The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Everything Else

Notices

View Poll Results: time travel preference?
forward in time 5 27.78%
backwards time travel 12 66.67%
pause it altogether 1 5.56%
Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-07-2017, 01:54 PM   #1
TurtleWA
Foot Elite

time travel preference?

time travel preference?

I voted pause it because I couldn't decide. Also would be cool to just freeze time but still be able to move about. But not like Groundhogs day, I would want to be able to unpause at will. I know he couldn't pause time but was stuck in the same continuous day. Not good.

Last edited by TurtleWA; 07-07-2017 at 02:21 PM. Reason: Updated response
TurtleWA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2017, 01:58 PM   #2
DestronMirage22
Yukipedia

Backwards.
Always cool seeing them interact with dinosaurs and characters from past eras.
Future's cool too, but I kinda prefer their future to remain a mystery (except for Mirage).

Edit: Whoops, didn't notice this was in the general discussion, and not a TMNT thread.

I'd love to revisit the past, relive all my good memories. I'd also like to interact with myself as a child see what I was like for myself. I'd give myself advice on how to do things right. And I'd beat the crap out of myself for being such an idiot at times.

I wouldn't want to see my future. I know it wouldn't be good.

Last edited by DestronMirage22; 07-07-2017 at 02:20 PM.
DestronMirage22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2017, 01:59 PM   #3
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

Backwards. I'd go for dinosaurs, watching street around my childhood home develop over millions of years in fast motion, save some stuff from the fire at the Library of Alexandria by an armful (and recover them years later), and other such ancient artifacts that were destroyed for "heresy". And of course meet multiple historical figures and sit in on huge events.

The future would be cool too, but there's plenty to see in the past as well. It's still a different time period.
Old 07-07-2017, 02:08 PM   #4
Cure
Y'all need Jesus

Forwards, mang. I wanna see da foocher.
Cure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2017, 02:30 PM   #5
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utrommaniac View Post
Backwards. I'd go for dinosaurs
You wouldn't be able to breathe.

There's some pretty scary stuff in our past. I don't know. Maybe wayyy forward, see what lies ahead. Except I'd be worried that I'd get out of the time machine and get burned to ashes by a post-apocalyptic wasteland.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2017, 02:39 PM   #6
Wesley
Mad Scientist

Backwards. It would be cool to experience Beatlemania, for example.
Wesley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2017, 04:21 PM   #7
CyberCubed
Overlord

Forwards. We already know what happened in the past. I suppose it would be cool to be somewhere of historic significance, but I'd rather go forward.

Does mankind ever truly travel through space like in sci-fi? Do we ever leave the Solar System? Do we ever truly colonize other planets?

Like all that stuff is fascinating to wonder. I mean it is possible the human race could be extinct or blow ourselves all up in the next 200-500 years, but I'd rather see if we got even smarter, met alien races, and can travel freely in space.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2017, 04:58 PM   #8
Splinter the boss
Stone Warrior

Why didn't you have a "both" option? Backwards is cool since you can go back in time to see important events, change the timeline, save somebody etc... future is also cool, you can see how the world will be, what happened to your friends and family, what you become etc...

"I am absolute, lower your head!"
Splinter the boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2017, 05:15 PM   #9
snake
Disgusting

Stories that use both.
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2017, 05:17 PM   #10
TurtleWA
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splinter the boss View Post
Why didn't you have a "both" option? Backwards is cool since you can go back in time to see important events, change the timeline, save somebody etc... future is also cool, you can see how the world will be, what happened to your friends and family, what you become etc...
Thought it would be a little something different if people are limited in the direction of travel they could select. All the votes would end up being for "both." Most likely, if that was an option.

edit: is direction even the right word? Hmm.

