The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Everything Else

Notices

Old 03-27-2017, 06:43 AM   #81
ToTheNines
[sic]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
There's like... one.
Yyyyeeeeeaahhhhh... don't know what they're talking about, either.

Bayturtles fans are "chill" now because the whole section is mostly dead. But that was a **** scene during both releases.

Andrew is the only person I'd call a Mirage purist, and he dabbles in other versions. He also generally just picks on the works, and not the fans. Of course that annoys the fans, but he's mostly just trying to be funny.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2017, 06:52 AM   #82
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic

Yeah, he's never been outright rude to the fans of the incarnations and just likes to say that he prefers Mirage and just talks about the shows and movies themselves. And that's perfectly fine too.

"Embrace your inner a**holiness."-Mr. Anderson.
BubblyShell22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2017, 06:57 AM   #83
***First of Two Latin Kings***
Will not be censored

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Jester's a mod, and he's pretty cool. Every once in a while the other ones will pop out of the shadows and, like, get mad about self-censored swear words..
Jester may not be my biggest fan, but at least he let me have the last word before he closed my thread after two turds sabotaged it.
I can hear it now: "I'm sorry little April, I told you that if you didn't take good care of them I'd be taking them away. Now they are going to the lab to be abused for experimentation" (You could almost rewrite this as April caused the fire to get back at her father over it...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCanadiandrome View Post
Powder I'd not defend him, that's just how he gets

International shipping assistance: DARTHCJJ@GMAIL.COM
***First of Two Latin Kings*** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2017, 01:31 PM   #84
Jephael
That whack job behind you

Quote:
Originally Posted by ***First of Two Latin Kings*** View Post
Jester may not be my biggest fan, but at least he let me have the last word before he closed my thread after two turds sabotaged it.
My aren't you just a jolly little elf or something?

www.jephael.com
Jephael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2017, 01:43 PM   #85
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToTheNines View Post
Andrew is the only person I'd call a Mirage purist, and he dabbles in other versions. He also generally just picks on the works, and not the fans. Of course that annoys the fans, but he's mostly just trying to be funny.
I doubt that with him picking on every PD fan as a plant lol. I agree though people need to chill out when he pokes fun at other incarnations of tmnt. I always have a good laugh seeing his posts/thread in the PD section.
FredWolfLeonardo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2017, 01:47 PM   #86
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredWolfLeonardo View Post
I doubt that with him picking on every PD fan as a plant lol.
Every fan as a plant? Where are these so-called legit "fans" now? They're not here because the need for marketing is done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToTheNines View Post
Bayturtles fans are "chill" now because the whole section is mostly dead.
Bayturtles fans are "chill" now because they don't exist. They were 99.5% PLANTS.

Last edited by Andrew NDB; 03-27-2017 at 01:54 PM.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2017, 01:56 PM   #87
Jephael

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredWolfLeonardo View Post
I doubt that with him picking on every PD fan as a plant lol. I agree though people need to chill out when he pokes fun at other incarnations of tmnt. I always have a good laugh seeing his posts/thread in the PD section.
The Michael Bay films aside, it is hard trying not to take it personally when he makes derogatory comments about the more classic iterations, especially the original cartoon. That show meant a lot to those of us who grew up with it back then, and unfortunately it was a victim of the time it came out. I don't blame the writers though for the choices that were ultimately made... it all lies on the fault of network censors in the end.

That all being said, I still find it funny Andrew complains so much about the original 1990 film. That's about as close to the violent, gritty realism of the original comics as they could ever get, especially back then.

At this point I feel like the only person who could ever do anything that dark and gritty with the TMNT would be Kick-Ass and Kingsman director Matthew Vaughn

www.jephael.com

Last edited by Jephael; 03-27-2017 at 02:09 PM.
Old 03-27-2017, 01:59 PM   #88
DarthRaphael

I love people that bypass the swear filter. Just sayin.

I edit your posts
DarthRaphael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2017, 02:07 PM   #89
DisKosh
Foot Soldier

I love Mirage but that doesn't mean it's perfect. I try and avoid calling myself a purist of anything because you miss so much.

1939 movie adaptation of The Hunchback of Notre Dame? Nothing like the novel, you can't like it if you're a purist.

I still love the novel and many changes added in the movies don't improve on the novel, at least in my opinion, but they're still interesting and make for enjoyable viewing.
DisKosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2017, 02:17 PM   #90
Jephael

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisKosh View Post
I try and avoid calling myself a purist of anything because you miss so much.
Same here. Heck for a while there, I was kind of an Archie TMNT purist putting that whole iteration on a pedestal.

www.jephael.com
Old 03-27-2017, 02:21 PM   #91
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

I don't really consider myself a "Mirage purist." I just have a predilection toward TMNT material that is not watered-down, toy-shilling dogsh*t. If new TMNT material appears that is not that, I would probably enjoy it.
Old 03-27-2017, 02:31 PM   #92
Jephael

Quote:
I don't really consider myself a "Mirage purist." I just have a predilection toward TMNT material that is not watered-down, toy-shilling dogsh*t. If new TMNT material appears that is not that, I would probably enjoy it.
Okay, but then why can't certain secondary characters be given another chance, like Bebop and Rocksteady? I recall the Archie comics doing a decent job with them, as the current IDW comics have been doing lately. I don't see them getting too overused.

I feel like you put the Ninja Turtles themselves on way too big of a pedestal sometimes, and it was never meant to be Shakespeare or whatever high hopes you had for it. Heck, my sister still teases me for being a fan of the TMNT all together, and to be honest I can't say I blame her. It is all pretty childish when you get right down to it.

www.jephael.com
Old 03-27-2017, 02:37 PM   #93
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jephael View Post
I feel like you put the Ninja Turtles themselves on way too big of a pedestal sometimes, and it was never meant to be Shakespeare or whatever high hopes you had for it. Heck, my sister still teases me for being a fan of the TMNT all together, and to be honest I can't say I blame her. It is all pretty childish when you get right down to it.
You are in no way, shape or form remotely qualified to even chime in this discussion... let alone weigh in on other board members.
Old 03-27-2017, 02:39 PM   #94
Jephael

Quote:
You are in no way, shape or form remotely qualified to even chime in this discussion... let alone weigh in on other board members.
Whoa, looks like I hit a little nerve there! Chill, man. We're talking Ninja Turtles here, not political matters.

www.jephael.com
Old 03-27-2017, 02:41 PM   #95
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jephael View Post
Whoa, looks like I hit a little nerve there! Chill, man. We're talking Ninja Turtles here, not political matters.
What does that even mean?
Old 03-27-2017, 02:43 PM   #96
AquaParade
Banned

Quote:
Every fan as a plant? Where are these so-called legit "fans" now? They're not here because the need for marketing is done.

Bayturtles fans are "chill" now because they don't exist. They were 99.5% PLANTS.
I'd love it if you could point a post or thread clearly made by a plant.

It's not that I don't believe you, I just find it hard to believe, and slightly fascinating.

It seems to me that you couldn't really put a dent in things by sending multiple people to hype it up your movie in this relatively small forum.

Once again, not calling you out, but I would love to take a look.
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2017, 02:46 PM   #97
Jephael

Am I gonna have to come out and say it? Because I know what your response is gonna be, man.

These are make believe characters; figments of peoples' imagination!!! They're meant to bring enjoyment to our lives, not turn us all into a bunch of whiny p*ssies arguing over how they should and shouldn't be depicted.

This whole debate reminds of an old episode of South Park from years back, though I'd prefer not to go into a tangent here.

www.jephael.com
Old 03-27-2017, 02:48 PM   #98
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

This is why I don't get involved in any of these discussions, It gets very political, Mirage fans, Fred Wolf Fans, 4Kids Fans, Nick Fans, PDTMNT Fans are always ripping on each other, Its like Politics, One side thinks they are better then the other, This is a battle neither will win.

I'm a Fred Wolf Fan, And I'm not gonna argue why I think that version of TMNT is better then the rest of them, Cause I'm very open to other incarnations, I'm fan of the franchise, As long as there is a TMNT in any shape or form, I'm happy to see it still being relevant.
Old 03-27-2017, 02:49 PM   #99
DestronMirage22
Yukipedia

DestronMirage22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2017, 02:51 PM   #100
Jephael

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerClaw View Post
This is why I don't get involved in any of these discussions, It gets very political, Mirage fans, Fred Wolf Fans, 4Kids Fans, Nick Fans, PDTMNT Fans are always ripping on each other, Its like Politics, One side thinks they are better then the other, This is a battle neither will win.

I'm a Fred Wolf Fan, And I'm not gonna argue why I think that version of TMNT is better then the rest of them, Cause I'm very open to other incarnations, I'm fan of the franchise, As long as there is a TMNT in any shape or form, I'm happy to see it still being relevant.
I only get involved once in a blue moon myself. Usually I'll be like that previous guy and just spectate while eating a snack, but there are times like this where I just decide to say "screw it" and get involved.

www.jephael.com

Tags
drome drama vol.99