The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Rise of the TMNT Discussion

Notices

Old 04-15-2018, 04:40 PM   #61
newfan
Mad Scientist

The 2018 threads seem to be merging in conversation.

We don't even know Mona will be in it (do we?)
Anwyay, we all know Shredder will get the romance this time Just kidding, I agree with Indigo, I don't see much of this happening in this series, I'd not care for that change if it were to happen either.

Last edited by newfan; 04-15-2018 at 05:12 PM.
newfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2018, 04:41 PM   #62
Shark_Blade
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredWolfLeonardo View Post
Because Leonardo and not Raphael painted the Mona Lisa
Underrated post.
Shark_Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2018, 05:31 PM   #63
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by newfan View Post
Anwyay, we all know Shredder will get the romance this time
Hey, why not. How about a mad woman with a fetish for super villeins that won't leave him alone. An equally aggressive match determined to make him hers.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2018, 04:51 PM   #64
CyberCubed
Overlord

The only real reason Rise may not last that long is with Toys R Us going out of business (and by the time the show starts in September, they'll likely all be gone), is all the new toys from Playmates are going to have a much smaller market now. All they really have is Walmart and Target now and a few minor stores, but the end of Toys R US is a huge blow to toymakers.

A lot of the TMNT cartoons success rides on toy sales, and this will be the first cartoon that goes on the air after Toys R Us is gone.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2018, 07:05 PM   #65
miru
Mad Scientist

Three seasons. But after that? Will it even be remembered? Even in a negative light?
miru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2018, 08:32 PM   #66
CyberCubed
Overlord

Nobody knows till it airs.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2018, 08:42 PM   #67
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
The only real reason Rise may not last that long is with Toys R Us going out of business (and by the time the show starts in September, they'll likely all be gone), is all the new toys from Playmates are going to have a much smaller market now. All they really have is Walmart and Target now and a few minor stores, but the end of Toys R US is a huge blow to toymakers.

A lot of the TMNT cartoons success rides on toy sales, and this will be the first cartoon that goes on the air after Toys R Us is gone.
Smaller toy market... shorter and cheaper shows.

Seems to all check out.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2018, 12:05 AM   #68
frank_one
Mad Scientist

Are we sure that without Toys R Us around the amount of toys sold across the world will decrease? You know, I'm not an economist or something. One toy seller is gone, but the market is still there, I mean, the people who are in need of toys and who potentially will buy toys are still there. Maybe the other toy selling companies will just take and share that piece of the market Toys R Us has left.
frank_one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2018, 12:23 AM   #69
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

There are plenty of other places besides Toys R Us to buy toys. At this point, it's just about anywhere. If it's a shopping center with a kid's section, they're bound to be there. There's also the online market.

With how much Toys R Us had been down the tubes for years before its closure, I don't think sales from there will affect too much.
Old 05-26-2018, 12:23 AM   #70
frank_one
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Is selling toys STILL so relevant like it was in the 80's and 00's?
frank_one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2018, 02:43 AM   #71
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panda_Kahn_fan View Post
"Why do they have magic powers? I don't care if ninjas in Japanese folklore have magic powers, turtles must have no powers!"
I think the idea of magic is the biggest issue. But it seems the turtles will not have any superpowers, just use magic weapons except for Donatello.
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2018, 11:43 AM   #72
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Are we assuming Donnie's isn't magic just because it wasn't shown glowing?

If the "powers" are just in the weapons... Not big on powers as a whole series concept, but whatever. Don't go giving the TMNT actual powers because ninjas in folklore have only fabled "powers" that aren't real; the TMNT's should be likewise based on trickery and skill, only looking like magic to their foes.

As for the toys, well... here's to hoping that KB Toys jumps in with a great plan and can pull off a win, stepping up in to the void TRU will leave behind. And I hope can come through like TRU did when I could not find things at Walmart and Target's more limited selection.

Sounds like they may also put some focus on adult collectors too, not just the kiddies and kid stuff, so that's awesome.
Old 05-26-2018, 12:13 PM   #73
victory_angel
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post

If the "powers" are just in the weapons... Not big on powers as a whole series concept, but whatever. Don't go giving the TMNT actual powers because ninjas in folklore have only fabled "powers" that aren't real; the TMNT's should be likewise based on trickery and skill, only looking like magic to their foes.

As for the toys, well... here's to hoping that KB Toys jumps in with a great plan and can pull off a win, stepping up in to the void TRU will leave behind. And I hope can come through like TRU did when I could not find things at Walmart and Target's more limited selection.

Sounds like they may also put some focus on adult collectors too, not just the kiddies and kid stuff, so that's awesome.
Or Donnie would be the last one to really develop powers because he is the intellectual of the group. Yes in this version he will be into Sci-fi, but even then he would still be rigid in what is considered tangible in his mind. Where as 4Kids Donnie was the first to really start developing his chi paths.
Old 05-26-2018, 12:20 PM   #74
Overlord

If the turtles use powers, Donatello should be like when Han Solo from Star Wars doesn't believe in the Force.
Old 05-29-2018, 06:13 AM   #75
Panda_Kahn_fan
Mad Scientist

Quote:

Actually the ninja in folklore were supposed to have actual supernatural powers, such as the kuji-kiri hand signals. While it was trickery in real life, on the folklore and legends themselves the powers were supposed to be real. And it gets pretty silly when you say ninja a on the turtles world can't use magic, when most tmnt incarnations have the foot mystics. Trying to say the turtles wouldn't usE those abilities, especially when we saw splinter using such powers in mirage as early as the gosei hattori story, saying the turtles can't use ninja magic is silly.

Last edited by Panda_Kahn_fan; 05-29-2018 at 06:22 AM.
Panda_Kahn_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2018, 01:59 AM   #76
Shiro Kame
Foot Clan Mutant Renegade

Gonna have to wait until the first episode airs before making a calculated guess. At least it doesn't look like it'll be TTG's brand of stupidity and laziness.

Shiro Kame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2018, 02:48 AM   #77
Overlord

Quote:
Combined with our knowledge of who Donatello is, and what he usually believes in.
Old 06-02-2018, 08:20 AM   #78
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Hey, why not. How about a mad woman with a fetish for super villeins that won't leave him alone. An equally aggressive match determined to make him hers.
Dude..... like why not?

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2018, 11:35 AM   #79
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panda_Kahn_fan View Post
Actually the ninja in folklore were supposed to have actual supernatural powers, such as the kuji-kiri hand signals. While it was trickery in real life, on the folklore and legends themselves the powers were supposed to be real. And it gets pretty silly when you say ninja a on the turtles world can't use magic, when most tmnt incarnations have the foot mystics. Trying to say the turtles wouldn't usE those abilities, especially when we saw splinter using such powers in mirage as early as the gosei hattori story, saying the turtles can't use ninja magic is silly.
Silly? Uh, no.

I believe it is more of a matter that we prefer different angles on it... indulging in folklore vs exploring the use of trickery that created said folklore. You want them magical (I guess?), while I'd rather they only trick their enemies into thinking they are (thus instilling fear and uncertainty and throwing them off balance). C'est la vie.
Old 06-02-2018, 12:49 PM   #80
LeotheLateBloomer
Foot Elite

Quote:
Silly? Uh, no.

I believe it is more of a matter that we prefer different angles on it... indulging in folklore vs exploring the use of trickery that created said folklore. You want them magical (I guess?), while I'd rather they only trick their enemies into thinking they are (thus instilling fear and uncertainty and throwing them off balance). C'est la vie.
This! It's a tactic that Batman uses as well.
LeotheLateBloomer is offline   Reply With Quote