The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Rise of the TMNT Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 11-04-2017, 11:00 PM   #1701
CyberCubed
Overlord

It did seem brown in the original cartoon, and Archie changed it to red as it progressed but it was similar to the original shows hair color at first even when she had long hair.

Funny thing is Mirage changed April's hairstyle pretty quickly from issue 2 to that curly black look she has for most of it.
Old 11-04-2017, 11:07 PM   #1702
sdp
Megan Fox = April

Which they explain in a panel "look at my new hairdo" or something along those lines.

Bring back Carter and redeem his character, it has potential. Don't leave him to be a villain in the Bradford show
Old 11-04-2017, 11:08 PM   #1703
CyberCubed
Overlord

Fanart like this will look very different once the new April's design is revealed.
Old 11-04-2017, 11:17 PM   #1704
sdp
Megan Fox = April

Deviantart...

Old 11-04-2017, 11:34 PM   #1705
Xav
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Because that's whitewashing.

For example people don't mind whites being changed to blacks (see Nick Fury in the Marvel movies/universe), but blacks being changed to whites opens up a whole 'nother can of worms.
What the heck are you talking about? Those always some outcry every time a character gets blackwashed.
Old 11-04-2017, 11:49 PM   #1706
sdp
Megan Fox = April

Nick Fury worked since Ultimate Fury was specifically based on Samuel L. Jackson and people didn't mind it for Ultimate since it was already doing all kinds of crazy things and was not "canon".

Now black Fury is the son of original Nick Fury in the main continuity so both exist and no one cares. Kid Flash/Wally West changed the redheaded hero we loved for some black guy with a different story that was in no shape or form better, people were mad, and now they brought back the original Wally but found a way to keep both of them in and now black Wally can shine on his own.

Most people praising all these race changes are usually white, which is even more insulting for preaching what is good for "us". I can assure you changing an established b-list character isn't doing it for them either, why not instead make a NEW character who is actually worth a damn, now that would be something I can get behind. If you're going to race swap then don't insult people and actually change the main heroes, make Steve Rogers black and Clark Kent Latino.

And other things where people should actually be outraged like changing established characters to white like with Dr. Strange, it wasn't given the same attention as it should have or they do for other cases. Everyone has their agenda, don't be fooled into thinking they're here for the good of "people of color".
Old 11-04-2017, 11:51 PM   #1707
Ninjinister
無問題

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cure View Post
I don't mind any of these changes, but I think people who keep parroting "Raphael will probably be leader temporarily! Leonardo will eventually be leader!" are only setting themselves up for disappointment.

"Dogpound double mutated! This opens up a world of possibilities!"

"Dark Leo is gonna be awesome and last for MULTIPLE EPISODES!"

"The spirit arc is gonna be great! One episode for each turtle!"
Yeah there did seem to be a lot of that. And then somehow it was the writers' fault for not meeting those expectations that they never set in the first place.

I also feel like the main problem right now with what little information we have now is "mountain out of a molehill" material. These changes are infinitesimally smaller than some of the ones we've seen in the last 33 years and yet they'll apparently be the death of the franchise? That reeks of not paying attention to history. And the comparisons of the "why stop there!? why not XYZ" seem to be hyperbole at it ugliest.

I mean this might suck hard and tank. It may be super popular but still be unappealing to me personally. But to act like you're betrayed because of anything done on the show, no matter how big or small, is ultimately childish. Not a single one of us on this board who doesn't have a green name is special at all and none of our opinions matter more than any other's - but at least apply logic to your statements instead of adopting GIFT like your life depended on it.
Old 11-04-2017, 11:57 PM   #1708
Papenbrook
*The King of Nothing*

I agree.

Folks are acting like we're getting a Platinum Dunes-like TMNT all over again.
Old 11-05-2017, 12:01 AM   #1709
sdp
Megan Fox = April

I found the Platinum Dunes movies flawed but worthwhile of the TMNT name.

I somehow missed all the 'drome drama about them but I would've been on the "dark side" of the battle.

I think I made one post praising the movie and got invited to this drome group where all they did was talk bad about the dromers I liked
Old 11-05-2017, 12:08 AM   #1710
Leolead
Stone Warrior

I was one of the biggest fans of the 2014 movie back in the day when I joined. Made a lot of good friends. Most of them left after the movie came out, unfortunately. I soured on the movie after I saw it a second time, I was just happy to get another live action TMNT movie, initially.
Old 11-05-2017, 12:08 AM   #1711
CyberCubed
Overlord

I was mentally traumatized by the noses and nostrils on the Turtles in the movies. They looked like Shrek ogres or 4 Hulks. I had never seen anything so offensive before in my entire life.

Between that and the possibility of Eric Sachs being a white man Shredder, I almost had a complete mental breakdown.

Thankfully, life goes on! Isn't that great?
Old 11-05-2017, 01:29 AM   #1712
Coola Yagami
Overlord

The main feeling I'm getting is, this show is not going to be for us. It's for the kids. Yeah, you might say 'we know that' but obviously no... no you don't since we have pages of discussion going batshit about wether or not Raph is going to be the leader for good or just for an arc.

Who cares? This show is said to be even lighter in tone and more childish than the 2012 one... and this is coming out next year, when we're all a year older, after already watching a kid's show for 6 years. And now we're going to bitch about any even more childish show?

It's time to grow up, step back and let the new generation enjoy it. We no longer have a say in it. We no longer have the right to complain. It's not our show. I wouldn't care if they mutated April into Venus and left it permanently. It's not our show anymore.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Old 11-05-2017, 01:46 AM   #1713
CyberCubed
Overlord

We don't know the tone of the show till we get a trailer and then the first few eps air. The Nick show got plenty dark at times, if this show can balance fun/lighthearted adventures with action/darkness it will be fine.
Old 11-05-2017, 01:42 AM   #1714
Sumac
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjinister View Post
Yeah there did seem to be a lot of that. And then somehow it was the writers' fault for not meeting those expectations that they never set in the first place.
Welcome to the world of fandoms!!
People always built sand castles and then get outraged when they expectations (which nobody promised to realize) don't not come to pass.

Just look at some of the movie or video games review, where people angry because the thing is not like they get used to or like they have imagined, even if all marketing material told that this is something different from the usual stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
Who cares? This show is said to be even lighter in tone and more childish than the 2012 one... and this is coming out next year, when we're all a year older, after already watching a kid's show for 6 years. And now we're going to bitch about any even more childish show?
I don't largely care, since I was not fan of neither Nick series nor PD movies, and I suspect, that as you have said, new show won't be for old fans, but it's just fan to chat with people about it and see what they have to say.

You know, just normal communication with people, without going into "fanboy" mode. That's what forums for.
Old 11-05-2017, 01:47 AM   #1715
Chris
Mad Scientist

I like that they're changing it up a bit. We've just had 5 seasons of relatively traditional (slightly horror inspired) TMNT. It would be too soon to go straight back to that well. So let them shake things up a bit. If it works, great, if not, oh well at least they tried. They might do something that works really well and gets embraced enough to stick around when we get the next traditional style series.

I love the idea of black April, it's a nice nod to her ethnically ambiguous roots. I'm intrigued by the characterisation changes and loving the idea of Mikey's artistic side (finally!). Sure I'm a little apprehensive of Leo not being the leader, but I'm also excited by how this opens them up to explore who he is beyond just "Leonardo leads". Yes, that option is always there (Nick Leo found a good balance between a growing leader and a lovable geek) but it's so easy for him to get stereotyped that by taking the leadership role away they have to explore the rest of his personality.

At the end of the day, I already have 2 animated series that I love (2K3 & 2K12), the brilliant original movie and it's still fun to watch sequels, the Mirage comics and the still ongoing IDW comic. If I enjoy this series that's fantastic, but if not then I still have my TMNT, this series is for the next generation. These characters will continue to get reinvented. Sometimes it works (2K3, IDW), sometimes it doesn't (TNM, PD), but there will always be a new version coming. If I don't like it, I can enjoy what I have and wait to see what's next.

As long as it's not TMNT Team Up! That needs to be burnt in the fires of hell and never seen again
Old 11-05-2017, 04:12 AM   #1716
newfan
Mad Scientist

Fans are going to have feelings on something they like/love even if they know it isn't meant for them.

Quote:
I was mentally traumatized by the noses and nostrils on the Turtles in the movies. They looked like Shrek ogres or 4 Hulks. I had never seen anything so offensive before in my entire life.
Cubed I will now likely think of you being traumatised by those nostrils whenever I see those movies.

Last edited by newfan; 11-05-2017 at 04:17 AM.
Old 11-05-2017, 05:19 AM   #1717
Vegita-San
Emperor

Quote:

It's time to grow up, step back and let the new generation enjoy it. We no longer have a say in it. We no longer have the right to complain. It's not our show. I wouldn't care if they mutated April into Venus and left it permanently. It's not our show anymore.

We ALWAYS have a right to complain. We may be getting older, but it's still OUR franchise. just because it's no longer targeted toward us doesn't mean we still don't get an opinion on what we like and don't like. Even if we choose not to watch it.

As it was once so 'eloquently' put to me... slightly modified.. 'This IS a Beeping Message board'. It's what we do

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post

Most people praising all these race changes are usually white, which is even more insulting for preaching what is good for "us". I can assure you changing an established b-list character isn't doing it for them either, why not instead make a NEW character who is actually worth a damn, now that would be something I can get behind. If you're going to race swap then don't insult people and actually change the main heroes, make Steve Rogers black and Clark Kent Latino.

And other things where people should actually be outraged like changing established characters to white like with Dr. Strange, it wasn't given the same attention as it should have or they do for other cases. Everyone has their agenda, don't be fooled into thinking they're here for the good of "people of color".
What I don't like is 'just cause they're white, it means nothing'. that does come off a bit preachy and insulting and SJW'ery.

As for Japanese to white, at least people made a huge uproar when they tried to do that to Shredder. and so much so, that it actually got changed back to the way it was. So, I guess there hope, but slim hope .
Old 11-05-2017, 07:45 AM   #1718
Cyndaquilfan123
Foot Soldier

Quote:

Between that and the possibility of Eric Sachs being a white man Shredder, I almost had a complete mental breakdown.

Thankfully, life goes on! Isn't that great?
Mentally Traumatized? Cubed, if you think that’s the worst thing you’ll see in life, then I honestly don’t know what to say.
Old 11-05-2017, 07:51 AM   #1719
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
We don't know the tone of the show till we get a trailer and then the first few eps air.
Then shut up.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Old 11-05-2017, 10:51 AM   #1720
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Then shut up.
Why are you telling this to me? I'm interested in the new show and excited. You should be responding to Vegita-san since he's the one complaining non-stop of his TMNT franchise being ruined.
Closed Thread

Tags
2018, rise of the tmnt, speculation, we're crimefighters