the discussion about the school supplies and whatnot and I will show you what I picked up in that regard. First up we have Giant Coloring Books from Walmart for only $1 a piece!! I put the Raph folder in there to show scale of how big they are!

Here is a picture of some of the artwork inside!

Here are the Raph and Leo Folders/Notebooks. The Front of the Folders have the same art as the Front of the Notebooks. The Folderbacks are different though for each folder. The Notebooks on the back show all 4 available Notebooks.

Now here we have Donny/Mikey. There are a pack of pencils to the left that I also picked up. The folders were 97 cents each and the notebooks were 1.97. The pack of pencils were also 97 cents.
DonatelloFan1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 04:38 PM   #798
Donatello19
Merchandise Maniac

I might have to pick up some of these notebooks and folders to draw in/store my art in!
Old 07-15-2013, 04:46 PM   #799
raph27
Mad Scientist

Saw lots of school supplies. My favorite was a book cover that showed all four and read, "Coming Out of the Sewers."
raph27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 04:50 PM   #800
Donatello19
Merchandise Maniac

I hope we get more holiday themed merchandise this coming season, mostly Halloween and Christmas/Winter Holidays. Sure we've got the halloween costumes for the trick or treaters, but I'd love to some decorations or pumpkin push ins. Even halloween buckets to fill with candy would be awesome! For Christmas I'd love to see ornaments (there has already been one discovered, but it doesn't look that great), stockings, hats, green candy canes and much much more! Sorry, I'm just the kind of person who will buy anything with their favorite characters on it