Last edited by TurtleWA; 07-07-2017 at 05:22 PM.
Old 07-07-2017, 05:34 PM   #11
mrmaczaps
Banned

I'd go back in time, with my phone to take high def pics of historical things when it wasn't possible for pics to exist. I'd go have lunch with Lincoln, hang out on set with the "Dukes", maybe buy the Turtles birthplace (since it was torn down and is now an empty lot) and save it. I'd go back and force one of the earlier doctors I saw to do a ct scan and mri & more in depth bloodwork in my early teens to find the tumor in my head sooner... I'd make sure my exwifes parents never meet.... lol. I'd save my best friend from he apparent horrors of his childhood...

Oh, I guess I'd also go back and buy one copy of every Superman/Action comics that was ever made but bag & board them with current supplies... as well as all the other "key" comics out there and a full run, every issue of Turtles... maybe 2 copies of those... one set to read and one for CGC.
mrmaczaps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2017, 08:29 PM   #12
Splinter the boss
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleWA View Post
Thought it would be a little something different if people are limited in the direction of travel they could select. All the votes would end up being for "both." Most likely, if that was an option.

edit: is direction even the right word? Hmm.
Guess i would pick back in time then. It would be much more useful.

Old 07-08-2017, 02:35 PM   #13
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

That's hard... Forward would have some benefits, like cures for things we can't yet cure, and would be exciting to see where humanity goes after this (and how long we even last), though at the same time I'd love to at least visit the far/far-ish past and see certain places and cultures in their heyday or back when they existed. Not to mention meet some ancestors.

Maybe check out the dinos if I could somehow avoid becoming dinner.

Though first on my list might be preventing a couple of early deaths before I used the time machine for leisure.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2017, 04:02 PM   #14
Splinter the boss
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
Forward would have some benefits, like cures for things we can't yet cure
Knowing the cure is one thing, having the technology to bring about said cure is another.

Old 07-08-2017, 04:06 PM   #15
Cure
Y'all need Jesus

I've been summoned.
Cure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2017, 04:21 PM   #16
Powder
So tired of this place

I wanna be a fly on the wall for mafia/Rat Pack stuff in 60's Vegas, Samurai in battle, dinosaurs roaming freely, & aliens visiting Egypt (assuming it happened).

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2017, 05:55 PM   #17
CyberCubed
Overlord

In fact, I'd go back in the time with all the winning lottery ticket numbers of the last 20 years and go to my younger self and tell me to play those numbers. I'd do the same thing as Back to the Future II did with the sports almanac, only with lottery ticket numbers instead.

I'd give it my 18 year old self, and then my 18 year old self would just win the lottery for the next 10 years. Then I would return to the present of my 30 year old self and be a multi-millionaire.

What a concept.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2017, 07:50 PM   #18
TurtleWA
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
In fact, I'd go back in the time with all the winning lottery ticket numbers of the last 20 years and go to my younger self and tell me to play those numbers. I'd do the same thing as Back to the Future II did with the sports almanac, only with lottery ticket numbers instead.

I'd give it my 18 year old self, and then my 18 year old self would just win the lottery for the next 10 years. Then I would return to the present of my 30 year old self and be a multi-millionaire.

What a concept.
Are you talking about one giant payoff or several lottery winnings? Less suspicious to just win once. Even several small wins could leave a trail of evidence that something's up.

The way I know my 18 year old self he would blow through the money. I would return to my current self and be like damn, what? All of it, come on younger self.

Hopefully though he would have left me setup with some debt free assets to enjoy. But probably zero in bank.

Younger professional athletes go broke all the time. I wonder how long I could really make just ten million or so last. I would like to think currently I would invest well and control spending.

Last edited by TurtleWA; 07-08-2017 at 08:07 PM.
Old 07-14-2017, 09:26 AM   #19
DisKosh
Foot Soldier

I want to go back in time so I could comfort Joseph Merrick when he was a kid after his mother died and he was being abused at home.

Only thing is, I'm worried I'll change history so going forward in time would be amazing.
DisKosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2017, 09:50 AM   #20
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
What would you do with the other you?
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote