The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > Announcement Forums > Questions/Comments/Suggestions

Notices

Old 12-13-2016, 08:33 AM   #21
myconius
Abby Normal

Location: the grave marked "Unknown" right beside Arch Stanton.
if there's someone who wants to have a legitimate conversation about TMNT:TNM without outside nitpicking or criticisms, just discuss it with them in a private message or visitor message.

that's truly the only "safe space' you are going to find.

i'm asking this not to bust chops, but just how many people on here actually enjoy TMNT:TNM and want to discuss it?

i tried watching it, but personally found nothing i enjoyed to make it past 2 or 3 episodes.
i was (and still am) put off but quite a number things about the Nick Tmnt series, but i still find redeeming qualities that bring me back for each new episode.
Old 12-13-2016, 03:33 PM   #22
Powder
So tired of this place

Quote:
Originally Posted by myconius View Post
i'm asking this not to bust chops, but just how many people on here actually enjoy TMNT:TNM and want to discuss it?
Enough to fill 2-3 pages worth of uninterrupted thread, I'm sure. I love TNM & I share TF's frustrations about not being able to discuss it (though I by no means want to make negative opinions a punishable offense, mods should just clean the threads up if they go as off-track as the last one).

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2016, 05:12 PM   #23
myconius
Abby Normal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
Enough to fill 2-3 pages worth of uninterrupted thread, I'm sure. I love TNM & I share TF's frustrations about not being able to discuss it (though I by no means want to make negative opinions a punishable offense, mods should just clean the threads up if they go as off-track as the last one).
i honestly tried to appreciate the show, as i was planning to buy the dvds when i saw them drop in price.
watching the show on netflix i just couldn't get into it.
it is a shame so many people like to make it a career out of insulting things just because they don't approve of them.

i still remember when BvS was coming out. there was one person who was really making an ### of themselves trolling on every opportunity they could get.
Old 12-13-2016, 06:52 PM   #24
Coola Yagami
Overlord

I'm not sure if it was really trolling. BVS wasn't that great either.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2016, 07:10 PM   #25
myconius
Abby Normal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
I'm not sure if it was really trolling. BVS wasn't that great either.
despite the movies many MANY flaws, there was quite a lot of Trolling on that movie thread.
to the point where it just became abusive.

someone even made a new thread in hopes to leave all the arguing in the previous one and start fresh.
the trolls migrated to the new thread and ransacked it.
Old 12-14-2016, 12:05 AM   #26
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
despite the movies many MANY flaws, there was quite a lot of Trolling on that movie thread.
to the point where it just became abusive.

someone even made a new thread in hopes to leave all the arguing in the previous one and start fresh.
the trolls migrated to the new thread and ransacked it.
Well.... the movie wasn't that good... you sure you're not confusing trolls with critics? If you were talking about better movies I'd be more inclined to agree.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Old 12-14-2016, 05:15 AM   #27
myconius
Abby Normal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
Well.... the movie wasn't that good... you sure you're not confusing trolls with critics? If you were talking about better movies I'd be more inclined to agree.
whatevz coola.

i'm talking about people on this very forum. and they are far from professional critics.

but you see it however you chose.

have a nice day.

Last edited by myconius; 12-14-2016 at 05:27 AM.
myconius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2016, 12:17 PM   #28
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
whatevz coola.

i'm talking about people on this very forum. and they are far from professional critics.

but you see it however you chose.

have a nice day.
I'm just saying the movie (as well as next mutation) just weren't all that good so you should expect a lot of people to say so. It's like making a thread about matrix revolutions and banning people for saying it was boring.

Old 12-19-2016, 10:21 PM   #29
ProactiveMan
Spooky ghost

There’s opinion and then there’s rhetoric, and the latter gets really tiresome after a while. I would never suggest that an opinion should get someone banned, as long as they express it in a civilised manor. Obviously, it’s OK to dislike things, and it’s OK to express your dissatisfaction, and it’s OK to enter into a debate with someone who expresses the opposite opinion, as long as it adds to the conversation.

I don’t think it is OK to interrupt and derail threads because you don’t like the subject matter. If you don’t like something, fine, you don’t have to keep your mouth shut, but once you have satisfied your need to make that clear to everyone, and once any sensible debate has come to its natural conclusion, maybe it’s time to bow out.

What I see a lot around here are people who can’t stand to be left out of conversations, despite not having anything relevant to add. I’ve probably been guilty of that from time to time, but it’s pretty frustrating. It seems to put everyone on the defensive, so even when you try to disagree with a consensus opinion in a constructive way, everyone jumps down your throat because they think you’re causing trouble.
Old 12-20-2016, 06:52 PM   #30
Cure
Y'all need Jesus

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProactiveMan View Post
If you don’t like something, fine, you don’t have to keep your mouth shut, but once you have satisfied your need to make that clear to everyone, and once any sensible debate has come to its natural conclusion, maybe it’s time to bow out.
I wish more people thought this way. It seems like people are never satisfied.
Old 03-12-2017, 07:57 AM   #31
***First of Two Latin Kings***
Will not be censored

Next Mutation *****
I can hear it now: "I'm sorry little April, I told you that if you didn't take good care of them I'd be taking them away. Now they are going to the lab to be abused for experimentation" (You could almost rewrite this as April caused the fire to get back at her father over it...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCanadiandrome View Post
Powder I'd not defend him, that's just how he gets

International shipping assistance: DARTHCJJ@GMAIL.COM
***First of Two Latin Kings*** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2017, 02:25 PM   #32
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic

I don't think banning anyone for having an honest opinion about something is the way to go. I think it's different if someone insults others who like the show or just constantly comes into the thread to state something they have already stated once. But as Proactive Man said, as long as people keep things civil and say their piece once and for all, I don't see where the problem goes.

And the OP who made this thread is a huge hypocrite for constantly coming into the Nick section and trolling about how much he/she hates it. You've said it once, now move on if you can't say something productive.

"Embrace your inner a**holiness."-Mr. Anderson.
BubblyShell22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2017, 02:32 PM   #33
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

This thread should be "Exhibit A: Why turtlefanforever should never be a Mod"
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote