The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > 4Kids TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

View Poll Results: How's the Big Brawl!?
Its like Finding out your Dad's Superman!!! 36 69.23%
"Perhaps fate is telling an overprotective father that his sons have grown up." 13 25.00%
"They were Supposed to Stay Home." 3 5.77%
Voters: 52. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-15-2004, 09:12 AM   #21
RskimB
Hench Mutant

9:30
Old 05-15-2004, 09:18 AM   #22
Aztec General
Mad Scientist

Another great episode. With the exception of Junklantis and some parts of the Turtles in Space saga, Season 2 has been exceptional.

I love how the animators included Kirby's creations in the Big Brawl. It makes the seemingly endless "new" dimensions in the show, less random and more apart of a larger and coherent universe. (Did that make any sense?)

Drako definetely seems like a badass. This should be interesting. I hope that next week is a new episode; although I'm not sure whether or not it will be (and I'm not about to jump into the message board bloodbath that's been raging over this question).
Old 05-15-2004, 09:45 AM   #23
d_fife@mail.plymouth.edu
Banned

Good ep

I Never expected the ultimate ninja again, but am not surprised because the ep is based on a good tournament.

Splinter is finally letting the turtles be on their own with letting them decide their fate, but he was mad at them for leaving the lair.

The never gave usagi a name.

Not too fantastic cliffhanger with someone pointing his arrow at leo. THAT HAS GOTTA BE HOW LEO GETS POISIONED.

I cannot wait to see the rest of the BIG BRAWL QUARTOLOGY.

I won't be surprised to see the turtles come back to the lair and find it ransacked, but a year ago the foot searching for them kept them out of the lair. MAybe don sealed thej lair up like last time.
d_fife@mail.plymouth.edu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2004, 09:47 AM   #24
d_fife@mail.plymouth.edu
Banned

I did not expect draco to be a monster. I too thought that was funny when mikey said he has a girlfriend, but if he did he would leave the lair a lot more.

Someone posted a statue looked like shredder. IS that true?
d_fife@mail.plymouth.edu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2004, 09:49 AM   #25
Brinatello
Hench Mutant

Wow, that was awesome! Lots of action and more of Splinter's mysterious past revealed. It's fun to watch them all go to different worlds and battle strange new creatures. And poor Leo lost yet another set of katana blades! How many does this make? We should keep a record of the number of times a turtle loses his weapon in battle...for kicks. Mike's line was great, "It's like finding out your dad is Superman!" Yeah, it's pretty cool if your parent has a large statue in a hall of fame! Really great episode in my opinion. So, part 2 will NOT air next week? Yahoo! TV said it was "Tales of Leo" and that page has never failed me...yet. Anyway, can't wait to see more of it!
Brinatello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2004, 10:09 AM   #26
Gabrieli
New Recruit

As most've already noted, today's episode was excellent.

I have a question, though... was there any significance to the 'chalk' symbols that were used to open up the portal to the Nexus? A friend mentioned that one of the symbols looked like 'i ching'.

Any meaning to these? Or was it just gibberish?
Old 05-15-2004, 10:12 AM   #27
TalonMC
Thug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eye of Sarnath
Did anyone else think that stature behind Leo at the end looked a lot like Shredder?
I thought that too at first, but then realized that it's probably just a suit of samurai armor from a past winner.

But there *was* something there that made me wonder if Shredder had, in fact, been a past champion... As the TMNT were walking through the Hall of Champions, they walked passed a helmet sitting on a pedestal in the foreground. But the top of the helmet was obscured off-screen. It's possible that it was Shredder's. Since he's an Utrom, it's possible that his statue would just be a helmet... and not a full suit of armor. Just a thought.

-MC

Messenger: talonmc@hotmail.com
AOL/AIM: TalonMC
TalonMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2004, 10:23 AM   #28
Buslady
WingsOfDarkness! Perkele!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jestergoblin
Yeah, I saw some statue similarities too.

The best part was Mikey's comment about the nexus.

Not much for Usagi and he seems really small. It also looks like we may be getting a huge amount of new figures too.

One odd thing: Donny doesn't have his bag this time around.
Usagi was a kid! Duh! No scar over his left eye and what you could hear of his voice, it was quite young. And Usagi doesn't go around carrying water as an adult... Katsuichi (his sensei)made that his job.
I do like his appearance, he looks very good. I'm sure Stan had alot to do with that!
I'll damn surprised if I'm wrong about Usagi...being a kid...but that weird referee dude said he was young.

I'm glad Donnie doesn't have his magic bag of tricks, reminds me of Felix the cat. He should rely on his brain than his inventions.

I hope like in the comics, Leo and Usagi form a friendship. I can see Gennosuke and Raph being reluctant comrades but actually becoming friends.

So I'm confused...next week or no?
Old 05-15-2004, 11:00 AM   #29
rayfillet101
Mad Scientist

Drako reminds me of Shendu from Jackie Chan Adventures

"When you scream my name, pleading for the pain to stop, you may call me...Bishop."
rayfillet101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2004, 11:01 AM   #30
TerranigmaFreak
Stone Warrior

Actually I think that statue is the Shredder. Don't you remember the Ultimate Ninja guy also knew the Shredder? He said so in the Ultimate Ninja Episode. How else would he know about the Shredder if Shredder never appeared in the tournament. And maybe it's through the tournament that the Shredder knew of Hamato Yoshi.

