The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Video Games

Notices

Old 08-21-2017, 07:40 PM   #1
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Star Wars: Battlefront 2

Starfighter Assault has been revealed in Star Wars Battlefront 2.

Here's the trailer for it.

Here's some actual gameplay footage from it.

Old 09-27-2017, 10:40 AM   #2
The Deadman
Foot Elite

Star Wars Battlefront 2 Multiplayer Maps, Modes Revealed

Last Movie Watched: Hell House LLC (2015).
Last TV Show Watched: Adventures of Sonic The Hedgehog (S1:E29).
The Deadman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2017, 02:05 PM   #3
Vegita-San
Emperor

I was so dissapointed in Battle front 1.

I got around to toying with it finally.

The stupid Over heating of the lasers, the More than one shot to kill tie fighters. the Aiming system that is totally off kilter. I line it up with the little dot and it doesn't look like i'm hitting anything, unless I off kilter it a little, and THEN I see the sparks showing that it is hitting.

The ground levels are a little nicer to play.

Awesome visuals, not a very well designed game IMHO. Sigh. STar wars desrves better...
Vegita-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2017, 04:56 PM   #4
Krutch
Like, stupid rich.

Anyone in on the beta?

I played around with it a few hours ago.

I'm liking what I'm playing, though I enjoyed the first Battlefront much more than most did so what do I know...

I'm not liking the cards system that seems to be in a bunch of games now to give it longevity. Even WWE has started implementing it into their career modes.

The air combat has been completed overhauled and even though I'm consistently doing a lot better than everyone else on my team, I still don't really like the controls. Guess they'll just grow on me.

Hero characters I'm not good enough on the ground to play around and tell you how they feel but they seem to consistently kick everyones ass when they show up, as they should. And I don't think Kylo is available in the beta, just Boba Fett and Darth Maul for the villains and Han and Rey for the heroes.
Krutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2017, 05:01 PM   #5
The Deadman
Foot Elite

Didn't preorder so I won't get into the beta until the weekend when it goes live for everyone

Old 10-04-2017, 07:44 PM   #6
Krutch
Like, stupid rich.

Ah, lemme know what you think when you get around to it.

Finally got to play as Rey; forgot to look at her moves first so I made a ton of terrible mistakes. But if she's any indicator to go by the lightsaber handling feels different this time around. Controls are the same, but it swings with a bit more weight to it. It's not a bad change, just will take some getting used to.

I wish they included more than Naboo for the beta, but thats how it goes i guess.

Oh, I should also mention that the droid army has a HUGE advantage in that because they're so slim, sniping them is a royal pain in the ass.
Old 10-09-2017, 08:32 AM   #7
The Deadman
Foot Elite

I managed to get a game in on friday but when I went to go try it again, the game was unresponsive even after restarts and a reinstall, so I uninstalled it. I had fun for the time that was played though, didnt check out any of the space battles cause after seeing those on live streams, they look like they can give you a bit of motion sickness.

Old 10-09-2017, 01:49 PM   #8
DestronMirage22
Yukipedia

Tried the beta a little bit today.
It's fun.
A definite improvement over the first one. Playing as the Battle Droids is always a treat.
But I think I'll stick with the original on my PS2.
DestronMirage22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2017, 11:01 AM   #9
Krutch
Like, stupid rich.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Deadman View Post
I managed to get a game in on friday but when I went to go try it again, the game was unresponsive even after restarts and a reinstall, so I uninstalled it. I had fun for the time that was played though, didnt check out any of the space battles cause after seeing those on live streams, they look like they can give you a bit of motion sickness.
I never got used to the new controls in the few times I played it. It has more control for tight turns and targeting but it loses a sense of stability. Motion sickness wasn't an issue for me, but I play VR on an almost daily basis so that's probably washed away any I may have had.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DestronMirage22 View Post
Playing as the Battle Droids is always a treat.
But I think I'll stick with the original on my PS2.
I was a little surprised/miffed that these guys weren't available to play as...

Hopefully they'll be in some DLC or something.

Cuz I mean, really?

Last edited by Krutch; 10-11-2017 at 11:12 AM.
Old 11-16-2017, 01:55 AM   #10
Krutch
Like, stupid rich.

Well, been playing it nonstop since Tuesday. I love it. But I'm easy on games, so.. don't trust me, I guess.
Old 11-17-2017, 01:50 PM   #11
sdp
-

I've been following the drama of the lootboxes and it's been glorious, I never would've thought that this whole thing would've ended up with Bob Iger calling EA and affecting their stock so much
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2017, 10:13 PM   #12
dl316bh
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
I've been following the drama of the lootboxes and it's been glorious, I never would've thought that this whole thing would've ended up with Bob Iger calling EA and affecting their stock so much
Wait, what's happening? I haven't heard this one.
Old 11-17-2017, 10:23 PM   #13
Spike Spiegel
See You Next Mission

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
The stuff being posted tonight on r/prequelmemes is the best I've seen in a while now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryomancer View Post
Mirage [is]...a comic about life and how life and the people closest to you just absolutely suck sometimes. It's "adult" in a very real sense, in that it deals with heavy themes that resonate more with adults, not that it's full of blood and titties or whatever.
Quote:
Originally Posted by d_osborn View Post
[TMNT 1990 director Steve] Barron recognized the early Mirage issues as perfect storyboards. It's a shame no other filmmaker has.
Spike Spiegel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2017, 05:23 AM   #14
shredder orokusaki
Mad Scientist

Dont buy it! dont support ea for what they did! They want to make gaming gambling! dont buy any game from them.
Old 11-18-2017, 08:23 AM   #15
Vegita-San
Emperor

all i want is a constant series of R Squadron type games with better and better graphics. why is something so simple so tough?
Vegita-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2017, 10:40 AM   #16
sdp
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by dl316bh View Post
Wait, what's happening? I haven't heard this one.
long story short the game features microtransactions on the level of free mobile games but the game is still charging $60 and behind paywalls you have main characters like Darth Vader/Luke Skywalker. Someone did the math and to have one of them you would need $80 or 80 hours to unlock a character for free.

This lead reddit's most downvoted post in its history by more than 10 times the previous record and tons of bad press and pre-orders cancelled. In response they reduced the price of characters 75% but at the same time also reduced the rewards you earn to get those characters 75% and it was still unfair and people doubledown on their complains because of that even if it was.

More PR disaster statements from EA lead to Bob Iger; Disney CEO contacting EA for undisclosed reasons and later EA announced that it was eliminating these paywalls in the game but the statement they typed up was a bit vague leading to people to still tell others that EA would just enable them at a later date which may or may not be true but the negativity continued.

Because of all the bad press and getting rid of the paywalls which make a lot of money for these companies lead to the investors getting scared and selling t heir stock, EA is easily one of the best companies to invest for you are into gaming stocks so this is pretty significant.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2017, 08:54 PM   #17
Krutch
Like, stupid rich.

As someone who doesn't game outside the VR community often, can someone explain to me how what EA is doing with Battlefront 2 is any different than what almost every other developer is doing with loot boxes these days?

Last edited by Krutch; 11-20-2017 at 09:30 PM.
Old 11-23-2017, 02:01 PM   #18
shredder orokusaki
Mad Scientist

Belgium Havai and Australia are trying to ban lootboxes now and they also try to convice other countries to ban them too http://www.trustedreviews.com/news/b...europe-3339440
If it banned in all europe and america that will be the end of them. I have never used them and never will BECAUSE IAM THE SHREDDER! and i beat evryone with my sword and power! I dont need any of those stupid things! Glad to see them getting destroyed!!!
Old 12-06-2017, 09:25 PM   #19
Krutch
Like, stupid rich.

To anyone playing, what side did you pick for the Last Jedi DLC? I went with First Order.