The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > General TMNT Discussion

Notices

Old 07-22-2015, 01:01 AM   #61
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
Well, ONE of the two DID sorta go "Bats" in the OT, LOL! And then there's that Pizza Face episode, too.... *creeped out*

"Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

My various stories and fan-fics are now here-

https://m.fanfiction.net/u/4770494/#end
MsMarvelDuckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2015, 01:12 AM   #62
Commenter 42
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsMarvelDuckie View Post
Guess we'll just have to agree to disagree on this one, then. I've seen a few instances where at least ONE turtle was just as twisted and played just as dirty! And if he ever really let that side loose.... *shudders*
I like this idea.

I think the general opinion is that Bats would win easily. And that's just the thing, it's what everyone expects, for valid reasons.

But imagine MsMarvelDuckie's scenario...
The story would be far more interesting if the reverse happened.
Yeah, I'd love to see Batman lose to those turtles, if for no other reason than it's hard to imagine a scenario where that could plausibly happen.

And it can't be thanks to magic bullet shells or some other BS.
Commenter 42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2015, 01:24 AM   #63
Leo656
The Franchise

I simply can't imagine any scenario that wouldn't feel like, "Ehhh, the writer just gave 'em that one to be nice." It wouldn't feel organic, to me; it'd feel forced.

"Unexpected?" "Interesting?" Sure. But if I've learned nothing from wrestling the last few years, it's that sometimes you just have to do what's expected if you expect anyone to buy it and be happy with it. Same basic thing; you can do whatever story you want, it's fake. But there's a huge difference between, "Well, this guy wins because it makes sense" and "That guy wins just because you didn't expect it." You absolutely CAN make the latter scenario work but 9 times outta 10 the person with the pen doesn't have a steady enough hand to pull it off. They get so hung up on, "Boy, bet ya didn't see THAT one comin'!" that it feels hollow.

There's a time to pull the swerve, and there's a time to keep it simple and not over-think things. Honestly, I think if they did a fight scene and the Turtles went over, it'd piss off a lot more people than it'd make happy. I don't think it's a believable outcome, to most people. I think it's SO unbelievable, that however "interesting" it would be to see is undone by how forced it'd come off.

I just can't see it in my head, at all, as anything other than "The writer felt bad for the Turtles and let them win," and that just tastes bad.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2015, 05:14 AM   #64
Kendamu
Sewerhead

The IDW TMNT probably wouldn't beat comic book Batgod, but Season 1 OT TMNT could totally get the jump on BTAS Batman.

It's not that the IDW TMNT are weak. There are other versions of Batman they could take, but comic Batgod is overpowered.

1990 Movie TMNT could likely beat 1989 Batman.

2014 movie TMNT could kick the crap out of Nolanverse Batman. They're too strong and durable. Not sure about Batfleck yet. Gotta see how he does against Superman.

The 2k3 TMNT likely wouldn't stand a chance against BatB Batman. He's not Batgod, but his Silver Age perfection would make it like Splinter fighting the Turtles in the dojo.

The Mirage TMNT, assuming they're individually on par with Daredevil, could give comics Batgod a run for his money. It'd be like him fighting four comic Daredevils.
Kendamu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2015, 05:31 AM   #65
Commenter 42
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
I simply can't imagine any scenario that wouldn't feel like, "Ehhh, the writer just gave 'em that one to be nice." It wouldn't feel organic, to me; it'd feel forced.

"Unexpected?" "Interesting?" Sure. But if I've learned nothing from wrestling the last few years, it's that sometimes you just have to do what's expected if you expect anyone to buy it and be happy with it. Same basic thing; you can do whatever story you want, it's fake. But there's a huge difference between, "Well, this guy wins because it makes sense" and "That guy wins just because you didn't expect it." You absolutely CAN make the latter scenario work but 9 times outta 10 the person with the pen doesn't have a steady enough hand to pull it off. They get so hung up on, "Boy, bet ya didn't see THAT one comin'!" that it feels hollow.

There's a time to pull the swerve, and there's a time to keep it simple and not over-think things. Honestly, I think if they did a fight scene and the Turtles went over, it'd piss off a lot more people than it'd make happy. I don't think it's a believable outcome, to most people. I think it's SO unbelievable, that however "interesting" it would be to see is undone by how forced it'd come off.

I just can't see it in my head, at all, as anything other than "The writer felt bad for the Turtles and let them win," and that just tastes bad.

My first point was, it would have to be plausible. I agree, I can't picture it either, precisely because Batman is impossibly overskilled.

My second point was, I'd enjoy watching Batman get his ass kicked, because he is impossibly overskilled. It would be quite satisfying.

It's the same argument as BatsvSupes.
Old 07-22-2015, 08:15 AM   #66
Zak The Neutrino
Stone Warrior

After reading everyone arguments I think if Bats is caught off guard he either retreats or gets beat.

There are some pretty lame villains that have torched bats. However after he retreats, recovers and comes back with a plan he wins.

I think it's funny why some are calling him batgod. This just reaffirms my hate for the DC universe. Superman and Batman are all powerful and nothing can defeat them. Just lame if you ask me.
Zak The Neutrino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2015, 08:28 AM   #67
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zak The Neutrino View Post
I think it's funny why some are calling him batgod. This just reaffirms my hate for the DC universe. Superman and Batman are all powerful and nothing can defeat them. Just lame if you ask me.
Well, after Justice League #2...

Spoiler:
Batman is a god, a New God

Metron have been remove from the Mobious Chair, and Batman sat on it to save the day and became the God of Knowledge. He literally is Bat-God.
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2015, 08:40 AM   #68
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candy Kappa View Post
Well, after Justice League #2...

Spoiler:
Batman is a god, a New God

Metron have been remove from the Mobious Chair, and Batman sat on it to save the day and became the God of Knowledge. He literally is Bat-God.
Eh, Turtles are gearing up to kick Pantheon ass.

Bat-God ass shouldn't be any different by that point.
Old 07-22-2015, 10:15 AM   #69
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
Eh, Turtles are gearing up to kick Pantheon ass.

Bat-God ass shouldn't be any different by that point.

This, I should like to see, especially after how they trashed the Bull-god dude (sorry, forgot his name). With some help from the Ghostbusters, of course.

"Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

My various stories and fan-fics are now here-

https://m.fanfiction.net/u/4770494/#end
MsMarvelDuckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2015, 08:00 PM   #70
Leo656
The Franchise

Bruce Lee was a guy who existed. It's not impossible to think that a guy like Batman would be equally as skilled and twice as dangerous. He would have to be; that's his entire self-imposed job.

I mean, yeah, "Batman Wins Via Deus ex Machina" has become rather overdone in recent times, but it doesn't undermine the idea that a guy could, in theory, become as good as he's presented to be.

Nobody gets mad at Wolverine, it seems, for having the exact same "problem" as Batman: His popularity with the general audience ensures that he comes out on top of every situation, regardless of circumstance, even when it's stupidly exaggerated and unbelievable. Wolverine beat Lobo, officially... I call Horse Sh*t on that, and so does everyone with any sense, but that's the verdict. Why? Because Wolverine sells.

Biggest difference between Batman and Wolverine, of course, being that Batman doesn't suck. So yeah, show a little consistency, go cry about Wolverine. Guy's been in more movies than Batman already despite having two facial expressions and zero by way of character motivation. I hate that.

Old 07-22-2015, 09:04 PM   #71
PangolinFeets
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commenter 42 View Post
I like this idea.

I think the general opinion is that Bats would win easily. And that's just the thing, it's what everyone expects, for valid reasons.

But imagine MsMarvelDuckie's scenario...
The story would be far more interesting if the reverse happened.
Yeah, I'd love to see Batman lose to those turtles, if for no other reason than it's hard to imagine a scenario where that could plausibly happen.

And it can't be thanks to magic bullet shells or some other BS.
Unbeknownst to the readers, Donatello surgically implanted a gun holster into his shell as a last-ditch 'option C', if he ever needed it.

Donatello shoots Batman in the ****ing face.
PangolinFeets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2015, 09:10 PM   #72
Zak The Neutrino
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Bruce Lee was a guy who existed. It's not impossible to think that a guy like Batman would be equally as skilled and twice as dangerous. He would have to be; that's his entire self-imposed job.

I mean, yeah, "Batman Wins Via Deus ex Machina" has become rather overdone in recent times, but it doesn't undermine the idea that a guy could, in theory, become as good as he's presented to be.

Nobody gets mad at Wolverine, it seems, for having the exact same "problem" as Batman: His popularity with the general audience ensures that he comes out on top of every situation, regardless of circumstance, even when it's stupidly exaggerated and unbelievable. Wolverine beat Lobo, officially... I call Horse Sh*t on that, and so does everyone with any sense, but that's the verdict. Why? Because Wolverine sells.

Biggest difference between Batman and Wolverine, of course, being that Batman doesn't suck. So yeah, show a little consistency, go cry about Wolverine. Guy's been in more movies than Batman already despite having two facial expressions and zero by way of character motivation. I hate that.
You are however missing the fact that Wolverine has super powers and Bats doesn't. He is just a rich guy with gadgets.

I don't like Iron Man either.
Zak The Neutrino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2015, 09:13 PM   #73
Leo656
The Franchise

You know who I DO like? The Amazing Slapstick. Don't even get me started, guy.

Old 07-25-2015, 04:09 AM   #74
Commenter 42
Banned

Quote:
You know who I DO like? The Amazing Slapstick. Don't even get me started, guy.
Wolverine is entertaining in small doses. Jackman Wolverine is long past it's best before date.

Every time you defend Bats:

Tags
batman, tmnt