Anyway great episode but I thought some of the animation was a bit lazy/sloppy. Those big guys(Draco and that 4 armed guy) just stood still as Splinter kicked them. I just didn't feel the power of Splinter's attacks. Other than that, great episode. Sigh, it's gonna be a loooooong summer without TMNT. I'm already wishing school would start soon

First footage of the new R rated TMNT movie.
TerranigmaFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2004, 11:13 AM   #31
Snailman
Hench Mutant

VERY cool episode, can't wait for next weeks to see how it progresses.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jestergoblin
Not much for Usagi and he seems really small. It also looks like we may be getting a huge amount of new figures too.
Exactly. One of the things I was thinking while watching the episode was "I dunno about everyone else, but all I see are dozens of potential cool new figures! ".

I could totally see Playmates mnaking a sub-line of TMNT figures called something like "The (insert name of Tournament) Tournament" & have figures of some of the fighters from the tournament. If they actually do that, then I hope they make that big bearded 4-armed guy- but he damn well better be like 8" tall or something as the dude is HUGE in the show.

-Snailman
Snailman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2004, 11:16 AM   #32
Leonardo_Warrior_Turtle
Stone Warrior

Pretty good episode. This is probably the first episode that deals with Splinter more than ever. His mysterious past, his knowledge of duals, and more are starting to come into focus. And the fact that he, along with Yoshi, are both champions is simply awesome. Some things I noticed.

-Leo's swords broke...again! What is this the fourth time that has happened?
-Hey! It's the Triceretron that the boys befriended in Turtles in Space! They noticed him and he waved. Very nice.
-Splinter, even with a leg broken, is still quite the badass of a warrior. He is so determined.

Not much else though. Still, beginning episodes of arcs are slow because they have to get the story along. But next week (if in fact Part II is playing next week) the balls should begin to roll. Oh and one more thing: Now that all the brothers are in the Brawl, you think one of them might win? Leonardo has the biggest chance, since he did beat the Ultimate Ninja on Earth. Oh and how cool would it be to see a championship fight between Leo and Splinter? Wow, that would be different.
Old 05-15-2004, 11:49 AM   #33
Buslady
WingsOfDarkness! Perkele!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonardo_Warrior_Turtle
Oh and how cool would it be to see a championship fight between Leo and Splinter? Wow, that would be different.
That would be interesting but Splinter would probably know Leo's strengths and weaknesses, therefore he may win..unless Leo's learned a few tricks of his own.
Old 05-15-2004, 11:50 AM   #34
blue_angel99
Hench Mutant

That episode kicked shell! I can't wait for season 3. Hamato Splinter is so awesome.
Old 05-15-2004, 12:46 PM   #35
Phandral
Random Punk

As someone mentioned before, I think the whole deal between Shredder/Han and Hamato Yoshi/Splinter can be traced back to this tournament. I don't believe that one statue we saw was of Shredder, but it would not suprise me if they did have one somewhere in the hall of fame, or at least was a contender at some point. This would be pretty damn shallow, eve anti-climatic, but Shredder's beef with Hamato Yoshi could possbily have stemed from his (Shredder's) defeat at Hamato's hands at this tourney?
Old 05-15-2004, 12:47 PM   #36
Phandral
Random Punk

...or possbily this is how Yoshi first became involved with the utroms, period? (The origins of the Guradians?)
Old 05-15-2004, 01:18 PM   #37
MasterMole
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue_angel99
That episode kicked shell! I can't wait for season 3. Hamato Splinter is so awesome.
I thought the remaing "Big Brawl" episodes are part of Season 2, which would end this season. I hope these last 3 episodes will air this season, not next Season 3. If they do air next season, this means Season 2 will only have 23 episodes.
TMNT are Cool. I anticipate buying the next toy(I hope) and watching the next episode. Will a company please give the Proper DVD release to the current and classic Turtles cartoons? Playmates Toys: Shape Up, OR feast on my large,lumpy,hairy MOLE, then Back Off!
MasterMole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2004, 01:28 PM   #38
jeff the cheff
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjasword
Quote:
Originally Posted by blue_angel99
I thought the remaing "Big Brawl" episodes are part of Season 2, which would end this season. I hope these last 3 episodes will air this season, not next Season 3. If they do air next season, this means Season 2 will only have 23 episodes.
Yea, but thet did the same thing with the first season, because the foxbox season and the tmnt seasons are both different.
jeff the cheff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2004, 01:29 PM   #39
rayfillet101
Mad Scientist

the remaining three episodes are still part of season two. When they are played has nothign to do with that. Last year RTNY, Search for Splinter, and fillers were played right before season two, that doesn't mean they are in season two. understand?

"When you scream my name, pleading for the pain to stop, you may call me...Bishop."
rayfillet101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2004, 02:23 PM   #40
Torrant2
Thug

last episode this season

for anyone who can still not believe that that was it go to foxbox.tv it says so. that was it friends we have to wait all these endless months for our heroes return.
Torrant2 is offline   Reply With Quote