The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Old 09-03-2017, 08:47 AM   #2021
drag0nfeathers
Stone Warrior

I just got a delay notice for Raph, but I guess that was expected. He's only pushed back a month so I'm thinking he's going to appear at the end of the month or possible in October? Anyone hear anything about it?

Thank you to evan2000 for the AWESOME gif! <3
drag0nfeathers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2017, 08:31 AM   #2022
RaphaelinSTL
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wretched Reptile View Post
I'm likely going to contact them early next week myself. My wife and I talked it over last night, and ultimately she's right - $650 is a hell of a lot of money for things you're just not totally happy and completely satisfied with. I'm still kind of sad about the whole thing though. I still really like the figures. I just wish the standards on them were equal to the price I paid. The two just aren't congruent though. I think the realization on that hit me even more when looking at the 1990 Neca Turtles again up close and realizing, if anything, those things should be twice the price they're selling for because the quality, frozen joints and little things aside (aka standard Neca issues), is damned impressive for the price point. The Mondo Turtles just feel too underwhelming for the money I paid.

I think if the finishing work on the rest of them was consistent with Leo and the heads remained hard plastic throughout, I'd keep them, other tiny flaws and all. But the production standards have gone downhill and it's too noticeable to me with them standing together on a shelf. Leo really looks like a high end figure to me. The others, not so much. They look and feel cheaper IMO. Such a shame.
As on onlooker for these and someone who was really interested in them when they first released, your wife is right ... you're making the right call.

I wanted to love these just as much, but the QC is all over the place and as much of a fan I am of MONDO - the asking price is just far too high for such an output like this. They really need to take some time off from the figure department as I know the Masters of the Universe figures have been incredibly delayed as well as Ramona from Scott Pilgrim vs. the World.

When Mikey is displayed next to Leo, I'm shocked at how sloppy the paint job is on Leo and for what you guys paid ... it's not right. If you love these figures, that's awesome ... but I'm certainly in the camp for people the end result didn't add up to what you had to pay.
Old 09-07-2017, 10:30 AM   #2023
Wretched Reptile
Foot Soldier

Well, I tried contacting Mondo Tuesday morning about returning Leo, Donnie and Mikey and I've still gotten no response. They're usually very prompt with replies (like a matter of hours, from my experience), so this is beginning to worry me. I suspect I may be getting ignored on this. They're probably tired of refunding the subs at this point. I may be out of luck.
Wretched Reptile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2017, 10:52 AM   #2024
RaphaelinSTL
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Well, I tried contacting Mondo Tuesday morning about returning Leo, Donnie and Mikey and I've still gotten no response. They're usually very prompt with replies (like a matter of hours, from my experience), so this is beginning to worry me. I suspect I may be getting ignored on this. They're probably tired of refunding the subs at this point. I may be out of luck.
I would just keep at it. There's no sense in spending all that money for something you feel is sub par. If they still want to tout that they'll be offering full refunds, I'd be persistent.
Old 09-07-2017, 11:19 AM   #2025
Wretched Reptile
Foot Soldier

Yeah, I intend to send another email tomorrow morning if I still get nothing from them the remainder of today. I really don't get offering full refunds only to suddenly cut people off from the option. I understand they've probably tired of issuing them, but they should understand that it's because the product they produced ended up a disappointment to many that bought it.

I was happy overall for half the run, but I see no reason to keep half the team/set since things have gone downhill with Mikey. It's a fair assessment of how rushed and poor the overall output on these has ended up becoming.
Old 09-07-2017, 11:41 AM   #2026
imevilduckie
Foot Soldier

Quote:
It was a long holiday weekend. They've probably got a larger than normal queue to sort through.
imevilduckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2017, 10:29 AM   #2027
Meow
Stone Warrior

I just got my shipcon for the exclusive Raph!!!!! *excited*
Old 09-14-2017, 10:39 AM   #2028
Coro
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meow View Post
I just got my shipcon for the exclusive Raph!!!!! *excited*
Make sure you give us pics and reviews for all of us that cancelled our subscriptions.

Coro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2017, 10:52 AM   #2029
statik
Foot Soldier

Tracking on Raph received a minute ago. It says expected delivery Thursday next week.

This is for TMNT sub shipping to California.
statik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2017, 12:04 PM   #2030
Meow
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coro View Post
Make sure you give us pics and reviews for all of us that cancelled our subscriptions.
Will of course and gladly do as I run tmnttoys.net but anyhow it will take some time, more than I'd like, as I recently moved to a new place leaving me with all the usual moving stuff to deal with first.

@statik: Exclusive Raph as well?
Old 09-14-2017, 02:49 PM   #2031
statik
Foot Soldier

All subs are exclusive.
statik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2017, 03:29 PM   #2032
go_ninja84
Mad Scientist

got my shipping confirmation also
go_ninja84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2017, 03:47 PM   #2033
DrSolarMOTA
Random Punk

So, will the poster (for the subscription holders) be shipped with Raph, or will that be coming at a later date?
DrSolarMOTA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2017, 03:56 PM   #2034
drag0nfeathers
Stone Warrior

Sideshow gave me a ship date of the 26th for the regular production Raph.

Thank you to evan2000 for the AWESOME gif! <3
drag0nfeathers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2017, 05:00 PM   #2035
Antrax
Hench Mutant

I contacted Mondo and they said the poster should be shipped within 2-3 weeks
Antrax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2017, 05:36 PM   #2036
DrSolarMOTA
Random Punk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antrax View Post
I contacted Mondo and they said the poster should be shipped within 2-3 weeks
Awesome, thanks!!
DrSolarMOTA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2017, 09:51 PM   #2037
super curry max
Hench Mutant

Got a refund for 2 of my figs that a sent back bit there seems to be a hold up on the third and I didn't get one for my canceled Raph order.

Kinda nervous here
Old 09-14-2017, 09:53 PM   #2038
Coro
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by super curry max View Post
Got a refund for 2 of my figs that a sent back bit there seems to be a hold up on the third and I didn't get one for my canceled Raph order.

Kinda nervous here
Im sure they will take care of you. They are probably bogged down with shipping Raph too.

Coro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2017, 10:20 AM   #2039
Wretched Reptile
Foot Soldier

My full sub refund should be incoming soon. They finally got back with me and I sent Leo, Donnie and my second Mikey back yesterday. Packing up Leo and Donnie made me a little sad. I was happy with those overall. I still think the swap to the rubber parts starting with Mikey and the crappy rushed paint is really what killed these for me. Both Mikeys I received were just unacceptable. Curious if they fine tuned anything again with Raph. I'll be looking at reviews and in hand pics for sure.

The crazy thing is, these are already selling on average for substantially less on the aftermarket than the initial asking prices. Kind of sad. If any of us that bailed out decided we wanted to try these again down the road, they may still be cheaper to re-buy than they were to purchase to begin with.
Old 09-15-2017, 10:37 AM   #2040
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

$150 is a crazy asking price for 1/6th scale action figures that's not Hot Toys quality, so I'm not surprised they're going for less on the after marked.
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mondo tmnt